This week's game

WarTim

Since Field is gonna' take the snaps...Would you line up and attempt to pound the ball and work on the running game or just run the regualr offense? What about defense? Put in the "wrinkles" required for a spread/option type team or go with the five db set we played against LSU?

I know we must play OUR game and work at getting better, but, what would YOU do if you were calling the offense and defense this week?

I would pound it and get the running game up to par for the SEC stretch run. I would give all of the rbs plenty of carries. I would work on the long passing game for the benefit of the wide recievers.

As for defense, I would work on getting the young dbs as much time as possible. I would play any of the young guys that are not gonna' redshirt as much as possible and let the starters rest up for USC on the following Thursday.

Your take?

Tim,

In our last 5 games against La. Monroe, Citadel, La.Tech, Ball State and W.Kentucky. AU averaged 24 pass attempts per game to 42 runs. I would expect the same run pct against Buffalo. I would like to see Blake pass the ball 20 times but AU also needs to work our TE's in the running game, especially with Cole Bennett gone for what might be the season.

I also see the coaches wanting this game over with as soon as possible and then running game would sure run the clock much faster. Buffalo is giving up 260-yards rushing per game and the quicker we can get our starters off the field, the better.

On the way to the LSU game Tubs was on ESPN Radio and said we are a 40/20 split run pass team.

With that said.

If Blake is on the field I would expect us to run the normal offense with nothing too fancy but he needs to run the whole offense not just run left and run right. He needs to work the whole game plan and feel the game come to him.

I would expect mostly runs but once we pass the 50 it will open up a bit.

Defense:

Sears it back expect less 5db sets. Base defense work on assignments 80% of the time. 20% work on the rest of the defensive sets. All depends what the Buffs throw at us.

Archived