Injury Update?

auburnu008

I heard on radio that Bosley's injury was minor, bruised knee I believe? Didn't know Lester or Blackmon were injured.

They said on the radio that Lester tweaked his hammy again, and they sat him for the 2nd half. All 3 were said to be minor injuries.

Lester's muscles are made of rubber bands... I'm convinced.

Yeah, seems like he can never go through one game without injuring something :( good thing we have tate cause i don't think we can rely on him for 12 full games next year without Kenny.

I remember hearing something last year about lester not having enough body fat to protect his muscles.

I'm not doctor, but it makes sense.

Anyone with more knowledge wanna take a stab at that?

The body fat thing is a crock. You may be more prone to muscle bruises, but not strains which is just small tears.

As far as hamstring pulls go, it tends to be a chronic problem. I know from personal experience. Those tears repair with scar tissue thats not as strong as the muscle. And it tends to pull/tear again and again. Something as simple as taking a step would cause me pain sometimes. Its also an issue with having tight quads, which is common in athletes. The quads are much bigger and stronger muscles and over power and strain the hamstring at the point where they are in opposition and both are contracting. If that makes any sense at all.

Sometimes, there are people with just bad tendons/ligaments/muscles/etc. and they battle injuries. I think Lesters has to do with how hard he runs and just being a smaller guy running into d-linemen. I think guys that tend to "pinball" rather than run through people are more durable like Rudi Johnson or Ben Tate.

This is starting to remind me of the '02 (?) season where we had to go to our 3rd or 4th string Center to finish out the last two games and the bowl game.........So, worst case senario, Bosley is out the Rest of the season.......Maybe back for the bowl game as a back up to, hopefully, Cope. Jonathan Palmer will be the Replacement at Center, and his backup is? Leon Hart "Lion Heart" or Antwone (sp?) Daniels will be the starting Right Tackle........Brandon Cox's Blind Side, am I right so far. Okay, so where does Oscar Gonzo back up? King D.? I'm So Freakin' Lost..........Someone, please throw me a line here.

1st LT - King Dunlap 2nd LT - Oscar G.

1st LG - Ben Grubbs 2nd LG - Tyronne Green / Andrew McCain?

1st C - JP 2nd C - Ben Grubbs / Lee Tilley?

1st RG - TDuck 2nd RG - Mike Berry / Lee Tilley

1st RT - Leon / AD 2nd RT - AD / Leon?

Is that pretty close?

While Lester is prone to getting injured, I have to say that I think he'll be tougher next year and be sharing time with Mr. Tate. I could see a runningback combo with Tate and Lester much like this year with Irons and Lester. I gather that Tate is kind of a Ronnie Brown or Kenny Irons type runner, who will just as soon run over you as around you. Give Tate some time in a few more games this year and a year to get bigger and more mature and we could see another dynamic duo. Possibly.

So maybe Lester's injuries won't be so bad of a problem.

Ryan

This is starting to remind me of the '02 (?) season where we had to go to our 3rd or 4th string Center to finish out the last two games and the bowl game.........So, worst case senario, Bosley is out the Rest of the season.......Maybe back for the bowl game as a back up to, hopefully, Cope. Jonathan Palmer will be the Replacement at Center, and his backup is? Leon Hart "Lion Heart" or Antwone (sp?) Daniels will be the starting Right Tackle........Brandon Cox's Blind Side, am I right so far. Okay, so where does Oscar Gonzo back up? King D.? I'm So Freakin' Lost..........Someone, please throw me a line here.

1st LT - King Dunlap 2nd LT - Oscar G.

1st LG - Ben Grubbs 2nd LG - Tyronne Green / Andrew McCain?

1st C - JP 2nd C - Ben Grubbs / Lee Tilley?

1st RG - TDuck 2nd RG - Mike Berry / Lee Tilley

1st RT - Leon / AD 2nd RT - AD / Leon?

Is that pretty close?

I think we went through 5 centers in Tater's last year.

Lester's muscles are made of rubber bands... I'm convinced.

Yeah, seems like he can never go through one game without injuring something :( good thing we have tate cause i don't think we can rely on him for 12 full games next year without Kenny.

It's pretty much been the same groin muscle all year for brad this year. Very tough to get rid of because nothing will fix those pulls but rest and stretching it. Tate will probably have to play against Ole Mess....

:au::homer:

Archived