USC has Bush talking to McKnight...

flying tiger

Why is it a recruiting violation for Bush to talk with McKnight while the great hypster himself :puke: 'neon' Deon Sanders is free to convince Devine to wait?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/play...ises/index.html

5. Devine doesn't sign. After making a commitment to West Virginia on Tuesday, the recruiting process seemed to be finished for five-star running back Noel Devine. The 5-foot-8, 170-pound speedster surprised some by delaying things once again. Devine's high school coach, James Iandoli, said on Wednesday that Devine had a long talk with mentor Deion Sanders. During that conversation, Sanders apparently convinced Devine to wait. A visit to Florida State is possible this weekend, or Devine may opt to head to prep school in order to improve his academic standing. It appears things are on hold not only for West Virginia, but also the several other schools that are recruiting Devine.

Since Deion was at one point his legal gurdian, it is a little different. And Deion wasn't trying to get him to go to FSU...he was trying to get him to go to prep school.

I'm also wondering if being retired matters. Is Deon still playing in the NFL? If not, then maybe it's ok....

Either way, I'm sick of USC getting away with all this crap!!! It shouldn't take this long to figure out what has been going on. I love how they're trying to cover up that all this happened. McKnight messed up and now they are all backtracking. I'm sure they'll get away unscathed as always. And it's not like they self-reported the "mistake." The freakin LA Times is the reason this came about.

I have read in so many places that people or maybe just internet people are mad at Deion for telling Devine to wait....why?

Deion did and said the right thing....go to Prep school and get a year under your belt and qualify and THEN choose....

Sounds good to me

I have read in so many places that people or maybe just internet people are mad at Deion for telling Devine to wait....why?

Deion did and said the right thing....go to Prep school and get a year under your belt and qualify and THEN choose....

Sounds good to me

It wouldn't suprise me, or nearly everyone, if Devine signs with FSU after he gets out of Prep School. I was wondering, when did Deion adopt Devine, or tried to adopt Devine? Was it after his Soph. year in HS? Just curious.

Sounds good to me

It wouldn't suprise me, or nearly everyone, if Devine signs with FSU after he gets out of Prep School. I was wondering, when did Deion adopt Devine, or tried to adopt Devine? Was it after his Soph. year in HS? Just curious.

this article is from june of 2005 and is about devine about moving in with sanders. they talk to both of them and it seems to be right before it happened. i'd say you're safe to assume it was his sophmore year in high school. thhe article said he has been living with a friend for the last 3 years because his parents are dead.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dw....300473d94.html

wikipedia says that noel's dad died when he was 1, and his mom died before he was 12. i read on another website that they both died of aids, although that might just be a rumor. wikipedia also says noel has 2 children of his own.

Archived