Breach

AURainman

I got the chance through the Auburn Alumni Association to go watch a sneak preview of the movie "Breach."

If you haven't seen the previews, it is the TRUE story of the greatest security breach in American history.

The main character in question was an upper level FBI intelligence operative, and he arrested in February 2001.

The man who helped catch him by going undercover as his clerk graduated from Auburn. His character is the main character, played by Ryan Phillipe. That guy, Eric, was at the sneak preview and was available soon after for a quick Q&A. It was pretty cool to get the inside story from the REAL guy.

The movie was pretty good, but the big thrill was getting to meet the REAL guy and shake his hand afterwards. Expect a write-up on the guy in "Auburn Magazine," the quarterly from the Alumni Association.

The movie isn't a run-and-chase thriller (as the previews suggest), but focuses more on the psychology of a mole in the FBI.

I recommend it, if for nothing else than support for an American hero with an Auburn diploma on his wall.

I got the chance through the Auburn Alumni Association to go watch a sneak preview of the movie "Breach."

What the heck! I was supposed to get a heads up on that!

Archived