Vacation Ideas?

otterinbham

Okay. Here's what we're looking for:

1) Relaxing, family fun and downtime.

2) Not beaches (Sorry, had plenty of those)

3) No major cities

4) No amusement parks

5) Canada and US only

6) No cruises

So far, our thoughts include Banff, Yosemite, Smokies, etc. etc. Anybody else have some good, fun places to visit? Remember that we'll have an 8, 10, and 12-year old in tow. That pretty much rules out Las Vegas.

I would suggest the smokies, and rent a large cabin. The cabin will have a pool table, foosball, etc for the family. Gatlinburg has a big aquarium for the kids and lots of go karts, mini golf, etc. If you just want to relax though, stay in the cabin or take a tour of Cades Cove.

3) No major cities

4) No amusement parks

5) Canada and US only

6) No cruises

So far, our thoughts include Banff, Yosemite, Smokies, etc. etc. Anybody else have some good, fun places to visit? Remember that we'll have an 8, 10, and 12-year old in tow. That pretty much rules out Las Vegas.

Why no cruises?? They are a blast...

3) No major cities

4) No amusement parks

5) Canada and US only

6) No cruises

Why no cruises?? They are a blast...

Nothing against cruises...we're just wanting something different besides the usual sun and sea kind of vacation. Outside the South would be cool.

Here's my idea. Its not outside the south, but there are similar venues that could be more appealing to your location and schedule. If you're planning on retreating before June, you can rule out Florida and la la land.

LOL...I'll be sure to do that after I have my lobotomy.

Rent you a knock out cabin in Branson Missouri. It is like the smokies, but no lines and far better entertainment. Small town, world class fishing, a small theme park if the kids HAVE to have it.

Yosemite is one of the prettiest places on earth; if that one is even on your list it needs to be at the top. My wife and I went in September and missed the summer crowds. But, with kids, that may be difficult...

Archived