Random Fact

vatz22au

Was just browsing around wikipedia and decided to look up the history of Jordan-Hare. I came across this little tidbit:

Shug Jordan became head coach of the Tigers in 1951, and he was still coaching when the stadium was renamed to honor him in 1973, making it the first stadium in the United States to be named for an active coach.

Was just browsing around wikipedia and decided to look up the history of Jordan-Hare. I came across this little tidbit:

Shug Jordan became head coach of the Tigers in 1951, and he was still coaching when the stadium was renamed to honor him in 1973, making it the first stadium in the United States to be named for an active coach.

That is also in the Auburn Media Guide

What did Barfield get? :big:

I think the women's restroom behind the north end zone are named in honor of his coaching years on the plains.

I read this Barfield story in a Lewis Grizzard book. Only a week after getting canned at Auburn and moving out of his house there Barfield was called up for jury duty. He was asked to stand and give his name, occupation, and address. He stood, cleared his throat and said, "Doug Barfield, unemployed and homeless"

Archived