Spring Top 25

SupperClub

Click me for a good time

Yes, I know these are ridiculously early, and will change numerous times between now and September, but hell, it's the offseason and we are running out of things to talk about.

Here is how they have the SEC ranked:

4. LSU

5. Florida

11. Auburn

14. Tennessee

15. Arkansas

20. Georgia

21. South Carolina

25. Kentucky :blink:

They do have UAT on their "Fifteen to Watch" list.

NR: UAT, Ole Miss, Miss State, Vandy

Here's what they say about Auburn:

11. Auburn: Kind of a tossup to see who finishes second in the SEC West. Auburn's defense will keep it in games. Now Brandon Cox has to start making more plays.

Talk amongst yourselves.

There are 4 teams ranked in front of :au: that I think are ranked on reputation alone.

Michigan - defense will be very young.

Wisconsin - replacing starting QB and their two best linemen.

UCLA - do I even have to put a reason down.

Oklahoma - replacing QB, running back and still very young on defense.

Preaseason polls this early aren't worth the html they are printed on.

I couldn't disagree more. Every year we hear that same line - but it ends up being the primary source for others to make their preseason polls in July and thus August. Those preseason polls in August, which everyone claims mean nothing until the games start, wind up being the decision of whom ends up in the BCS NC game (if those teams at the top remain undefeated).

So.... these polls do mean a lot

Preaseason polls this early aren't worth the html they are printed on.

I disagree as well. No consensus pre-season SEC favorite has gone on to win the conference since the '95 Gators (http://preseason.stassen.com/consensus/). So if you know what you are looking to get out of these picks, you actually can make some reasonable assumptions based on them. If the consensus picks end up like the few we've seen so far, then it's goodbye Bengals (or Gators, depends on which one gets the nod).

polls or no polls, I just don't see uf that high. They have way to many holes on defense, and I'm not sold that Tebow can be an every down qb and lead this team effectively. 3 or more losses for uf-and that won't keep them in the top 5... LSU, new QB, new OC, and I just don't see all this talent we keep hearing about. 3 or more losses for them as well in 2007. I think UGA will end up winning the east next year. I also believe that Arkansas, while having a lot of issues will be pretty good as well. They have mcfadden and jones in the backfield and that means the qb (whoever it is) won't really have to do much...Will it be enough to win the west?? Who knows...

The huge gaping question is our offense. If we shake off the lethargy and injuries from last year, and the new guys on the line step up, then we'll play up to expectations. However, if we have a repeat of last year, then we'll get killed in a bunch of away games.

LSU, new QB, new OC, and I just don't see all this talent we keep hearing about.

:blink: Really? It was pretty apparent to me when they blew out Notre Dame. It sure as heck wasn't coaching, because I think we know who wins in a chess match between Les Miles and Charlie Weiss. The Bengals blew most of their opponents off the field based mostly on talent. When they ran up against teams with similar talent and better coaching (UF and AU), they struggled mightily.

LSU, new QB, new OC, and I just don't see all this talent we keep hearing about.

:blink: Really? It was pretty apparent to me when they blew out Notre Dame. It sure as heck wasn't coaching, because I think we know who wins in a chess match between Les Miles and Charlie Weiss. The Bengals blew most of their opponents off the field based mostly on talent. When they ran up against teams with similar talent and better coaching (UF and AU), they struggled mightily.

So are you saying that Notre Dame was a good team? I mean in the games against their toughest opponents they got crushed. So, IMO you can't say that the LSWho game proved anything, except how OVERRATED ND really was and will be again this year. :moon:

you made my point for me... Against teams with similar or better talent they struggled. So, if UF and Auburn have similar amount of talent to LSU why is it we all here about LSU's talent level being so vastly superior to everyone else in the SEC?? I just don't see the results of it. I know nobody is gonna win every game (or its rare any way), but come on. All that supposed talent and they couldn't score a TD on us?? I just think all the talent talk about LSU is vastly overrated. There are several schools in the SEC that equal talent and some that have far more than LSU will ever have.

you made my point for me... Against teams with similar or better talent they struggled. So, if UF and Auburn have similar amount of talent to LSU why is it we all here about LSU's talent level being so vastly superior to everyone else in the SEC?? I just don't see the results of it. I know nobody is gonna win every game (or its rare any way), but come on. All that supposed talent and they couldn't score a TD on us?? I just think all the talent talk about LSU is vastly overrated. There are several schools in the SEC that equal talent and some that have far more than LSU will ever have.

I never said they had the most talent, I just said they had more than Notre Dame and most of the teams they played last year. It's enough to win them 9 or 10 games every year. I don't disagree with you that there are other teams in our conference with roughly equal talent (Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, and us), and none is head and shoulders above the rest. Yes, some people are under the misconception that LSU has vastly superior talent to the rest of the conference, but even so, they're at the top.

So are you saying that Notre Dame was a good team? I mean in the games against their toughest opponents they got crushed. So, IMO you can't say that the LSWho game proved anything, except how OVERRATED ND really was and will be again this year. :moon:

I don't understand how I could have made this any clearer. They blow people like ND (average teams) out with their superior talent, but some teams have roughly the same amount of talent, and LSU struggles with them. Apparently you guys think I'm trying to say LSU has more talent than the rest of the world or something. All I'm saying is only a handful of teams (some in our own conference) have about the same amount of talent, but not many (USC, Texas) have decidedly more.

(not just for auburn's case but) i guess cbs has different views on teams with returning qb's then i do. i was not aware the tebow is a "grizzled veteran" either.

never thought i'd see the day where rutgers and kentucky are both ranked.

HA HA, :uk: football ranked and :ua: not! :lol::lol::lol:

HA HA, :uk: football ranked and :ua: not! :lol::lol::lol:

I wondered if I would have to be the one to point that out?

I thought since Satan was there now everything would be all good?

"Houston Nutt says the Hogs will work on "a lot of downfield passing." Wait a minute. Wasn't Mustain pretty good at that?"

Their statement about Arkansas confuses me... I had no idea at all that Mustain could even pass the ball. Every game I saw him in he sucked it up.

"Houston Nutt says the Hogs will work on "a lot of downfield passing." Wait a minute. Wasn't Mustain pretty good at that?"

Their statement about Arkansas confuses me... I had no idea at all that Mustain could even pass the ball. Every game I saw him in he sucked it up.

Mustain left arky... or at least left the football team.. He's shopping around to see where he's going.

FWIW: Nutt says this every year in response to fan criticism that they never have a vertical passing game. They will run the same run-based offense as always.

It dosesn't take a rocket scientist to know that if you were coaching Arky you would need to get the ball to Monk, McFadden and Jones!

polls or no polls, I just don't see uf that high. They have way to many holes on defense, and I'm not sold that Tebow can be an every down qb and lead this team effectively. 3 or more losses for uf-and that won't keep them in the top 5... LSU, new QB, new OC, and I just don't see all this talent we keep hearing about. 3 or more losses for them as well in 2007. I think UGA will end up winning the east next year. I also believe that Arkansas, while having a lot of issues will be pretty good as well. They have mcfadden and jones in the backfield and that means the qb (whoever it is) won't really have to do much...Will it be enough to win the west?? Who knows...

I agree WT, I dont think you can rank UF in the top 5 with a new qb and all the players they have to replace.

Lsu is going to have a hard time this year without JR at qb talent or no talent Les Miles is going to have a lot of trouble winning this year, and Arky is going to struggle without a qb, put 8 in the box and force them to throw on you!

Click me for a good time

Yes, I know these are ridiculously early, and will change numerous times between now and September, but hell, it's the offseason and we are running out of things to talk about.

Here is how they have the SEC ranked:

4. LSU

5. Florida

11. Auburn

14. Tennessee

15. Arkansas

20. Georgia

21. South Carolina

25. Kentucky :blink:

They do have UAT on their "Fifteen to Watch" list.

NR: UAT, Ole Miss, Miss State, Vandy

Here's what they say about Auburn:

11. Auburn: Kind of a tossup to see who finishes second in the SEC West. Auburn's defense will keep it in games. Now Brandon Cox has to start making more plays.

Talk amongst yourselves.

I believe it's more of a tossup as to who finishes First in the West. We're not conceding anything to anybody!

:au::homer:

Archived