04' AU team getting some love from Richt

WAR-MATT

AJC

Georgia coach Mark Richt believes that number of national championship coaches should be five.

"Tuberville should have won one when he went undefeated," Richt said, referring to Tommy Tuberville's 2004 Auburn Tigers, who went 13-0 but were shut out of the BCS championship game.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A weak non-conference schedule did them in.

It was not as weak as Southern Cal's.

They DID play Va. Tech that yearas did AU in the Bowl:

Date Opponent* Result Record The Line

Aug. 28, 2004 at Southern Cal1 (ESPN) L 24-13 0-1

Sept. 11, 2004 Western Michigan W 63-0 1-1 -26

Sept. 18, 2004 Duke (Ray/Com) W 41-17 2-1 (1-0) -27

Sept. 25, 2004 NC State (ESPN) L 17-16 2-2 (1-1) -7.5

Oct. 2, 2004 West Virginia (ESPN) W 19-13 3-2 -3

Oct. 9, 2004 at Wake Forest (RJ/JP) W 17-10 4-2 (2-1) -5

Oct. 16, 2004 Florida A&M W 62-0 5-2

Oct. 28, 2004 at Georgia Tech (ESPN) W 34-20 6-2 (3-1) -5.5

Nov. 6, 2004 at North Carolina (ESPN2) W 27-24 7-2 (4-1) -10

Nov. 18, 2004 Maryland (ESPN) W 55-6 8-2 (5-1) -10

Nov. 27, 2004 Virginia W 24-10 9-2 (6-1) -3.5

Dec. 4, 2004 at Miami-FL W 16-10 10-2 (7-1) +7

Jan. 3, 2005 at Auburn2 L 16-13 10-3 +5

Southern Cal didn't have to play Bama. If :au: could have had :uk: in that slot, our SOS would have been much higher.

i think from now on i am just going to call you shooter mcgavin...because everytime you post on here.. all i can hear is the line from Happy Gilmore when he says.."i eat pieces of sh@@ like you for breakfast".. to which most of us here always respond.."you eat pieces of sh@@ for breakfast?"

that's just my .02

mcgavin.jpg

Southern Cal didn't have to play Bama. If :au: could have had :uk: in that slot, our SOS would have been much higher.

Even a Boise St or U Conn would have helped more than UAT.

re-read my post again. While doing so, pay particular attention to the part about "non-conference".

:cheer:

i think from now on i am just going to call you shooter mcgavin...because everytime you post on here.. all i can hear is the line from Happy Gilmore when he says.."i eat pieces of sh@@ like you for breakfast".. to which most of us here always respond.."you eat pieces of sh@@ for breakfast?"

that's just my .02

mcgavin.jpg

Why don't I go eat some hay?

I could make things out of clay

and lay by the bay.

I just may.

What do you say?

that's just my .02

mcgavin.jpg

and lay by the bay.

I just may.

What do you say?

oh you'll pay

listen to what i say.

:roflol::roflol::roflol:

re-read my post again. While doing so, pay particular attention to the part about "non-conference".

Southern Cal didn't have to play Bama. If :au: could have had Pace High School in the Iron Bowl slot, our SOS would have been much higher and we would have been in the MNCG.

This is another part of the story I thought was intresting.

-Before the start of last season, Florida selling commemora - which can be commemorative bricks - which can be purchased and personalized for $100, $500 and $1,000 — for its "Gator Walk," a sidewalk that leads to the north end of Ben Hill Griffin Stadium. So far, the school has raised more than $500,000, which will go to fund scholarships.

Yet another Tiger Walk wannabe.

B-Plugg, the SOS for Auburn that year....

Dang, I'm already breaking my vow to stop wasting keystrokes responding to useless drivel. Must stay focused. Resist all attempts to engage in debate with 6th graders. Focus now....Hmmmmmmmm...

that's just my .02

mcgavin.jpg

and lay by the bay.

I just may.

What do you say?

Hey, I had to play it off Frankenstein's fat foot.

Larson: [after Shooter hits the ball off Larson's foot] That's two thus far, Shooter.

Shooter: Oh, you can count. Good for you.

Larson: And you can count, on me, waiting for you in the parking lot!

:roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol:

Southern Cal didn't have to play Bama. If :au: could have had Pace High School in the Iron Bowl slot, our SOS would have been much higher and we would have been in the MNCG.

Pace High School(in Florida) is where I live now. They have a great HS football team and have beat a former Bama Head Coach at Dothan, AL. Hint his name is Mike and he did not buy ugly strippers room service or Cuss that much. Sort of a Christian man if you can overlook the Secretary thing.

I lived in Milton for a few years and I recall Pace High School very well. Nice area. I wish I had bought some land down near The Moors when I had the chance back in the late 80's. That was all pastureland when I was there.

Pace High School(in Florida) is where I live now. They have a great HS football team and have beat a former Bama Head Coach at Dothan, AL. Hint his name is Mike and he did not buy ugly strippers room service or Cuss that much. Sort of a Christian man if you can overlook the Secretary thing.

Honestly, everyone was already writing off auburn when they struggled and were shutout in the 1st half against a very overmatched and crippled alabama team. The fact that we sucked that year, and most thought 2 other teams where better at the time, didn't help your cause either.

Yeah, if it makes you feel better. :rolleyes: The :ua: game had nothing to do with the BCS snub in '04. :au: was hurt more by where they started the season than anything else. The Citadel didn't help us any (note: they didn't hurt FSU or anyone else that scheduled them), but to say the 1st half of the IB played a part in keeping us out of the MNCG is nothing more than Tuscaloosa rubbish in its purest form.

Yeah, if it makes you feel better. :rolleyes: The :ua: game had nothing to do with the BCS snub in '04. :au: was hurt more by where they started the season than anything else. The Citadel didn't help us any (note: they didn't hurt FSU or anyone else that scheduled them), but to say the 1st half of the IB played a part in keeping us out of the MNCG is nothing more than Tuscaloosa rubbish in its purest form.

It's all they have TIS.

I'll bite.

NCAA Toughest Schedules '04:

Auburn #5

Oklahoma #11

Southern Cal #18

Link

It was the starting ranking and the media lovefest for OU and USC. It wouldn't have mattered how bad we beat anyobdy, i.e. the pummeling of UGA, prior to whcih one Herbie said if they handle teh dawgs they will be my #1, blah blah blah. Did he do that after AU crushed the dawgs? No. Then he says can't jump one team over the other when the others have been ranked ahead and have still won, no matter how ugly they won. But yet the next week using the win ugly in regards to the AU win over the turds. The media has no business involved with deciding who should play for all the marbles in college football.

I'll bite.

NCAA Toughest Schedules '04:

Auburn #5

Oklahoma #11

Southern Cal #18

Link

That's a bogus way of measuring SOS.

Why? Cause you said so?

Archived