Finebaum on Les Miles

BAMMERPERRY

Couple of things I want to say here,

1st You also don't hear of anyone trying to hire Jim Tressell, Mark Richt, Phil Fulmer, or many of the other top level coaches at the top level universities. Why leave a top ten program, I mean where besides the NFL (and we've seen what happens there) would be attractive to a coach like Tubberville?

2nd Let's look at a similiar situation in our conference. Coach Spurrier left a great program at florida with a national championship and more conference titles than satan had at LSU, went to the nfl, was a flop, came back to the sec, same division different school and hasn't been as dominate this time around. Bama fans, do you see what I'm trying to say here?

That you're an idiot? :lol: Stallings was a flop, Holtz was a flop, Carroll was a flop, Spurrier was a flop? How many years did it take for Spurrier to win a NC at UF?

UT_foolish.jpg

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Couple of things I want to say here,

1st You also don't hear of anyone trying to hire Jim Tressell, Mark Richt, Phil Fulmer, or many of the other top level coaches at the top level universities. Why leave a top ten program, I mean where besides the NFL (and we've seen what happens there) would be attractive to a coach like Tubberville?

2nd Let's look at a similiar situation in our conference. Coach Spurrier left a great program at florida with a national championship and more conference titles than satan had at LSU, went to the nfl, was a flop, came back to the sec, same division different school and hasn't been as dominate this time around. Bama fans, do you see what I'm trying to say here?

That you're an idiot? :lol: Stallings was a flop, Holtz was a flop, Carroll was a flop, Spurrier was a flop? How many years did it take for Spurrier to win a NC at UF?

UT_foolish.jpg

BP - How many of those coaches won a MNC at another school?

i'll go out on a pretty big limb and say that there will be a meltdown at LSU before CNS ever leaves bama.

Let's see here, Miles has left only one team. How many teams has the great Sabear left? :poke:

so its his fault that he's good enough to get better offers to better himself and his family?

if everyone always offered CTT better deals it would be a sure sign that the nation has taken notice of a great program, etc etc.

Whatever helps you sleep at night. Just don't come crying over here when he's gone and Papa-High hat is still in Red Stick.....

what will happen if in 3 years CTT rides out in his pine box without winning yall a MNC? if a team came along and offered him say a million a year more to coach for them and he left, how would you feel? what if another team offers him a million more then AU counters that and offers him 1.5 mil.....THEN is it OK for a coach to be getting paid around 4 mil? i'm just saying, i think there is always a possibility of a good coach getting a better offer from somewhere. now, who would top 4 million i don't know. but in CTT's case he would have room to get around 4 million. if he took another coaching job that was paying him more would he be just a terrible guy then?

What's CTT's longest tenure with a team? What's Sabear's? Keep trying RWS.....

But is CTT's tenure so long because of his loyalty to Auburn or because no other school has tried to hire him? I don't blame him for staying where he is, because you have a good team, and he makes a lot of money, but it's easy to stay where you are when no one else offers you any better(money wise). How can you judge Coach Saban for leaving for more money when the only time that CTT was offered more money by another school he took it, and also lied to that school and its fans.

I think all coaches would do the same thing. One thing that we as fans have to realize. These men are just doing a job. They are not members of our families, and their first loyalty is to their own families, and they have to do the best they can to provide for that family. If you are looking for another job, do you tell your present employer, and wouldn't you leave if you got a better offer?

BMH, spoken like a true tide fan. First, CTT is leaving every other week for TAMU, Dallas, Arkansas, (insert name of school or NFL team here). Now, no one wants him. You guys are a hoot, I'll give you that...

Coach Nick Suitcase is now at a program that has hired 8 coaches in 25 years for an average of 3.125 years/coach. Even if you take out Price and say only 7 coaches, you still AVERAGE 3.6 years a coach. BTW, we have had only three in the same time. We average 8.3 years a coach. BMH, maybe it isnt the coaches that are the deciding factor here. Maybe it is the Fans. Maybe it is the constantly overblown expectations. Dont even try to say things are different this year. I know 92K that say that they arent.

I did not mean this as an insult to your coach or program. Only in the press does the speculation come that CTT is going to TAMU, Dallas, Ar(insert name of school or NFL team). There have been no official offers where CTT has to turn them down or say he is not interested. Don't get me wrong, I would be the first to admit that I am jealous that you are able to have a good coach this long and win a lot of games. The only coach that we would have had for a long period of time was Shula, because no one else wanted him.

The point that I was trying to make was, how can anyone judge our coach for leaving to take more money , when their coach has not been given the same opportunity. You do not know what he would do.

I can only speak for myself, and I love my job and the people that I work with, but if someone came and offered me more money and I felt it was for the good of my family. I would be out of here by noon, and I really wouldn't care if they were happy about it or not.

You guys had STALLINGS (remember him?) for life and ran him off after he lost to :msu: one year. The probation he put you on was not that bad and was not a career ender either. Most were happy to have him. But even he was forced to change OCs almost every single year he was there. Only Mal moore got to hang for two years and he had to win an MNC to get the second year.

The point is/was that the fan base has such high expectations that even successful coaches at Bama are gone if they drop below 10 wins even for one year. bear had some very mediocre years in 68-69. I doubt he could have weathered the storm he would have found had he lost so many games with an Internet to contend with. I can hear PF now, "You dont want to lower your standards Bama fans. Coach Bryant has seen the rest of the football world move right on by him....Time for a change..."

i'll go out on a pretty big limb and say that there will be a meltdown at LSU before CNS ever leaves bama.

Let's see here, Miles has left only one team. How many teams has the great Sabear left? :poke:

so its his fault that he's good enough to get better offers to better himself and his family?

if everyone always offered CTT better deals it would be a sure sign that the nation has taken notice of a great program, etc etc.

Whatever helps you sleep at night. Just don't come crying over here when he's gone and Papa-High hat is still in Red Stick.....

what will happen if in 3 years CTT rides out in his pine box without winning yall a MNC? if a team came along and offered him say a million a year more to coach for them and he left, how would you feel? what if another team offers him a million more then AU counters that and offers him 1.5 mil.....THEN is it OK for a coach to be getting paid around 4 mil? i'm just saying, i think there is always a possibility of a good coach getting a better offer from somewhere. now, who would top 4 million i don't know. but in CTT's case he would have room to get around 4 million. if he took another coaching job that was paying him more would he be just a terrible guy then?

What's CTT's longest tenure with a team? What's Sabear's? Keep trying RWS.....

he lasted 3 years at mississippi state and took the first offer he got to get out of there, along with bold face lying to all the fans and media. he almost got canned from auburn until he got a new OC. as far as we know, he hasn't been offered anything from anyone. i'd be interested to see what happens when someone offers him some money though.

he lasted 3 years at mississippi state and took the first offer he got to get out of there, along with bold face lying to all the fans and media. he almost got canned from auburn until he got a new OC. as far as we know, he hasn't been offered anything from anyone. i'd be interested to see what happens when someone offers him some money though.

Wrong again RWS, but i'm not going to point out your mistake this time. See if you can figure it out.

Wrong again RWS, but i'm not going to point out your mistake this time. See if you can figure it out.

Is there really a difference between Miss St. and Ole Miss? That wasn't really the point he was making anyway.

Is there really a difference between Miss St. and Ole Miss? That wasn't really the point he was making anyway.

Please explain it for me then? You guys are saying CTT has never been seriously approached about another job. But anytime certain jobs come open, you're the first ones on here talking about when is he leaving. Which is it guys?

Please explain it for me then? You guys are saying CTT has never been seriously approached about another job. But anytime certain jobs come open, you're the first ones on here talking about when is he leaving. Which is it guys?

Honestly, I don't care if he has been approached or not. Either way, Tuberville will retire from AU in my opinion. The only thing I read in RWS post that was wrong is "3 years at mississippi state". It was Ole Miss, not Miss St. That small error that I thought you were trying to point out had nothing at all to do with his argument.

With that said, everytime Tubs name comes up in a coaching search, he has squashed it down with "I'm not interested and they haven't contacted me". Either no one has approached Tubs, or he is a liar. If there is one instance where he admits to being contacted for another job, I fully retract my statement...I just haven't seen it.

But anytime certain jobs come open, you're the first ones on here talking about when is he leaving. Which is it guys?
I have 1800+ posts on this site. Find me one where I came on here talking about when he is leaving for an open job, and I'll answer that question.

yeah yeah, you know what i meant to put ;)

find one post of mine where i have ever came on here saying "guys check this out, CTT is leaving", etc. if someone starts a thread am i gonna throw in my .02, probably. for that matter i've said in those threads before he would be smart to stay where he was because he pretty much has auburn by the balls after jetgate. its mainly AU fans that come on here stirring up those rumors. there is a locked thread from just april 28th of AU folks talking about CTT leaving. don't blame it on us, might want to look in your own backyard first.

yeah yeah, you know what i meant to put

find one post of mine where i have ever came on here saying "guys check this out, CTT is leaving", etc. if someone starts a thread am i gonna throw in my .02, probably. for that matter i've said in those threads before he would be smart to stay where he was because he pretty much has auburn by the balls after jetgate. its mainly AU fans that come on here stirring up those rumors. there is a locked thread from just april 28th of AU folks talking about CTT leaving. don't blame it on us, might want to look in your own backyard first.

RWS - Have I ever classified you, win or BG as the typical Bama fans on here? I think i've posted on more than one occasion that you guys bring a lot to our board. But you know anytime this starts up, there is some fly by night bama bobo-honker that'll come over here and try and stir it up. As far as having AU by the balls. I think they have each other by the balls. The university knows CTT has put in a lot of working building the program. Why would he want to leave this late in the game and start over? He doesn't and they know that.

How did this thread go from Fineturd bashing Papa High-hat to this?

Off the top of my head....here are the "rumors" that I have heard about Tubs since I joined the board.

Tubs to A&M when Fran gets fired

Tubs to Bama when Shula got canned

Tubs to Falcons for the NFL

Tubs to Florida

What else am I missing?

I've heard "Tubs to the Cowboys" and "Tubs to Miami" but never anything about him coming to UA.

Really?

Archived