Getting heated in Dem Debate on MSNBC

RunInRed

I really like the way Russert interviews. He clearly does his homework and is not afraid to put the candidates feet to the fire. He has drilled both on NAFTA so far.

Great question: TR: "If you withdraw from Iraq and it goes to hell and al-queda/terrorist regroup, do you reserve the right to go back in"?

HRC: Tim you keep peddling hypotheticals...blah blah blah...basically dodged the question.

BO: I always reserve the right as President to protect the American people, the homeland and our interest abroad. If al queada regrouped and was a threat I'd reserve the right to act and use the tools at the commander in chiefs disposal to protect us there or in other places.

Great question: TR: "If you withdraw from Iraq and it goes to hell and al-queda/terrorist regroup, do you reserve the right to go back in"?

HRC: Tim you keep peddling hypotheticals...blah blah blah...basically dodged the question.

BO: I always reserve the right as President to protect the American people, the homeland and our interest abroad. If al queada regrouped and was a threat I'd reserve the right to act and use the tools at the commander in chiefs disposal to protect us there or in other places.

Wow, we are seeing this debate totally different. You will believe anything Obama says.

Good question by Russert though, but if his past statements hold true, I think he meant he would defer to the UN over and over again. He'd be done as President waiting on the UN to do something before a ballsy decision like that had to be made.

My question is this:

How many more debates do we need to know where the candidates stand, or in some cases don't stand, on the issues? At this point are they just not repeating the same old thing and now just trying to turn each debate into the WWE?

While you guys were watching another boring debate, I was watching an awesome Vandy/UT basketball game. :poke::big:

My question is this:

How many more debates do we need to know where the candidates stand, or in some cases don't stand, on the issues? At this point are they just not repeating the same old thing and now just trying to turn each debate into the WWE?

Well Hillary ran commercials in Wisconisin and other states saying Obama won't debate enough. I personally think 20 is enough...and this best one was by far the best in terms of substantive and hard questions.

Wow, we are seeing this debate totally different. You will believe anything Obama says.

Good question by Russert though, but if his past statements hold true, I think he meant he would defer to the UN over and over again. He'd be done as President waiting on the UN to do something before a ballsy decision like that had to be made.

Defer to the UN...sure you were watching?

MR. RUSSERT: Senator Obama, do you reserve a right as American president to go back into Iraq, once you have withdrawn, with sizable troops in order to quell any kind of insurrection or civil war?

SEN. OBAMA: I always reserve the right for the president -- as commander in chief, I will always reserve the right to make sure that we are looking out for American interests. And if al Qaeda is forming a base in Iraq, then we will have to act in a way that secures the American homeland and our interests abroad. So that is true, I think, not just in Iraq, but that's true in other places. That's part of my argument with respect to Pakistan.

I think we should always cooperate with our allies and sovereign nations in making sure that we are rooting out terrorist organizations, but if they are planning attacks on Americans, like what happened in 9/11, it is my job -- it will be my job as president to make sure that we are hunting them down.

Transcript for your reference:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/26/us/polit...l?pagewanted=13

Defer to the UN...sure you were watching?

MR. RUSSERT: Senator Obama, do you reserve a right as American president to go back into Iraq, once you have withdrawn, with sizable troops in order to quell any kind of insurrection or civil war?

SEN. OBAMA: I always reserve the right for the president -- as commander in chief, I will always reserve the right to make sure that we are looking out for American interests. And if al Qaeda is forming a base in Iraq, then we will have to act in a way that secures the American homeland and our interests abroad. So that is true, I think, not just in Iraq, but that's true in other places. That's part of my argument with respect to Pakistan.

I think we should always cooperate with our allies and sovereign nations in making sure that we are rooting out terrorist organizations, but if they are planning attacks on Americans, like what happened in 9/11, it is my job -- it will be my job as president to make sure that we are hunting them down.

Transcript for your reference:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/26/us/polit...l?pagewanted=13

There, its in bold above for you. I'll assume you were speed reading. :poke:

I didn't say this debate, only stated that in the past, he has stated that he would have and would int he future defer to the UN on matters in the middle east. He's been coached up recently.

I'd be interested in some of those "defer to the UN" on all matters in the Middle East quotes. I haven't seen those.

Exactly. If you are going to reference then the past, then provide the quotes and source.

Archived