Southern Miss...who's there?

Ranger12

My dad purchased 4 tickets to the USM game and just offered me a pair of them. It is an early kickoff, so who all is going to be there? We are also thinking about hanging around awhile after the game, so any suggestions for celebrating a victory?

Well, that was a given. I was talking more on the lines of a good place to get some good food and fun after the game.

We just reserved a room in Opelika for the night before so we don't have to get up at the crack of dawn to drive down. I figure we well spend the day in Auburn after the game and then head back towards Montgomery and maybe stay the night over there before heading back home.

Well, that was a given. I was talking more on the lines of a good place to get some good food and fun after the game.

We just reserved a room in Opelika for the night before so we don't have to get up at the crack of dawn to drive down. I figure we well spend the day in Auburn after the game and then head back towards Montgomery and maybe stay the night over there before heading back home.

Well you won't get out of the stadium until around 9:30 pm. Then the traffic is terrible and anything around Auburn is jammed. If it was me, I would go across the street to the new Union Building, watch Clemson finish whipping bama, then head out to Montgomery and find something off I-85 just East of Montgomery, such as Exits 6 otr 7.

I know this link is about So. Miss weekend but does anyone know if the LAMO game will be offered in North Carolina on Time Warner Cable? Have a friend who can not make it down to the game and wants to watch it.

You're in the wrong weekend Ron. :lol:

Oops, you're right. Just proof I'm taking them one game at a time. :P I would still probably go on over to Montgomery, get settled in my motel and ask some locals where Auburn fans might be hanging out. Things aren't likely to be as crowded there as in Auburn.

I know this link is about So. Miss weekend but does anyone know if the LAMO game will be offered in North Carolina on Time Warner Cable? Have a friend who can not make it down to the game and wants to watch it.

Yeah, several have already asked that question in other threads. The game is going to be part of the ESPN Gameplan package, so if your local cable company carries those games, you should be able to buy it.

I will be there for this game, don't have a clue what we are doing afterwards.

So, anymore of you slackers going to be there? It is an early game, but does anybody plan on tailgating afterwards?

There no tailgating going right back to Atlanta that is what a 5 and 2 year old will do for ya, and the fact that my slacker friends aren't going. I need some tailgate friends Doh

We will be there, but we are driving down and then driving straight back home :( We have way too much going on this weekend.

Yeah, I now don't know how long we actually are going to be staying that day now ourselves. My wife just got home and told me that her boss asked her this afternoon if she would spend the week down in Birmingham next week to learn a medical procedure that they are going to start doing at their facility. She wants my wife to learn it and then teach others, back at the Huntsville facility where she works, how to do it.

So, she might feel like getting back home after the game before she prepares to leave me for a week. More like I need to prepare for her leaving me for a week. In the 5 years we have been married, I don't think we have been away from each other more then a couple of days.

My suggestion for good food would always be Niffers. I love that place, I can't wait to get down there for the Tennessee game and get my fix. B)

WAR EAGLE!!

I'll be there Section 10 row something or other. I'll be staying in Montgomery and driving in that morning. It'll be an early rise so I can get there and be sure and get a parking spot.

What time does the Toomer's rolling start? Right after the game? I don't wanna miss it but if it's too late I may have to.

Anybody going to be sitting in the upper deck around section 108? Anybody want to volunteer to carry my gimpy butt to the upper deck just in case the elevator line is too long?

My suggestion for good food would always be Niffers. I love that place, I can't wait to get down there for the Tennessee game and get my fix. B)

WAR EAGLE!!

I agree. We were at Niffers last night.......two for one steak and shrimp. It's one of my favorite places. It was nice sitting outside last night with a glass of wine and savoring being in Auburn.

WAR EAGLE!!

I agree. We were at Niffers last night.......two for one steak and shrimp. It's one of my favorite places. It was nice sitting outside last night with a glass of wine and savoring being in Auburn.

Yeah but I wouldn't go on a gameday..or the Friday night before. You'll be waiting for quite a while..though I haven't actually ever tried going there on a gameday.

Just bought three lower deck tickets for the Miss. St. game through their ticket office. I was surprised they still had any left. My dad just took a pastoral job at a church about 20-30 minutes from Starkville, so he, my son, and I are going to go the game and probably stay the weekend at my pop's place.

Yippeee!!!

Just found out that they asked my wife to come down to B'ham tomorrow instead of Monday to do that training she was supposed to start Monday. They want her already trained so that she can spend all of next week perfecting what she learned. Because it was such a short notice and since she is volunteering, they told her she only has to work the first half of the day tomorrow, but they will pay her for the whole day. So that means we will be getting into Opelika around 4 pm, thus giving as most of the evening to wander about the area.

I'll be sitting in the upper deck also, maybe we can take turns carrying each other.

I haven't been to a game in a while, what do they allow you to take into the stadium? I plan on carrying around the video camera around pre-game. Am I going to have to carry the camera back to the car? People have been talking about parking, what is the best route to come in from Birmingham? I don't wanna be driving around an hour to get across campus to where the parking is.

I usually come on off Wire Road, but I don't know how the constructions is affecting traffic.

I know you can't bring video cameras in. I am not sure about regular cameras. My wife was thinking about bringing her nice fancy Canon I bought her for Christmas, but I am not sure if they will let her bring it in or not. I don't see why they would not since you have photojournalists there also that will be taking pictures not copyrighted by the university.

Archived