Turkey episode

SLAG-91

Seeing the thread on the cannibalistic minks reminded me of this classic from WKRP in Cincinnati...

"As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly!"--Mr. Carlson

"The turkeys are hitting the ground like sacks of wet cement!"--Les Nessman

LOLOL... :D

• Haha 1

LOL, I remember staying up all night several years ago cause I was so excited about going to 6 flags. So I watched Nick at Night and that was one of the episodes that I saw. I remember some of the stranges things.

That was a true classic!!! The visuals you get are so hilarious. A big chopper unloading all those turkeys(ies?) and them just falling like rocks! :D

• 19 years later...

TV Guide Magazine once rated it as the funniest sitcom moment ever.  I watched it live way back when, and I agree.

Les Nesman was a genius comedian.

A 19-year-old thread bump...damn strong work. 😄

I would have posted a clip, but YouTube didn't even exist when I created this thread. 😮

Never gets old, and I maintain that Bailey Quarters is sneaky hot.

• Love 1

• 3 weeks later...

Because of this episode, watched then and by so many other people over the years, most people (especially urbanites) really believe that turkeys cannot fly.

Of course, anyone familiar with these birds in the wild knows that turkeys do fly. I've got a flock of around 50 living in the woods behind my house. They love to fly up on my roof, up into the trees surrounding my home, and of course roost.

Apparently, Les got his birds from a breeder. hahaha