ESPN Classic and Dish Network

Auburn85

I seem to no longer have ESPN Classic. When I turn it to channel 143, it says it's a subscription channel.

Any other Dish Network people having the same problem?

Here is something that I learned from the cable company the other day while haggling with Charter that I didn't know. Dish Network and cable companies are not the ones that decide what channels go into what program tiers. It's the companies themselves.

I remember last year 2-3 days before the AU/LA Tech game ESPN classic got pulled and moved to the Sports Package. They might be restructuring area's or packages.

Personally if I am still in Auburn I can't wait for Knology to get here and see what happens with pricing.

I guess they changed their channel lineup. I have the 200 or 250 package. As of yesterday, espn classic was still listed on their website.

ESPN Classics is gone from the Top 250 on DishNetwork. I couldn't get it either and called Dish...it's now part of some Sports package. :angry:

ESPN Classics is gone from the Top 250 on DishNetwork. I couldn't get it either and called Dish...it's now part of some Sports package. :angry:

Thanks for the info.

I don't think there was any heads up or warning. Just turned by there one day and it was gone. I haven't checked their website since the last time I checked it. I looked at all the packages and the channels in the package and it still listed ESPN Classic. A little disappointed. Just hope ESPNU isn't taken off 48 hours before an Auburn game is scheduled to be on there.

• 4 weeks later...

I have contacted DISH re the abrupt elimination of channel 143 without notice and asking us to pay an additional $5.99 a month to get an additional ESPN sports package. There was some comment that ESPN dictated this change. (I do not think they dictated this to Comcast according to a friend.)

DISH should honor its past contract with current customers who had 143. I have asked them to waive the $5.99 additional fee and give me back the Classic channel. WWS

I have contacted DISH re the abrupt elimination of channel 143 without notice and asking us to pay an additional $5.99 a month to get an additional ESPN sports package. There was some comment that ESPN dictated this change. (I do not think they dictated this to Comcast according to a friend.)

DISH should honor its past contract with current customers who had 143. I have asked them to waive the $5.99 additional fee and give me back the Classic channel. WWS

It's not up to Dish Network. They have no control over what ESPN has done, and they are fighting for the same distribution afforded to all other outlets.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ESPN_Classic

On August 4, 2009 Dish Network sued ESPN for $1 million in a federal lawsuit, alleging that ESPN breached its contract by not extending the same carriage terms the programmer provided to Comcast and DirecTV for ESPNU and ESPN Classic. The lawsuit claims ESPN violated the "Most Favored Nations" clause. [7]

The next day, ESPN announced they will fight the lawsuit and said in a press release: "We have repeatedly advised Dish that we are in full compliance with our agreement and have offered them a distribution opportunity with respect to ESPNU and ESPN Classic consistent with the rest of the industry. We will not renegotiate settled contracts and will vigorously defend this legal action, the apparent sole purpose of which is to get a better deal."

It's not up to Dish Network. They have no control over what ESPN has done, and they are fighting for the same distribution afforded to all other outlets.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ESPN_Classic

On August 4, 2009 Dish Network sued ESPN for $1 million in a federal lawsuit, alleging that ESPN breached its contract by not extending the same carriage terms the programmer provided to Comcast and DirecTV for ESPNU and ESPN Classic. The lawsuit claims ESPN violated the "Most Favored Nations" clause. [7]

The next day, ESPN announced they will fight the lawsuit and said in a press release: "We have repeatedly advised Dish that we are in full compliance with our agreement and have offered them a distribution opportunity with respect to ESPNU and ESPN Classic consistent with the rest of the industry. We will not renegotiate settled contracts and will vigorously defend this legal action, the apparent sole purpose of which is to get a better deal."

Dang, I had no idea this was going on. The Dodge Ball Movie scenerio is getting closer to reality. They were on ESPN 8 The Ocho. We are almost there.

Welcome to the board WWS.

Archived