Tiger Prowl Rule

RunInRed

There are several previous threads on the NCAA's new rule but this line from today's Montgomery Advertiser...

Give this new group of Tiger coaches credit -- in a short period of time, they've figured out how to make big, positive news. And the NCAA isn't the only one noticing.

Recruiting is going well again this year -- or as well as it can go in April -- and the staff is drawing boatloads of attention from recruits and high school coaches. Tiger Prowl, Tiger Trek, Big Cat Weekend, they're all working to perfection.

And now there's an NCAA recruiting rule in place to limit the big advantage Auburn had gained.

That's street cred in recruiting. Only the best recruiters out there get the reactive NCAA rules.

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/article/20100503/SPORTS/5030319/COMMENTARY-Auburn-s-Tiger-Prowl-results-in-new-rule-from-NCAA

And it got me thinking, what other coaches have pushed the recruiting boundaries and to the point where they've got their own rule? Or as Moon puts it, 'recruiting street cred.' I know Satan has the bump (and the video conferencing rule? ... Any one else?

There's the Urban rule that limited text messaging.

Oh yeah, forgot about that one. Was that from the famous texting a recruit while he was on a visit incident (Kiffin/UT)?

What about Spurrier? I know he wasn't necessarily ever known as a great recruiter, but didn't he draw ire from NCAA from time to time?

No, the texting rule was earlier, mainly because he was texting like a madman during periods where phone calls weren't allowed. But the rules said nothing about texts so he did it til they stopped him.

So what exactly does the rule say? If you cannot have more than 2 coaches, is that for one sport? Could they take he bus around with 2 FB coaches and 2 basketball coaches and 2 baseball coaches and some academic recruiters? If that would be within the rules it would still create a lot of buzz.

Archived