AU/Arky

ShocksMyBrain

Honestly, this game was very encouraging for myself. We played a decent Arkansas team close the first half, and went into the locker room with the momentum. We just came out flat; simple as that. It was like there was a lid on the stupid rim! But the fight in this team in undeniable; unquestionable. To fight back from 23 down, to climb to 6, and end up 9 down is remarkable!

The only frustrating thing to me is, why is it so difficult for this team to carry over from game-to-game. How is it that we beat a good Florida State team, but score only 6 first half points versus LSU? We played MSU terribly, but rebounded greatly against Florida and Alabama. Those games, this team just doesn't know how to finish out games. Hopefully, this team can take what they've learned the past three games and put together a complete game for the upset in South Carolina Saturday!

:au:

I said at the beginning of the season we'd be lucky to win an SEC game. Honestly I think there is more talent on this team than I imagined, and despite the record this team has improved and fought more than I expected them too. I think that first win is coming soon.

Honestly, this game was very encouraging for myself. We played a decent Arkansas team close the first half, and went into the locker room with the momentum. We just came out flat; simple as that. It was like there was a lid on the stupid rim! But the fight in this team in undeniable; unquestionable. To fight back from 23 down, to climb to 6, and end up 9 down is remarkable!

The only frustrating thing to me is, why is it so difficult for this team to carry over from game-to-game. How is it that we beat a good Florida State team, but score only 6 first half points versus LSU? We played MSU terribly, but rebounded greatly against Florida and Alabama. Those games, this team just doesn't know how to finish out games. Hopefully, this team can take what they've learned the past three games and put together a complete game for the upset in South Carolina Saturday!

Anybody that actually takes the time to watch this team play (in spite of their record) will see a team that never quits. They certainly aren't the most talented team, but they certainly don't quit playing. They came out in the 2nd half last night and started (literally) 0-22 from the floor. They didn't score their first basket of the half until somewhere around the 8-9 minute mark (if I remember right). As a result they got down 23. They kept playing. They literally got it back to a 6 point game and had a legit chance at winning the game.

Barbee knew we would struggle this year, but he's also taken some great steps to improve the program already. We have two transfers that are there now that will be eligible to play next year. One transferred from Texas the other from Clemson. That will (hopefully) help for the next season. Unfortunately we are going to have to endure a rough season this year. This team does get better every game. The more they play together the better their chemistry will be. It will take time but we'll get there. Keep supporting the program and I believe Barbee will get it done.

Anybody that actually takes the time to watch this team play (in spite of their record) will see a team that never quits. They certainly aren't the most talented team, but they certainly don't quit playing. They came out in the 2nd half last night and started (literally) 0-22 from the floor. They didn't score their first basket of the half until somewhere around the 8-9 minute mark (if I remember right). As a result they got down 23. They kept playing. They literally got it back to a 6 point game and had a legit chance at winning the game.

Barbee knew we would struggle this year, but he's also taken some great steps to improve the program already. We have two transfers that are there now that will be eligible to play next year. One transferred from Texas the other from Clemson. That will (hopefully) help for the next season. Unfortunately we are going to have to endure a rough season this year. This team does get better every game. The more they play together the better their chemistry will be. It will take time but we'll get there. Keep supporting the program and I believe Barbee will get it done.

Thats what I like about this team, they may be young, but they do not quit.

Archived