Offensive Gameplan

GoAU

We completely conceeded the running game, our bread and butter, before the game even started. Our whole offense is predicated on establishing the run. The vast majority of our passes are play action, and with no running game to speak of all we are doing is spotting the UGA D-ine a few seconds to get to the QB.

Pathertic gameplan IMO.

Offense has been 100% atrocious today

What offense? :puke:

Do we script series? I can imagine that first series (remember when we looked good?!) was set in stone but then i don't understand running the ball after that.

In my mind, this game ended when we called the draw after the 2nd timeout on third down when we were losing 14-7.

Offensive line looked terrible. Playcalling sucked. You know who CM is going to throw to before he does. Seems like he goes through no checkoffs.

On another note, our secondary got run over today too.

The reverse after the turnover was unbelievable. A reverse with a pitch? After already running one or two prior reverses? Plus dyer had barely touched the ball to that point and I was all happy he was getting a carry. Then, he's pitching the ball, and it's a to. Malzahns please remove you head from you rear.

You mean we actually had a game plan today on offense and defense? I thought we just looked like we had a spring game against UGA today! Good Grief! Today's performance is on the ENTIRE coaching staff! Not just talking about the lost but the PERFORMANCE as a whole! Besides that 1st Offensive series!

It appears to me CGM has a script working on the early drive(s). After that it is flying by th seat of the pants. In '09 we jumped on uga 14- 0 in the first qtr, only scoring 3 offensive points the remainder of the game. Same thing against bamr in '09. 14 points on first 2 drives then nothing but the busted coverage td to Zachery. I've seen it this year with Clemson and Ark this year. And today's opening drive was good. Then the offense goes into the tank. Was last year a fluke because of Newton?

And what happened to the hurry up, 85 plays a game philosophy that was all the talk in the summer of '09?

It appears to me CGM has a script working on the early drive(s). After that it is flying by th seat of the pants. In '09 we jumped on uga 14- 0 in the first qtr, only scoring 3 offensive points the remainder of the game. Same thing against bamr in '09. 14 points on first 2 drives then nothing but the busted coverage td to Zachery. I've seen it this year with Clemson and Ark this year. And today's opening drive was good. Then the offense goes into the tank. Was last year a fluke because of Newton?

And what happened to the hurry up, 85 plays a game philosophy that was all the talk in the summer of '09?

^^^ You right...you can tell CGM first series is scripted b/c in most all of our games this year we score on the first drive then it's LOST ISLAND after that! But we have to block and stop going 3 and out to get more than 85 plays and when we do "hurry up" so to speak..it's not really a hurry up to me. We just line up quicker but when all the players have to keep looking to the sideline it's not really a hurry up like Oregon or Ok. University really plays. They play more hurry up offense in my mind.

Who ever calls those quick passes out on the flats, is a moron. An absolute moron. When Auburn does it, there's no cushion, no room for the blockers to push back and make any lanes for the receiver to get down field. The D is ALWAYS right there, crowding the line.

Meanwhile, when other teams call the same plays on our D, our guys are 10 yards off the line. There's no one near the receiver when he makes the catch, and they always seem to have decent success.

It's a wasted play, one that gets only a few yards, or often a loss of yards, and we continue to do this game after game, year after year.

Who ever calls those quick passes out on the flats, is a moron. An absolute moron. When Auburn does it, there's no cushion, no room for the blockers to push back and make any lanes for the receiver to get down field. The D is ALWAYS right there, crowding the line.

Meanwhile, when other teams call the same plays on our D, our guys are 10 yards off the line. There's no one near the receiver when he makes the catch, and they always seem to have decent success.

It's a wasted play, one that gets only a few yards, or often a loss of yards, and we continue to do this game after game, year after year.

But it works so well in practice!! :rolleyes:

:drippingsarcasm7pa:

^^^

Finally...someone else has seen the light on those WR screen/quick out passes besides me! I've been saying this ALL YEAR. Bottom line...CGM's offense is too predictable! If the sports announcers know your plays before the snap week in and week out...then why wouldn't our opponent know what are plays are going to be??!! SMH.

100% accurate.

Also, why did we bother to recruit Trovon Reed, the #1 player in Louisiana? We have never thrown the ball to Reed when he had a chance to catch it and do something. He's only received it on the above mentioned hopeless pass in the flat. Today, he wasn't even targeted for a pass.

I was thinking when Blake went down earlier in the year that it's a helluva note when a team's entire offense shuts down because ONE WR is injured. Stallworth (#85) looked great in the opening game. Does he even play any more? If all the opposition has to worry about is one RB and Blake, we may well be through scoring for the year. Even Samford can stop that.

100% accurate.

Also, why did we bother to recruit Trovon Reed, the #1 player in Louisiana? We have never thrown the ball to Reed when he had a chance to catch it and do something. He's only received it on the above mentioned hopeless pass in the flat. Today, he wasn't even targeted for a pass.

I was thinking when Blake went down earlier in the year that it's a helluva note when a team's entire offense shuts down because ONE WR is injured. Stallworth (#85) looked great in the opening game. Does he even play any more? If all the opposition has to worry about is one RB and Blake, we may well be through scoring for the year. Even Samford can stop that.

CGM seems to think the screen is the only thing Reed is good for this year.

You mean we actually had a game plan today on offense and defense? I thought we just looked like we had a spring game against UGA today! Good Grief! Today's performance is on the ENTIRE coaching staff! Not just talking about the lost but the PERFORMANCE as a whole! Besides that 1st Offensive series!

I said earlier in the season that the coaching staff was failing and I got attacked on this site. People say you are not a "true fan" if you have anything negative to say about how the season is going. CGM has not earned his raise and I think was bailed out a lot by Cam Newton last year. I know our talent is young, but we are still an SEC team who recruits very good talent. We should not be getting blown out by UGA and we should not be struggling against Utah State and FL Atlantic. The type of offense we are running requires a QB who can take off, and CM and Trotter do not have that ability. We lack an identity on offense.

I said earlier in the season that the coaching staff was failing and I got attacked on this site. People say you are not a "true fan" if you have anything negative to say about how the season is going. CGM has not earned his raise and I think was bailed out a lot by Cam Newton last year. I know our talent is young, but we are still an SEC team who recruits very good talent. We should not be getting blown out by UGA and we should not be struggling against Utah State and FL Atlantic. The type of offense we are running requires a QB who can take off, and CM and Trotter do not have that ability. We lack an identity on offense.

I've thought all season long that the coaching staff should be ahsamed of themselves for what they're doing to our kids this year. What they're teaching these young kids is that, no matter how hard they work, they can never win in the SEC. They can't even stay on the field with any decent team.

That's going to be almost impossible to unlearn.

These coaches KNEW this team wasn't prepared when the season opened. They had to know all summer this team couldn't tackle, couldn't block, couldn't cover a pass, yet obviously did nothing to get them ready for an SEC season.

I've never seen any coaching staff at Auburn do such a pathetic job of getting a team ready for a season. How can they face those kids knowing they're sending them out to get slaughtered every week all because they were too lazy to get off their butts last spring and summer to teach them?

You may be right. I know i got flack about a posting on Roof...but I didn't see the huge issue that we now have with the offense! The challenges of the offense has totally taken my by surprise this year. Of course i knew we would not be high powered offense like last year but certainly didn't think we would be this bad on offense with all the "weapons" we are suppose to have??!!

One poster talked about why we have Reed...& what has happend to Stallworth...??? they are right! Stallworth had a nice showing in the first two games and has gone ghost..is he still on the team?? and we are not using Reed in the way that we should. Reminds me of my fav. NFL team...the Dallas Cowboys...all that talent and constantly under perform!

I hope this year is the worst of what we will see when it comes to this team...b/c they are so much better than what has been play out on the field. I'm curious to what CGC will say.....

I've thought all season long that the coaching staff should be ahsamed of themselves for what they're doing to our kids this year. What they're teaching these young kids is that, no matter how hard they work, they can never win in the SEC. They can't even stay on the field with any decent team.

These coaches KNEW this team wasn't prepared when the season opened. They had to know all summer this team couldn't tackle, couldn't block, couldn't cover a pass, yet obviously did nothing to get them ready for an SEC season.

I've never seen any coaching staff at Auburn do such a pathetic job of getting a team ready for a season. How can they face those kids knowing they're sending them out to get slaughtered every week all because they were too lazy to get off their butts last spring and summer to teach them?

C'mon, guys, these last two comments are getting a little overboard and harsh. Yes, the coaching has not been the greatest this year and the Georgia game is the glaring example. Remember, this is a team that was supposed to finish 4-8 and they've already won six games.

That having been said, what's disturbing to me is that the team appears to be getting worse as the season progresses, not better. If the problem were youth, it would seem that the team should improve as the season goes along. That's not happening.

C'mon, guys, these last two comments are getting a little overboard and harsh. Yes, the coaching has not been the greatest this year and the Georgia game is the glaring example. Remember, this is a team that was supposed to finish 4-8 and they've already won six games.

That having been said, what's disturbing to me is that the team appears to be getting worse as the season progresses, not better. If the problem were youth, it would seem that the team should improve as the season goes along. That's not happening.

Harsh?? Hmmm not sure about that. If you are the 2010 NC...the blame will be going somewhere..and it's likely to go to the coaching staff. The SEC is nothing new to Auburn....Coaches and players know the deal of the SEC when they agree to work for and/or sign to play with an SEC school. They know the expectations...it's not so much about who we lost to this year regarding the record but's it's about "how" we are losing against top SEC schools. If Auburn wants to call itself one of the top football programs each year and be mentioned with our rival Bama, LSU, OU, Oregon each year...there is no excuse for the effort we have seen in games this year.

I'm not saying fire everybody but it's obvious that something has to be done.

What's disturbing to me is that the team appears to be getting worse as the season progresses, not better. If the problem were youth, it would seem that the team should improve as the season goes along. That's not happening.

Yes, thi is disturbing. I got the feeling today that our kids went into this game having fully learned the lesson our coaches have been teaching them; that they are incapableo f even staying on the field with any decent SEC team. The lesson they're learning this year will be very hard to unlearn.

2009's team came within a hair of winning several games. this team has done just the opposite; come within a hair of losing to bad teams and gotten blown out by every good team they've played. They're not learning how to win, theyr'e learning how to lose.

and frankly I'm tired of hearing about how they were supposed to win only 3 or 4 games. Only the most ardent Auburn haters were saying that. Most people were sying this team should win 8 to 10 games. Even Sheridan said they should win 9. And that was within reach, based on the talent level.

I'm sorry but this season has turned into a debacle. And it's the fault of the coaching staff and their failures go back to the spring and extend through summer and up until now. It's not just the play calling, it's the fact that these coaches wasted spring and summer practice and horribly failed to prepared this team for the season.

What's disturbing to me is that the team appears to be getting worse as the season progresses, not better. If the problem were youth, it would seem that the team should improve as the season goes along. That's not happening.

Yes, thi is disturbing. I got the feeling today that our kids went into this game having fully learned the lesson our coaches have been teaching them; that they are incapableo f even staying on the field with any decent SEC team. The lesson they're learning this year will be very hard to unlearn.

2009's team came within a hair of winning several games. this team has done just the opposite; come within a hair of losing to bad teams and gotten blown out by every good team they've played. They're not learning how to win, theyr'e learning how to lose.

and frankly I'm tired of hearing about how they were supposed to win only 3 or 4 games. Only the most ardent Auburn haters were saying that. Most people were sying this team should win 8 to 10 games. Even Sheridan said they should win 9. And that was within reach, based on the talent level.

I'm sorry but this season has turned into a debacle. And it's the fault of the coaching staff and their failures go back to the spring and extend through summer and up until now. It's not just the play calling, it's the fact that these coaches wasted spring and summer practice and horribly failed to prepared this team for the season.

Now hold on: Just like the other odds makers, Sheridan had Auburn the underdog in 8 of 12 games. He then came on Finebomb and made some wisecrack about winning nine, but his money was on 4-8.

Please tell us how you know what the coaches were doing during spring and summer practice. I agree that our coaching has been sub-par in several games and I am disappointed with that, but I have a hard time believing that the coaches don't know how to practice the players. We won as the underdog vs. MSU, SCar, and UF (I think). I would love to hear more about the way our coaches practice the players.

Wow. I agree that 1st half was one of the worst efforts I have seen from AU in a long time, but some of the comments on here are ridiculous. Let Ole Miss have Malzahn?? We have one of the youngest teams in the country and one of the most difficult schedules. We will get to a bowl, get the extra practice time, and end with 8 wins. Anybody who expected more wasn't very realistic.

War Eagle!

Archived