What about Travis Ford as new head coach?

BHDAU1

He would be a great coach for us.  He probably wants to be coaching in the SEC and he is a young gun full of energy and has already proven himself as a head coach.  He would be a good recruiter and as long as we pay him good money he would probably stay as long as we wanted him as long as UK didnt come calling for him. If he was our coach I guarantee we would have a better disciplined basketball team that actually ran offensive sets AND SHOOTS FREE THROWS WELL!!!  Wow wouldnt that be something, to watch a AU b-ball team that shot well at the line!  He has shown he is a great recruiter as well. By year 2 we would have an ideal looking (in appearance at a minimum) basketball team.  No more small ball every year! After I considered all the names being thrown around he stands out to me as someone we actually would have a good chance to get and for a reasonable amount of money.  Being realistic, a lot of names that people are mentioning as candidates are way too far fetched.  We arent getting Donovan or anyone else of his national stature to come to Auburn unless you break the bank and even then its doubtful.  We all know that AU isnt going to break the bank for a basketball coach anyway. I grew up a UK fan and Travis Ford is the kind of guy you would want running AU's b-ball program and as the spokesman for Auburn away from the court.  I think it would be a slam dunk.  What do you all think?

Rather have Mike Anderson, but I would not complain about Ford. Doubt he would leave OK st. after 2 years though. I haven't really heard enough about him to form a real solid opinion.

I agree we need a coach that preaches free throw shooting.  Auburn has left a lot of points out there that could have given Auburn a lot more wins for Lebo.  If they shot better from the line during his tenure, we might not be trying to get rid of Lebo right now.

Swest, I think youre right in most cases regarding pulling a coach from a more successful program but not in this case.  Ford played in the SEC and I truly believe that he would take the offer if given to come back to the SEC.  I would bet his ultimate goal is to coach at UK and he knows that chance isnt coming anytime soon after he missed out on UK's last coaching change when they went with Calipari.  Coaching in the SEC would make him more visible and I believe he is confident enough in himself to take on the challenge of rebuilding AU into a contender.  I think he is a real possibility if the AU position becomes open and they go after him.

He would be a great coach for us.  He probably wants to be coaching in the SEC and he is a young gun full of energy and has already proven himself as a head coach.  He would be a good recruiter and as long as we pay him good money he would probably stay as long as we wanted him as long as UK didnt come calling for him. If he was our coach I guarantee we would have a better disciplined basketball team that actually ran offensive sets AND SHOOTS FREE THROWS WELL!!!  Wow wouldnt that be something, to watch a AU b-ball team that shot well at the line!  He has shown he is a great recruiter as well. By year 2 we would have an ideal looking (in appearance at a minimum) basketball team.  No more small ball every year! After I considered all the names being thrown around he stands out to me as someone we actually would have a good chance to get and for a reasonable amount of money.  Being realistic, a lot of names that people are mentioning as candidates are way too far fetched.  We arent getting Donovan or anyone else of his national stature to come to Auburn unless you break the bank and even then its doubtful.  We all know that AU isnt going to break the bank for a basketball coach anyway. I grew up a UK fan and Travis Ford is the kind of guy you would want running AU's b-ball program and as the spokesman for Auburn away from the court.  I think it would be a slam dunk.  What do you all think?

Travis Ford would be a Very Nice hire indeed...

I dont get it proper foot and shoulder alighnment and free throws arent that hard. I havent played in 20plus years and I could shoot better. We have lost some close SEC games and I think we are talented

• 2 weeks later...

Travis Ford, Mike Anderson, Chuck Person, Bozo The Clown, MiniMe, E-Trade Baby- anybody but Lebo. Enough is enough already!

Archived