2nd year improvement foreseen

walker77

As a general rule, the 2nd year of a new coaching staff shows marked improvement over the first year as the players become more comfortable playing in a new system. 2010 will be an exciting year for AU!  javascript:void(0); I look forward to closing out NSD strong, A-day, and the coming season...and in discussing these issues with you.

Back on topic and thanks for the directions.   ;D

My son played DE for our high school team which just finished their 2nd season of having a football program. Only 2 of the kids had ever played a game at the beginning of spring training the first season (2008), and we ended up struggling against good competition. However, in 2009, a major jump occurred after only losing 2 seniors with the team going 11-2 and making it all the way to the state semi-finals.

I understand there is a big jump from high school to college. But as an example, same pattern was seen in Saban's 2nd year. Everything points to us being a major player again, sooner rather than later.

Major key: Experienced O-line and much better overall depth.

Back on topic and thanks for the directions.   ;D

My son played DE for our high school team which just finished their 2nd season of having a football program. Only 2 of the kids had ever played a game at the beginning of spring training the first season (2008), and we ended up struggling against good competition. However, in 2009, a major jump occurred after only losing 2 seniors with the team going 11-2 and making it all the way to the state semi-finals.

I understand there is a big jump from high school to college. But as an example, same pattern was seen in Saban's 2nd year. Everything points to us being a major player again, sooner rather than later.

Major key: Experienced O-line and much better overall depth.

FWIW I think our defense will improve to between 15 and 25 nationally. I think our offense moves up into the top ten nationally. Our special team will improve markedly with the introduction of this recruiting class. This was where we were last year.

http://web1.ncaa.org/football/exec/rankingSummary?year=2009&org=37

I do not know where that will put us. I do know we can win every game on the schedule. The schedule is favorable. Our team is also young. We may slip some just from that.

Jason's Dad said it first and I agree.

2-3 years for the NC

Bama will be looking at our tails lights as they bounce down the road having run them over for the third time in a row :happydance:

Archived