Marcus,....don't let the future haunt you!!!

kreagle

Somewhere in the last few weeks or so I mentioned this and feel the need to mention it again. I really wish that Marcus could somehow get hold of this and let it sink in before he makes his final choice. In reality this might be a mute point, in that I already think Marcus is a very bright young man and has already given this angle plenty of thought already. My point is,...."Marcus, don't let the future haunt you in wondering what your future could have really been if and only if you had chosen Auburn instead of South Carolina!" If we turn the clock back several years ago a very bright and equally talented running back chose Florida when his heart and soul was with Auburn and then coach Pat Dye. His name was Emmitt Smith. Now everyone knows how that story went. He had a very good, but not great, college career but then was blessed to be drafted by the Dallas Cowboys going on to set many pro records along with Super Bowl ring(s). One might say, well he was certainly more than successful and no one would disagree with that. But for those who really know Emmitt, he still regrets to this day that he didn't go against the wishes of some and go where his heart was telling him to go and that was Auburn!!! He is still convinced that the decision to not go to Auburn cost him the Heisman Trophy and also a collegiate National Championship at Auburn.

He was in love with Pat Dye's system and the Auburn tradition of running the ball and knew he would be able to put all the pieces together, but he was going to have to go against the wishes of some special people in his life. Yes, Emmitt Smith has a very, very impressive collection of trophies, rings, honors and accolades,....but he knows in his heart, and many others do too, that his collection should have included the honors that I mentioned above. You see, this is what happens when you take the type talent that you have, my young friend, and make the right decisions that your heart is telling you to make. We all understand your feelings towards South Carolina, your home,.....make the right decision,....call Emmitt if you want!!!,....He'll support what I've said here! May God Bless You!  :wareagle:

Geeez....After reading that I'm ready to sign up myself (and I'm 57 years old!). Great post! Hopefully somebody, somewhere will get this to him or point it out to him.

For that matter, your post ought to go to all those riding the fence right now about coming to Auburn. Don't see your sentiment as something confined to just running backs.

:wareagle:

Somewhere in the last few weeks or so I mentioned this and feel the need to mention it again. I really wish that Marcus could somehow get hold of this and let it sink in before he makes his final choice. In reality this might be a mute point, in that I already think Marcus is a very bright young man and has already given this angle plenty of thought already. My point is,...."Marcus, don't let the future haunt you in wondering what your future could have really been if and only if you had chosen Auburn instead of South Carolina!" If we turn the clock back several years ago a very bright and equally talented running back chose Florida when his heart and soul was with Auburn and then coach Pat Dye. His name was Emmitt Smith. Now everyone knows how that story went. He had a very good, but not great, college career but then was blessed to be drafted by the Dallas Cowboys going on to set many pro records along with Super Bowl ring(s). One might say, well he was certainly more than successful and no one would disagree with that. But for those who really know Emmitt, he still regrets to this day that he didn't go against the wishes of some and go where his heart was telling him to go and that was Auburn!!! He is still convinced that the decision to not go to Auburn cost him the Heisman Trophy and also a collegiate National Championship at Auburn.

He was in love with Pat Dye's system and the Auburn tradition of running the ball and knew he would be able to put all the pieces together, but he was going to have to go against the wishes of some special people in his life. Yes, Emmitt Smith has a very, very impressive collection of trophies, rings, honors and accolades,....but he knows in his heart, and many others do too, that his collection should have included the honors that I mentioned above. You see, this is what happens when you take the type talent that you have, my young friend, and make the right decisions that your heart is telling you to make. We all understand your feelings towards South Carolina, your home,.....make the right decision,....call Emmitt if you want!!!,....He'll support what I've said here! May God Bless You!   :wareagle:

I have never heard this. Surprising, would not have thought it.

After reading several posts from USCe fans on various(TD, CockyTalk, TS) websites, I can't help but wonder if we sound as delusional as them.....I certainly hope not!

Archived