ATLANTA BRAVES THREAD!

Ronald McDonald

Dodgers are putting Kershaw on the hill again tonight after throwing 124 pitches on Thursday. He's never pitched on short rest before in his career. Hopefully this works out in the Braves favor.

Dodgers are putting Kershaw on the hill again tonight after throwing 124 pitches on Thursday. He's never pitched on short rest before in his career. Hopefully this works out in the Braves favor.

We should be patient,have good AB's in the early innings and build up his pitch count.Then we can touch him up around the fourth or fifth inning.

They are hoping to get three or four innings out of him and turn it over to their bullpen. It has done quite well in this series. It's time for the Braves offense to show up and go crazy tonight.

Uggla was left off the playoff roster....

He was left off the NLDS roster. That does not mean that they can't put him back on should they advance to the NLCS.

Yep

He is very popular with the players. It was a good move for the Braves to allow him to dress and be in the dugout but I still think it affected some of the guys knowing Uggla can't play.

We should be patient,have good AB's in the early innings and build up his pitch count.Then we can touch him up around the fourth or fifth inning.

Braves are not a patient hitting team

Braves are not a patient hitting team

So true.....They just cant swing into a lot of outs early in the count..but I guess that's what patient hitting is LOL,,

At least AU can get 100% of my focus now...Bravos are done, Falcons stink; Saturday's are all I can look forward to sports wise...

It was a good season and they have a lot to be proud of and to build upon next season. With Huddie and McCann's $ (and I think a few other busts) coming off the payroll maybe the Braves can go out and get an Ace, a true #1. Not sure who would be available but gotta make some changes to that roster to get over this hump.

At least AU can get 100% of my focus now...Bravos are done, Falcons stink; Saturday's are all I can look forward to sports wise...

It was a good season and they have a lot to be proud of and to build upon next season. With Huddie and McCann's $ (and I think a few other busts) coming off the payroll maybe the Braves can go out and get an Ace, a true #1. Not sure who would be available but gotta make some changes to that roster to get over this hump.

Too add onto this... Julio looks like hes done for the season.

Good year for the Braves.I still don't know how they won 96 games with Uggla and BJ playing so badly.Not to mention all of the injuries we went through.They were just a scrappy team with a lot of heart.

Well I hate to see these guys go if they do. I think for certain that McCann goes but it would be nice to see Hudson come back and make some additional contributions for he Braves.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sounds like there's a good chance that Hudson is back with Atlanta next year. Hopefully McCann will not be. I think it's unlikely the Braves can find another team willing to pay $6 million of Uggla's owed $26 million, as Mark Bowman reported.

And speaking of a true #1 starter, I read an article a couple weeks ago about the possibility of David Price to Atlanta.

Sounds like there's a good chance that Hudson is back with Atlanta next year. Hopefully McCann will not be. I think it's unlikely the Braves can find another team willing to pay $6 million of Uggla's owed $26 million, as Mark Bowman reported.

And speaking of a true #1 starter, I read an article a couple weeks ago about the possibility of David Price to Atlanta.

Very doubtful McCann will be back, too much money. I can see them bringing back Huddy for another year, we'll see.

Price is out there and I think they can make the money work, too. Man, we could use a #1 to go with Minor, Teheran, Medlin and Beachy (maybe Huddy). You are talking about a solid line-up as, hopefully, these young arms can continue to get better.

There are rumors of the Braves trading Uggla and a top prospect for Brandon Phillips. When I first heard about this I absolutely loved the idea because Phillips is a beast both in the infield and behind the plate but the more I've looked into it it sounds like he's not very well liked or respected in his own dugout. The Braves usually shy away from guys like that. However if we could deal for him knowing that he'd fit in (personality-wise) that would be a huge lift.

There are rumors of the Braves trading Uggla and a top prospect for Brandon Phillips. When I first heard about this I absolutely loved the idea because Phillips is a beast both in the infield and behind the plate but the more I've looked into it it sounds like he's not very well liked or respected in his own dugout. The Braves usually shy away from guys like that. However if we could deal for him knowing that he'd fit in (personality-wise) that would be a huge lift.

We need to move on from Uggla, Philips would be a huge asset to the Braves. And, they have a good record with 'questionable' players, remember Sheffield? We are one field position player and one pitcher from making a serious run.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

A few Braves Spring Training notes:

-Medlen left his last start with a strained forearm

-Freeman and Heyward have started the spring strong at the plate

-Ramero Pena has also started strong coming off of his injury last year; this is significant because I could see Uggla getting replaced by Pena pretty quickly if both players' respective trends continue

-On the mound, Freddy Garcia has struggled badly; Alex Wood is doing great; Teheran and Beachy are both pitching pretty solid.

-Bullpen numbers are hard to dissect with such small samples, but the Braves have great depth there and should have the best pen in the league this year

Medlen may have ligament damage in his elbow. Tommy John surgery is uncertain at this point but it looks likely he will, at minimum, miss a portion of the season. Big blow if this holds him out more than a month or so.

• 1 month later...

That was one hell of a game last night. To bad Santana pitched a good game not to come out the winner. back to back to back homers then lose the lead the next inning just to have Ug's hit a grand slam top of the 9th