TJ Yeldon

AuburnJbg1345162766

What does the AuburnEagle nation think is the precentage chance Yeldon is ours  

302 members have voted

1. 1. What does the AuburnEagle nation think is the precentage chance Yeldon is ours

• 10%
    • 25%
    • 50%
    • 75%
    • Saban might as well find somewhere else to sniff

I was as sold on yeldon to auburn as all of the mods, insiders, and coaches, but we were all lied too.  I honestly think Yeldon was never coming to Auburn, and was told to commit to us so we halt our searches for other elite running backs. One of the bama insiders on another board stated that Sunseri told him all along they would get Yeldon, and that he was "never going anywhere but Alabama."  I dont know if this is true, but it does make sense, as Saban knew of our need for Running backs in this class, and knew that TJ was our #1 priority. Could be crazy, but I dont see a kid visiting Alabama far more than he visited Auburn after he committed being that committed in the first place.  It was perfect timing to do it, just in time to boost their rectruiting, make ours look bad especially with no coordinators, and the day after the contact period ends.  Either way, this was a terrible way to end a terrible week for us message board folks, but as always, things will get better. We will rise up, and we will only sign kids who beleive in the auburn creed, as well as have some set of morals.  I and all of us should slow down our focus on kids we have never met and their every tweet, and start worrying about our own kids, siblings, and family, as it is the holidays. TJY will only be at one school for four years, (or now 2 as a failed Db), but these people will be in our lives forever. 

P.S. Dont be mad at the mods or insiders, They were told what our coaches were.  No one could have forseen this, except the people who planned it.

War Eagle everyone, and Happy Holidays.

:beatmullet:

(Cut and Paste issues...Tora says...)

GREAT post.  Deja vu Isaiah Crowell, Brent Calloway...at least with this one, we know lying up front.  Whatever else is hidden beneath it will be Bama's port-o-potty to empty.  A task for which Auburn is indeed NOT suited, for any Bama trolls lurking.

"What is done in the dark will eventually come to light.  What is done in the light need never fear the dark."

I posted on another thread, but think of this:  what did Cam do when the crap started flying?  He channeled his energy (no doubt laced with anger and frustration) into winning the Heisman, firing up the Tigers, and contributing hugely to our National Championship.  Although I tend to get uber-excited by the slam-Bammer threads that appear on various boards, I LIVE FOR THE DAY when the lurkers find nothing on Auburn Eagle to report, Auburn or T-town "melt-down" wise, because we have nothing crimson to discuss. 

Rather, we channel our passion into making Auburn the best it can be.  In doing so, we set ourselves up for a blessing that cannot be explained, leaving everyone scratching their heads.  Won't it be sweeeeet?  It takes a simple decision from each of us not to play along...

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's concerning to me is the coaches at Daphne were involved with the too.  But should have known, Michael Vickery the "recruiting co-ordinator" for DHS went to bama (walk-on). Head coach is his Dad, Glen Vickery likes those free-bees like tickets to games and such!

Maybe the universities should not be allowed to give out free stuff to high school coaches...sad what adults will do for small perks that make themselves feel important.

Haven't wanted a guy more than Yeldon since I've been following recruiting. Now, I don't think I could like this guy even if he switched back to us. Feel betrayed.

Very valid, Wiregrass.  It'll be okay.  The Auburn Family typically rises to the occasion under such circumstances.  Time for another dose of pulling together, folks!!!  I wouldn't wish last fall's onslaught on anyone (except maybe...) but we did pull together like never before.  We've lost that some, this past year; many AE posts demonstrate this.  Time for a review of what really matters...

THE AUBURN CREED

I believe that this is a practical world and that I can count only on what I earn. Therefore, I believe in work, hard work.

I believe in education, which gives me the knowledge to work wisely and trains my mind and my hands to work skillfully.

I believe in honesty and truthfulness, without which I cannot win the respect and confidence of my fellow men.

I believe in a sound mind, in a sound body and a spirit that is not afraid, and in clean sports that develop these qualities.

I believe in obedience to law because it protects the rights of all.

I believe in the human touch, which cultivates sympathy with my fellow men and mutual helpfulness and brings happiness for all.

I believe in my Country, because it is a land of freedom and because it is my own home, and that I can best serve that country by "doing justly, loving mercy, and walking humbly with my God."

And because Auburn men and women believe in these things, I believe in Auburn and love it.

-George Petrie (1945)

For the first time in years, I joined a gym in early December.  I've always been a walker, but I feel MEAN in that gym.  News like this makes me feel even meaner.  And channeling that energy into becoming the best I can be is SWEET.   >:(

Just noticed that phrase in the Creed..."CLEAN SPORTS".

Cheaters only appear to win.  They, too, are on a leash.

ALL IN!

This is info from a guy in the know down in Mobile, and he's always pretty accurate. TIFWIW......

"First of all, let's knock out some misconceptions right off the bat.

1. TJ is not an AU fan.. he grew up a BAMA fan.

2. TJ's parents were never "AU'll in" or pushing him to AU. They backed their son in the decision he made and advised him along the way. (Also, his fathers employer had no bearing on TJ's choice.. that is ludicrous.) TJ's dad attended 3 BAMA games this year.(one of which was in Gville)

Now on to his recruitment.. After TJ's 10th grade yr playoff victory over Opelika, Trooper and Luper were waiting on TJ at Daphne high the next day. They have been all over TJ since then and did an excellent job recruiting him. We on the other hand, started out slow. We evaluated him last summer as a safety and this was not what he was wanting to hear. He committed to AU. AU even went as far as working with Daphne on their offense. Even though things looked bleak, our staff saw his potential at RB soon after the start of his Senior year. They never backed off and continued to make him a priority. It's kinda like in sales when someone else has a contract you want, they won't switch to you, so you stay in good standing, keep courting them and hope the other guy pisses them off or drops the ball. Well this is a part of why TJ is going to be at BAMA. AU's inept offense, the exit of Malzahn and the blundered recruitment of TJ led to him flipping to Bama. Luper was TJ's lead recruiter and dropped the ball in his recruitment. In a matter of weeks, Luper managed to blow the lead AU had worked for over two and a half years. He was caught in a lie, when asked if he interviewed for another job(UAB I believe) and made a crucial mistake in some statements he made to TJ and his family. He (without going into too many details) promised TJ something that was at the expense of someone else at AU. TJ's family felt if he would do this to the other kid he was not trustworthy and would do the same to TJ. All of this coupled with the fact that Bama made so much sense led to the flip. The timing was planned as well. It has been decided for some time but he chose to wait until the dead period for obvious reasons.

Other tidbits.. TJ's father stated that some of the players at the AL/MS all-star game mentioned that they wanted to play together and form a (i know it lame and over used but it would be true) "dream team". < > He said supposedly Winston, Taylor and the big defensive end from MS (I'm assuming this is Channing Ward)was going to sign with BAMA with TJ. Taylor met with Saban. Saban told him they wanted him, they would take him, but they aren't going to beg him.. FSU is doing some begging.(should know more on Taylor possibly tomorrow). The ball is in Taylor's court (TJ was at Taylor house today so I imagine he is in his ear for Bama). Two of the Dominos has fallen (Yeldon, Taylor). I believe that Winston comes as well, as for Ward(I assume thats who he was speaking of), that would be a shocker for me but I'm not going to doubt him."

There you have it....

I would absolutely love it if TJ flipped back to Auburn just to see some Fans eat their words.  Not to mention we'd be getting an excellent player. 

I would absolutely love it if TJ flipped back to Auburn just to see some Fans eat their words.  Not to mention we'd be getting an excellent player. 

The chances have to be somewhere near 0 I'd think.

Why you want to tease us like this Smurph? Don't you know it's been a long day, week, month???

Is that some kind of vendetta, for having to "eat your words" on a 20 page thread that read "Stoops to be announced later tonight or in the morning?"

my question in all of this is...When did he inform the coaches?  If he informed them the same day the news broke, right before the dead period...then this has sabenotage written all over it.  Look fellas, he visits Bama and says "Solid to AU"; and we lose Gus and he says "Solid as of Dec 15".  So what changed from the 15th to the 17th? The only thing changed was that he left AU right as they could not contact him before he signed.  Just like BC from last year where he was basically exported and held in confindment so the coaches could not have a chance to talk to him before he signed.  It looks like to me we are being set up... or am I just being paranoid? 

This is info from a guy in the know down in Mobile, and he's always pretty accurate. TIFWIW......

2. TJ's parents were never "AU'll in" or pushing him to AU. They backed their son in the decision he made and advised him along the way. (Also, his fathers employer had no bearing on TJ's choice.. that is ludicrous.) TJ's dad attended 3 BAMA games this year.(one of which was in Gville)

Now on to his recruitment.. After TJ's 10th grade yr playoff victory over Opelika, Trooper and Luper were waiting on TJ at Daphne high the next day. They have been all over TJ since then and did an excellent job recruiting him. We on the other hand, started out slow. We evaluated him last summer as a safety and this was not what he was wanting to hear. He committed to AU. AU even went as far as working with Daphne on their offense. Even though things looked bleak, our staff saw his potential at RB soon after the start of his Senior year. They never backed off and continued to make him a priority. It's kinda like in sales when someone else has a contract you want, they won't switch to you, so you stay in good standing, keep courting them and hope the other guy pisses them off or drops the ball. Well this is a part of why TJ is going to be at BAMA. AU's inept offense, the exit of Malzahn and the blundered recruitment of TJ led to him flipping to Bama. Luper was TJ's lead recruiter and dropped the ball in his recruitment. In a matter of weeks, Luper managed to blow the lead AU had worked for over two and a half years. He was caught in a lie, when asked if he interviewed for another job(UAB I believe) and made a crucial mistake in some statements he made to TJ and his family. He (without going into too many details) promised TJ something that was at the expense of someone else at AU. TJ's family felt if he would do this to the other kid he was not trustworthy and would do the same to TJ. All of this coupled with the fact that Bama made so much sense led to the flip. The timing was planned as well. It has been decided for some time but he chose to wait until the dead period for obvious reasons.

Other tidbits.. TJ's father stated that some of the players at the AL/MS all-star game mentioned that they wanted to play together and form a (i know it lame and over used but it would be true) "dream team". < > He said supposedly Winston, Taylor and the big defensive end from MS (I'm assuming this is Channing Ward)was going to sign with BAMA with TJ. Taylor met with Saban. Saban told him they wanted him, they would take him, but they aren't going to beg him.. FSU is doing some begging.(should know more on Taylor possibly tomorrow). The ball is in Taylor's court (TJ was at Taylor house today so I imagine he is in his ear for Bama). Two of the Dominos has fallen (Yeldon, Taylor). I believe that Winston comes as well, as for Ward(I assume thats who he was speaking of), that would be a shocker for me but I'm not going to doubt him."

There you have it....

This is like the third time I've seen this post...and from three different people.  Does everyone have the same "friend" In the know" in Mobile?  :dunno:

I started another thread.  42-14, combined with the timing of the coaching uncertainty, could explain everything.  Maybe he just settled his mind at the last minute.  I don't like the 100% Auburn business, but understandable from a HS kid.

There you have it....

Thanks for that info. I remember another parent making comments about Luper.

my question in all of this is...When did he inform the coaches?  If he informed them the same day the news broke, right before the dead period...then this has sabenotage written all over it.  Look fellas, he visits Bama and says "Solid to AU"; and we lose Gus and he says "Solid as of Dec 15".  So what changed from the 15th to the 17th? The only thing changed was that he left AU right as they could not contact him before he signed.  Just like BC from last year where he was basically exported and held in confindment so the coaches could not have a chance to talk to him before he signed.  It looks like to me we are being set up... or am I just being paranoid? 

That's the way bammer rolls. I still don't see how the NCAA can just look past Calloway being taken to a secluded location to keep Auburn from talking to him.

It's like if the Mafia called the police and said, "Can you guys hold off on your raid of our headquarters so we can move our drugs and cash to a new location?"

And the police saying, "Sure no problem."

It baffles the mind.

TW2 that makes more sense than anything that I have heard so far. Thank you for that information. Now, what changes is AU going to make so that this does not happen again?

As I have stated in a previous post, flipping from one school to another is almost a yearly thing. It's happened for AU, and it's happened against AU. Some of the posts on here about our having a 7-5 record and being manhandled in the Iron Bowl, along with Gus leaving, may be hitting the nail on the head more than we want to believe. BUT, I will believe in all my heart and soul that Yeldon's waiting until the last minute before the dead period was orchestrated by someone, and I believe that road leads to the athletic complex at UA. Do I have proof of this? No, I don't. How can this kid and his parents sleep at night after telling CGC last week that he was still "All In," even after his OV to Tuscaloosa last weekend? I also wonder what role did the HS coach serve in this matter. Is he a Bama alum, or supporter, or is he neutral and just did what the Yeldons requested of him to do? I think AU's winning the 2010 national championship has brought out the very worst in Bama. I believe they are absolutely obsessed with making sure AU doesn't do this again. Don't you remember when Nicky was hired he stated that he wanted to take control of the Iron Bowl and this state? I believe the war is on---the question is, will AU fight back, or will AU do what it's done over the last 50 years and just turn the other cheek?

It sucks and I hate to lose this kid and I don't know it My be dirty. To be honest I'm not going to read 150 pages to see if someone that I trusts posts the inside scoop. Of the things I have read nothing makes as much sense as this neither team have a coordinator but you know for a fact what Alabama will run next year the same pro style grind it out That they will always have with Savannah because he believes in taking  few chances with the ball and letting your defense win it. I don't think anyone knows where we are going on offense. It'd be hard pressed to start school in January for the purpose of playing football to not know who you will play for Alabama is the safer choice as their direction is easier to guess. Not a criticism at all but right now would be an excellent time for those plans for when a coach leaves to start coming to life.

Bottom line is bammer smelled blood in the water when our coordinators left and went in for the kill. They used the excuse of uncertainty to this kid and the stable environment of bammer's program to sway him. That's what recruiters are paid to do, get the best athletes to commit.

Archived