TJ Yeldon

AuburnJbg1345162766

What does the AuburnEagle nation think is the precentage chance Yeldon is ours  

302 members have voted

1. 1. What does the AuburnEagle nation think is the precentage chance Yeldon is ours

• 10%
    • 25%
    • 50%
    • 75%
    • Saban might as well find somewhere else to sniff

It's up to Jovon Robinson and Zeke Pike to talk some sense into him.

I am sure that the staff will speak with him after the holidays, but I think that this ship needs to pass.  Wish him the best.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well if TJ was bammer all along and was playing along with bama and lying to AU on purpose then that say lots about his character to be manipulated. And if TJ parents were OK with TJ lying to AU then that is teaching poor character traits. IF this is the case I don't want a player with a weak character and can't stand on his own feet and make decisions for himself or his family. Maybe this is for the best, I have no problems with TJ leaving.

Funny what money will make a person do. BTW, bammer is full of players with weak character and they're in the BCS National title game.

Anybody in the area that has some free time?  I used to work for a PI back in the day.  Find out where the kid lives, get pics of him driving cars or at stores buying things.  Proves he's spending cash, puts the burden of proof on them to prove where it came from.

OMG stop with this stuff.

Some adults really need to take a hard look in the mirror.

"That's why AU's in the shape they're in now"

Some folks must have slept through last season.  Won a BCS with a freshman and a soph RB and contrary to this assertion, our current RBs are not a bunch of 3*s.    

IMO, the comments on this site from too many people claiming to be AU fans makes the bammers seem like genius's by comparison.     They NEVER attack their own coaches or their own school whereas  people on most AUburn sites are eager to make disparaging comments about our players and our coaches.   What's with you people?  :banghead:

"That's why AU's in the shape they're in now"

Some folks must have slept through last season.  Won a BCS with a freshman and a soph RB and contrary to this assertion, our current RBs are not a bunch of 3*s.    

IMO, the comments on this site from too many people claiming to be AU fans makes the bammers seem like genius's by comparison.     They NEVER attack their own coaches or their own school whereas  people on most AUburn sites are eager to make disparaging comments about our players and our coaches.   What's with you people?  :banghead:

Yes they do. And they make death threats. They also throw bricks.

What's done is done. TJ Yeldon and his family lied to the AU coaches when they visited this past Tuesday when he supposedly re-affirmed his commitment to AU. I for one feel that TJ and his parents should be held accountable for what they did---not for his switch, but for the lies he told CGC and others about his commitment to AU and was going to enroll in AU in January. One poster on here said that Yeldon's father works for a AU booster. Since Alabama is an "at will" state, maybe Mr. Yeldon might find himself in the unemployment line. One hope that I have---and it's a faint hope at best---is that the media, nationally and locally---would view the way this switch was handled and agree with us that this was orchestrated to be done right before dead period so that our coaches couldn't try to talk to him or even go visit other RB recruits. How many times do we have to remind everyone what Nick Saban has said about recruiting and commitments in the past---when one is committed, that should be respected. Apparently, and this comes as no surprise, Nick Saban doesn't respect when a player commits to someone other than Bama. That's why so many of us consider him to be slime (there are countless other reasons, though).

I would bet money that Mr. Yeldon already has a higher paying job.

That would not surprise me at all.

Well, I agree with those who feel if he doesn't tripe want to be at Auburn, then good riddance. I feel he has shown his true character. If he will lie to you and stab you in the back now, trust me, he will do it later in life.

I can't put the blame on Luper.  This kid obviously has no class and is not willing to honor his commitment.  He obviously was banking on playing in Gus's offense and since Gus is leaving he felt he didn't have to honor his commitment.  We don't need him and we definitely do not need this kind of person on our team.  

Luper dropped the ball on this one.

Big time.

What was he supposed to do?  If the kid says he's still committed, you take him at his word.

This is info from a guy in the know down in Mobile, and he's always pretty accurate. TIFWIW......

"First of all, let's knock out some misconceptions right off the bat.

1. TJ is not an AU fan.. he grew up a BAMA fan.

2. TJ's parents were never "AU'll in" or pushing him to AU. They backed their son in the decision he made and advised him along the way. (Also, his fathers employer had no bearing on TJ's choice.. that is ludicrous.) TJ's dad attended 3 BAMA games this year.(one of which was in Gville)

Now on to his recruitment.. After TJ's 10th grade yr playoff victory over Opelika, Trooper and Luper were waiting on TJ at Daphne high the next day. They have been all over TJ since then and did an excellent job recruiting him. We on the other hand, started out slow. We evaluated him last summer as a safety and this was not what he was wanting to hear. He committed to AU. AU even went as far as working with Daphne on their offense. Even though things looked bleak, our staff saw his potential at RB soon after the start of his Senior year. They never backed off and continued to make him a priority. It's kinda like in sales when someone else has a contract you want, they won't switch to you, so you stay in good standing, keep courting them and hope the other guy pisses them off or drops the ball. Well this is a part of why TJ is going to be at BAMA. AU's inept offense, the exit of Malzahn and the blundered recruitment of TJ led to him flipping to Bama. Luper was TJ's lead recruiter and dropped the ball in his recruitment. In a matter of weeks, Luper managed to blow the lead AU had worked for over two and a half years. He was caught in a lie, when asked if he interviewed for another job(UAB I believe) and made a crucial mistake in some statements he made to TJ and his family. He (without going into too many details) promised TJ something that was at the expense of someone else at AU. TJ's family felt if he would do this to the other kid he was not trustworthy and would do the same to TJ. All of this coupled with the fact that Bama made so much sense led to the flip. The timing was planned as well. It has been decided for some time but he chose to wait until the dead period for obvious reasons.

Other tidbits.. TJ's father stated that some of the players at the AL/MS all-star game mentioned that they wanted to play together and form a (i know it lame and over used but it would be true) "dream team". < > He said supposedly Winston, Taylor and the big defensive end from MS (I'm assuming this is Channing Ward)was going to sign with BAMA with TJ. Taylor met with Saban. Saban told him they wanted him, they would take him, but they aren't going to beg him.. FSU is doing some begging.(should know more on Taylor possibly tomorrow). The ball is in Taylor's court (TJ was at Taylor house today so I imagine he is in his ear for Bama). Two of the Dominos has fallen (Yeldon, Taylor). I believe that Winston comes as well, as for Ward(I assume thats who he was speaking of), that would be a shocker for me but I'm not going to doubt him."

There you have it....

Definitely one of those nights where you remember the saying "if you have nothing nice to say...."

Really remembering why I hate getting into recruiting. This stuff drives you bonkers.

Really disappointed tonight, but I believe in Auburn and love it.

I know this its sure tough to sell a program when u have no idea who's goin to be Ur coach...chizik needs to hurry ..screw the bowl game  I don't give a Crap about that game..get to work on hiring our oc and dc..or atleast say something about the status of the hunt...we really look like a big joke

Archived