***Auburn vs. Georgia Post Game Thread*** (merged threads)

FHeal

:au: AUBURN 7

:uga: GEORGIA 34

B2iGq9uCIAABzyN.jpg

via @kyle_burger

HC Gus Malzahn

Malzahn: "Obviously, a disappointing loss. Congratulations to Georgia...they beat us in all three phases tonight."

Malzahn: "Defensively, we had trouble stopping the run. They wore us down in the third and fourth quarter."

Malzahn: "I think it's fair to say they won the line of scrimmage, and that's disappointing."

Malzahn: "We got beat decisively in the special teams area tonight. There's no doubt about that."

Malzahn on Auburn responding to adversity: "I think this is the first time that it didn't happen."

Malzahn: "We've got to be big boys. We got it handed to us tonight."

Malzahn: "While I'm here at Auburn, we're going to have high expectations...sometimes you're going to meet them, sometimes you're not."

Malzahn: "We got whipped tonight. We've got to take responsibility, learn from it, and bounce back...I expect these guys to bounce back."

@JFergusonAU

Auburn's Gus Malzahn: "Any time you get beat you're going to try to solve the issues moving forward."

Auburn's Gus Malzahn on season: "We're going to have high expectations. You're disappointed when you don't reach some of your goals."

@AUGoldMine

Capture.png

The 292 yards of offense is lowest by a Gus Malzahn-coached team since a loss to Nebraska at Arkansas State in 2012 (286 yards).

@bmarcello

Capture.png

Capture.png

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weak. Just weak minded, weak physically, weak in every way.

War Eagle anyway.

We held them under 40 but offense laid an egg. Just not a good game plan.

Guest jojo1515

Defensive coaches all need to fired effective 1 minute after the bama game. EJ needs to fired effective last year (and have to pay back his salary from this year due to fraud). D Craig needs to be moved to off field recruiter. If any of this D staff returns next year, I won't expect a bowl game

Give Richt credit. HE knows how to play this rivalry. Even when we've had the better team we typically scrape by. When they win, well....

Post game questions for reporters. 1. Do you feel like the team was ready to play? 2.) Whybhas the team regressed. 3.) Is there a lack of leadership

Give Richt credit. HE knows how to play this rivalry. Even when we've had the better team we typically scrape by. When they win, well....

Yeah I have that feeling for about 5 years now, concerning this rivalry. Hard to think about

We were soft all around tonight. Got pushed around and totally beat up. Time to have a players only meeting and for the team leaders to step up. Beating Updyke would still make a really nice season.

I am now of the opinion that staff changes have to be made on defense. At this point the complete defensive staff needs to turnover. We don't have any real defensive recruits at this point, so a change in defensive coaches could actually improve recruiting.

We were soft all around tonight. Got pushed around and totally beat up. Time to have a players only meeting and for the team leaders to step up. Beating Updyke would still make a really nice season.

I just dont think we have leaders.

Archived