Duke Williams dismissed

mustache eagle

WR Duke Williams has been dismissed from the Auburn football team.

@JayGTate

Williams was reportedly involved in an "off-the-field incident at a local nightclub during the weekend."

@YahooDrSaturday

“When individuals fail to meet the expectations of our program, there has to be consequences,” Auburn coach Gus Malzahn said. “I gave D’haquille the chance to prove himself. I am disappointed that it did not work out.”

Williams had only 12 catches for 147 yards and one touchdown through the first five games of the season. He entered the season a top-round draft prospect, but now his future is in doubt.

The senior had a history of off-the-field troubles before and after his arrival on the Plains in 2014. He was suspended for the Outback Bowl after violating unspecified team rules -- and after a photo of himself with a black eye was uncovered on Instagram.

Coaches suspended him again in August for more "discipline issues." He was allowed to return to practices six days later.

http://www.al.com/au...eiver_dhaq.html

11082511_656080817829186_2634269531236667863_n.jpg

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank GOD! Now we can start to see some progress. He was a cancer.

I just received an alert on my phone from AL.com stating Duke Williams has been dismissed. I don't know how to post pics from my phone so IDK how to get the screen shot on here.

Per jay Tate on Twitter ...

@JayGTate: @Gyp5yPrincess @WarBlogle Got in an off-the-field altercation … on a zero-tolerance policy.

sky bar?

basketball player?

- confirmed at AuburnTigers.com -

Auburn dismisses receiver Duke Williams

Oct. 5, 2015

11379839.jpeg

Auburn dismisses Duke Williams from the team in his second season

By Charles Goldberg

AuburnTigers.com

AUBURN, Ala. --- Auburn has dismissed receiver Duke Williams, coach Gus Malzahn announced Monday night.

"When individuals fail to meet the expectations of our program, there has to be consequences," Malzahn said. "I gave D’haquille the chance to prove himself. I am disappointed that it did not work out."

Williams had 12 catches for 147 yards and a touchdown in five games this season. He had 45 catches for 730 yards and five touchdowns last season after arriving as a junior college transfer. He was suspended before the Outback Bowl last season for a violation of team rules.

Auburn has an open date this week. The Tigers' next game is at Kentucky on a Thursday night, Oct. 15, on ESPN.

http://www.auburntig.../100515aae.html

Let's not pretend like we could throw when he was here. It's a shame Gus and Co convinced him to stay abd wreck his NFL chances though.

Let's not pretend like we could throw when he was here. It's a shame Gus and Co convinced him to stay abd wreck his NFL chances though.

No excuse for the way he played away from the catch. None! It's all on him!

Archived