Duke Williams dismissed

mustache eagle

And this is why players should never listen to coaches and take the money

You go from Barkley to Lattimore to this and on and on. Sammie was smart, Duke ****** up point blank period.

I'll hold the language back from here on out, but this season is every bit as bad as 2012 for me. One half decent offensive player, best receiver was a relative nonfactor (Emory stayed the season at least though), OL sucks, coaches suck, defense sucks, program somehow found a way to be severely worse than even the worst of expectations, etc.

Can we forfeit the rest of the games?

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe seeing a top tier player get kicked off the team will wake up some of these younger players. Too many bad things have happened to Auburn football players and students in the past 10 years to let a culture of thugery persist. Parents aren't and shouldn't let their children attend a program where players are getting in fights or worse outside the program. A lot of things have changed since I graduated in 04 in Auburn and unfortunately not for the best. I never saw players at Skybar or the Blue Room or whatever you want to call it. Players may have gone out but very rarely did you hear of problems like this team has faced in the past 5 years. The way this offense has sputtered I'm sure this is the last thing Gus wanted.

It's mighty telling that no one this side of Hades is surprised.

I was surprised that Gus actually dismissed him.

:dunno:

I wonder if Gus will bring Michael Dyer back?????

LOL

I should say I'm surprise, but also pleased for the team. Maybe there's some hope.

You go from Barkley to Lattimore to this and on and on. Sammie was smart, Duke ****** up point blank period.

I'll hold the language back from here on out, but this season is every bit as bad as 2012 for me. One half decent offensive player, best receiver was a relative nonfactor (Emory stayed the season at least though), OL sucks, coaches suck, defense sucks, program somehow found a way to be severely worse than even the worst of expectations, etc.

You can take a vacation.

Some coach somewhere will pick him up and let him play regardless of any of this because that's CFB now. "Kids misstepping" means a lot more than it used to since the dollars are so much more now. Just see Michael Dyer and what Gus himself took on with that idiot.

We don't know what he did to get suspended and now to be dismissed but you have to bet he got a lot of rope. Too bad he used it to hang himself. We can only pray he turns his life around.

Senior. Eligibility=exhausted.

Well, now the million dollar question is, what does this do the relationship between Gus and Coach Craig??? Duke was his boy. How does Coach Craig react to his guy being dismissed mid-season, essentially ruining his chances at a degree and the NFL (possibly)?

Personally, I'm glad Gus did this. I have no inside information, but from my observations, Duke was a cancer to this team. I watched him running around the field, avoiding contact, running sloppy routes, dropping routine passes, etc. The most telling action he made was in the SJSU game, when he recovered the onside kick. He sprinted to the sidelines, jumping and celebrating, but the entire time had this smart-ass grin on his face. Something didn't set well with me on that.

Oh well, I guess we'll see what happens from here. I hope it's not a complete self-destruction, and I hope Coach Craig is onboard with Gus.

If he doesn't get his degree it is on him. I'm pretty sure Auburn will honor his scholarship through the end of the school year.

Duke played like a man amongst boys running in the middle against Alabama. He should've caught a pass in the end zone but he still played well on that gimpy leg. I remember a lot of bammers talking about how special of a player he was while walking out the stadium.

What could have been.

Amen

Scott Griffin ‏@griffsz 1m1 minute ago

Malzahn: “When individuals fail to meet the expectations of our program, there has to be consequences."

If Gus said that then what is Gus' consequences for the piss poor job he has done since middle of last year? Pot meet that darn kettle!!!!!!!!

That is funny

I think these type of dismissal midseason with no type of arrest or "violation of team rules" tells you the type a cancer he was to the team. Gus is at risk of losing this team (if he has not completely lost them already). Hate to see a guy with that has that type of talent completely throw it away. Hate to say it but it feels like a weight lifted, honestly.

This is a very smart post.....you can also put trust of the team

I couldn't put "trust" (right this minute) because at this point it was something he had to do, not showing a "you better not cross Gus" mentality. Duke had chance upon chance and was still allowed to return to the team and evidently the "punishments" he went through were not enough to make him put forth effort on or off the field. I do applaud him for doing so though as Duke being a senior and with his ability (when he decided to use it), Gus could've easily overlooked it and kept him on the team. Just not ready to use the word trust yet,.

You can take a vacation.

A vacation to Mars and back wouldn't change anything, you give a guy 3 years and he somehow found a way to do a full 360 and lead us right back to the spot we were at before he was hired

Really bad for a kid that could have changed things for himself and his family. Unfortunately people make decisions sometimes that send you down the wrong road. I think he will regret this one day looking back, no matter his nfl future. Wish the best for him, but sadly glad he is gone.

Duke played like a man amongst boys running in the middle against Alabama. He should've caught a pass in the end zone but he still played well on that gimpy leg. I remember a lot of bammers talking about how special of a player he was while walking out the stadium.

What could have been.

Amen

Yup. On top of being talented, dude was a warrior when he wanted to be. That's why his play was so disappointing this year.

You can take a vacation.

A vacation to Mars and back wouldn't change anything, you give a guy 3 years and he somehow found a way to do a full 360 and lead us right back to the spot we were at before he was hired

Why don't ya give it a shot?

His scholly is good for the year if he wants to use it. I wish him the best.

Maybe his is an individual problem. But something seems fundamentally wrong with this team or so it seems.

If Duke had went to the nfl early he would have signed a decent contract, still done something stupid and squandered away everything.

Maybe getting cut and seeing his dream slipping away will cause him to get his crap together and get back on track and reach his goals.

What could have been.

Dude had all the potential in the world to be at least top 3 in this program's history. Wish he had a reliable passing game at some point (same goes for Sammie even though the game we had in 2013-2014 probably was better suited for him anyway)

Probably off topic, but anyone have the good ole dumpster fire picture? I'd say this season has officially hit that stage on October 5, 2015 @ 10:51 Eastern Time.

Well if this don't ligh a fire under the others, not sure what will.

Reportedly, this had nothing to do with his play, but an off campus incident after a known string of other incidents. The only guys it's liable to have much effect on are other guys with similar issues.

What could have been.

Amen

Yup. On top of being talented, dude was a warrior when he wanted to be. That's why his play was so disappointing this year.

But some here would have you believe it was the coaches fault for Duke not being a team player. Duke had his chance and chose his path.

Well if this don't ligh a fire under the others, not sure what will.

Reportedly, this had nothing to do with his play, but an off campus incident after a known string of other incidents. The only guys it's liable to have much effect on are other guys with similar issues.

The way I see it off field issues show up on the field in some form. So his shenanigans off the field makes a lot of sense when hearing and seeing his attitude with the team. Hopefully others will see it as a wake up call.

Really bad for a kid that could have changed things for himself and his family. Unfortunately people make decisions sometimes that send you down the wrong road. I think he will regret this one day looking back, no matter his nfl future. Wish the best for him, but sadly glad he is gone.

That is pretty much the way I look at it too. I see no need for people to keep bad mouthing the kid either. I wish the best for him in the NFL and I hope stays long enough to get his degree too.

Archived