Duke Williams dismissed

mustache eagle

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I seriously have no words right now.

I do! Thank you baby Jesus!

I'd be excited to get the ball too for the 5th time in 3 games.

Per jay Tate on Twitter ...

@JayGTate: @Gyp5yPrincess @WarBlogle Got in an off-the-field altercation … on a zero-tolerance policy.

Now comes the real question. Wrong crowd fight or obnoxious football fan read this board and confronted him? Lol. I keed I keed...

That's too bad for him. No more chances as he is a senior. Hope he can make a practice squad somewhere and earn a spot. Should he fully commit, I suspect he could.

Also, please don't everyone jump to conclusions without all the facts here. Duke could still very well be a good kid who misstepped a few times.

Let's not pretend like we could throw when he was here. It's a shame Gus and Co convinced him to stay abd wreck his NFL chances though.

He ruined his chances this year by the piss poor attitude starting back in camp

Sad for him, really. I wonder at what point he will realize what he cost himself.

Hopefully, this will bring the team together, rather than divide it.

I'd be shocked if it divides the locker room.

Man, thus has been a rough few weeks for Auburn, regardless of whether or not its a good thing Duke is gone. I hope he can stay out of serious trouble wherever he lands next.

Scott Griffin@griffsz 1m1 minute ago

Malzahn: “When individuals fail to meet the expectations of our program, there has to be consequences."

If Gus said that then what is Gus' consequences for the piss poor job he has done since middle of last year? Pot meet that darn kettle!!!!!!!!

Well this sucks.

I disagree 100%

you are in the loop?

I've been around the program......I hate that he failed to turn it around (he had his chances) but he had become a liability away from the ball.

Yeah he screwed himself royally. And now he won't even be able to get his degree. Damn shame. I don't think he will successful in the NFL at all unless he cleans up his act off the field. He's a broke college student and he acts like an idiot just wait until he has some money in his pocket lol

I seriously have no words right now.

I do! Thank you baby Jesus!

Tone it down and show some class. The guy just lost his dream. He's a kid still. I know he's like 22, but anyone over 30 knows what I mean. We'd be the better folks if we prayed for him to use this as a spring board fr a turnaround than we would to celebrate his demise. We should never celebrate our players failing. Ever.

Well this sucks.

I disagree 100%

you are in the loop?

I've been around the program......I hate that he failed to turn it around (he had his chances) but he had become a liability away from the ball.

away from field?

What are the odds that he drops out of school and is in serious trouble before the end of the year? I hope this gets his attention and he turns himself around. He is ruining his future.

Sadly, this is overdue by about 2 months. Really hoped for DWs sake he would make it work. Maybe he'll get a chance like DGB did after Mizzou cut him loose.

Duke played like a man amongst boys running in the middle against Alabama. He should've caught a pass in the end zone but he still played well on that gimpy leg. I remember a lot of bammers talking about how special of a player he was while walking out the stadium.

What could have been.

I think these type of dismissal midseason with no type of arrest or "violation of team rules" tells you the type a cancer he was to the team. Gus is at risk of losing this team (if he has not completely lost them already). Hate to see a guy with that has that type of talent completely throw it away. Hate to say it but it feels like a weight lifted, honestly.

Archived