Duke Williams dismissed

mustache eagle

And this is why players should never listen to coaches and take the money

You go from Barkley to Lattimore to this and on and on. Sammie was smart, Duke ****** up point blank period.

I'll hold the language back from here on out, but this season is every bit as bad as 2012 for me. One half decent offensive player, best receiver was a relative nonfactor (Emory stayed the season at least though), OL sucks, coaches suck, defense sucks, program somehow found a way to be severely worse than even the worst of expectations, etc.

Can we forfeit the rest of the games?

You can take a vacation.

A vacation to Mars and back wouldn't change anything, you give a guy 3 years and he somehow found a way to do a full 360 and lead us right back to the spot we were at before he was hired

Remind me again- what's that ignore feature and how does it work?

You just hit 'ignore' and hope nobody quotes that person.

I would if I could find the stinking ignore button. Definitely some bozos I go right over when I see who the poster is. And no, although you are indeed a bozo, I wouldn't miss your takes. Ha!

This is a sad day, though I hope it does unite the team. Since we are playing for the future now, it will be good to get some underclassmen playing time at receiver. Lashley has repeatedly said that Duke was blocking well and running his routes well, so I don't believe all that is being said about him. I did notice some visible frustration by Duke on the sidelines for the first time. I think completely abandoning the passing game pissed him off and he probably brought that attitude with him to the bar. I trust Coach Malzahn. He is a good man who will bring this team together. This is nothing like 2012. This is more like 2003, a team that has failed to live up to expectation but is laying the foundation for something much better.

Disagree, 2003 was a coaching issue caused by tubby promoting Nall to OC which was a disaster. It wasn't a player/team issue, if anything that team never quit even with the poor hand that tubby dealt them.

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You go from Barkley to Lattimore to this and on and on. Sammie was smart, Duke ****** up point blank period.

I'll hold the language back from here on out, but this season is every bit as bad as 2012 for me. One half decent offensive player, best receiver was a relative nonfactor (Emory stayed the season at least though), OL sucks, coaches suck, defense sucks, program somehow found a way to be severely worse than even the worst of expectations, etc.

Can you switch sides and leave the forum 4ever damn bammer.

You can take a vacation.

A vacation to Mars and back wouldn't change anything, you give a guy 3 years and he somehow found a way to do a full 360 and lead us right back to the spot we were at before he was hired

I would if I could find the stinking ignore button. Definitely some bozos I go right over when I see who the poster is. And no, although you are indeed a bozo, I wouldn't miss your takes. Ha!

I put that bozo on ignore a long time ago. You will be glad that you did.

Do I sense hostility towards Dual Threat????

You can take a vacation.

This is a sad day, though I hope it does unite the team. Since we are playing for the future now, it will be good to get some underclassmen playing time at receiver. Lashley has repeatedly said that Duke was blocking well and running his routes well, so I don't believe all that is being said about him. I did notice some visible frustration by Duke on the sidelines for the first time. I think completely abandoning the passing game pissed him off and he probably brought that attitude with him to the bar. I trust Coach Malzahn. He is a good man who will bring this team together. This is nothing like 2012. This is more like 2003, a team that has failed to live up to expectation but is laying the foundation for something much better.

My eyes told me otherwise at the games. Duke blocked "ok" for most of the MSU game and a little on Sat. Rhett was just sugar coating in hopes of future potential.

Do I sense hostility towards Dual Threat????

None.....what so ever. Truth! ;)

Duke was given plenty of chances but totally ignored on the field. Sorry but I dont care if he gets in fights. I want to win games and he is / was a playmaker. Gus needs all the help he can get right now. In the end, its his W/L record that really matters, not if he is a disciplinarian. That has already hurt Auburn from last year. I would bet if Duke got the ball his attitude would have improved. This will not be good for AU.

Duke knew what was expected of him and he didn't do. I personally think he needs to seek some serious professional help b/c it's about a lot more than football. Sad to say this put losing 1-2 millions is the least of Duke's issues right now. I had homeboys like him from the "hood" etc. Duke is going to end up in jail or dead!!! I've seen it time and time again!! I pray that he finds guidance and figures out his life real quick fast and a hurry. However, that was already provided to him at Auburn with our coaches and given a lot of chances so i'm very fearful how he will end up. He needs professional counseling and i hope he gets it.

Sad, but I don't guess it is surprising. I hope he can learn from this and make a better path for himself moving forward.

It will be interesting to see the affect this will have on the team, if any, the rest of the season.

Duke was given plenty of chances but totally ignored on the field. Sorry but I dont care if he gets in fights. I want to win games and he is / was a playmaker. Gus needs all the help he can get right now. In the end, its his W/L record that really matters, not if he is a disciplinarian. That has already hurt Auburn from last year. I would bet if Duke got the ball his attitude would have improved. This will not be good for AU.

Seriously? Lmao!

You can take a vacation.

You click on your own profile, top right of the page, then click on 'Manage Ignore Preferences' and add a user.

Got it and added número uno. I take back everything bad I've ever say about you..behind your back obviously. Thanks though big guy.

Let's not pretend like we could throw when he was here. It's a shame Gus and Co convinced him to stay abd wreck his NFL chances though.

I really think Gus allowing him to comeback after the suspension last December and the second one last Summer was more than enough chances. His NFL career was already in jeopardy with a history of off the field fighting. Gus needed him on the team, but he was also allowing him to get right for the NFL. He'll be lucky to walk on somewhere now

Duke knew what was expected of him and he didn't do. I personally think he needs to seek some serious professional help b/c it's about a lot more than football. Sad to say this put losing 1-2 millions is the least of Duke's issues right now. I had homeboys like him from the "hood" etc. Duke is going to end up in jail or dead!!! I've seen it time and time again!! I pray that he finds guidance and figures out his life real quick fast and a hurry. However, that was already provided to him at Auburn with our coaches and given a lot of chances so i'm very fearful how he will end up. He needs professional counseling and i hope he gets it.

Agree! I pray he finds help and proves the world wrong.

The rest of the loafers best take notice. This team needs discipline more than ever right now. Let's get the ship righted.

image.png?w=400&c=1

Seriously? Lmao!

Figured your reaction, since this is the opposite of your view. I'm much closer to yours. Wonder what cole thinks of builder's post ....

Seriously? Lmao!

Figured your reaction, since this is the opposite of your view. I'm much closer to yours. Wonder what cole thinks of builder's post ....

I'll ask if cole called him......

Seriously? Lmao!

I'll ask if cole called him......

Duke or builder?

Seriously? Lmao!

Wow. I guess people quickly forget that the Auburn football team has lost...not 1....not 2....but 3 current or previous football players that have DIED because they've been in an altercation yet people are ok if a player fights as long as he's not getting arrested. Regardless of if it was or was not our players fault...they ALL died do to an altercation that turned deadly quickly. Do i have that right or am i off base?

Archived