Duke Williams dismissed

mustache eagle

Well if this don't ligh a fire under the others, not sure what will.

Reportedly, this had nothing to do with his play, but an off campus incident after a known string of other incidents. The only guys it's liable to have much effect on are other guys with similar issues.

Depends on how much of his attitude was infecting the team. It's starting to sound like he was a locker room cancer. I wish him the best, but if he was dragging down the discipline and attitude of the offense good riddance

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And this is why players should never listen to coaches and take the money

You go from Barkley to Lattimore to this and on and on. Sammie was smart, Duke ****** up point blank period.

I'll hold the language back from here on out, but this season is every bit as bad as 2012 for me. One half decent offensive player, best receiver was a relative nonfactor (Emory stayed the season at least though), OL sucks, coaches suck, defense sucks, program somehow found a way to be severely worse than even the worst of expectations, etc.

Can we forfeit the rest of the games?

You can take a vacation.

A vacation to Mars and back wouldn't change anything, you give a guy 3 years and he somehow found a way to do a full 360 and lead us right back to the spot we were at before he was hired

Remind me again- what's that ignore feature and how does it work?

Well, now the million dollar question is, what does this do the relationship between Gus and Coach Craig??? Duke was his boy. How does Coach Craig react to his guy being dismissed mid-season, essentially ruining his chances at a degree and the NFL (possibly)?

Personally, I'm glad Gus did this. I have no inside information, but from my observations, Duke was a cancer to this team. I watched him running around the field, avoiding contact, running sloppy routes, dropping routine passes, etc. The most telling action he made was in the SJSU game, when he recovered the onside kick. He sprinted to the sidelines, jumping and celebrating, but the entire time had this smart-ass grin on his face. Something didn't set well with me on that.

Oh well, I guess we'll see what happens from here. I hope it's not a complete self-destruction, and I hope Coach Craig is onboard with Gus.

No effect, CDC is a professional. Now if he waved a towel around then maybe you could speculate...

Well if this don't ligh a fire under the others, not sure what will.

Reportedly, this had nothing to do with his play, but an off campus incident after a known string of other incidents. The only guys it's liable to have much effect on are other guys with similar issues.

Depends on how much of his attitude was infecting the team. It's starting to sound like he was a locker room cancer. I wish him the best, but if he was dragging down the discipline and attitude of the offense good riddance

Agreed.

You go from Barkley to Lattimore to this and on and on. Sammie was smart, Duke ****** up point blank period.

I'll hold the language back from here on out, but this season is every bit as bad as 2012 for me. One half decent offensive player, best receiver was a relative nonfactor (Emory stayed the season at least though), OL sucks, coaches suck, defense sucks, program somehow found a way to be severely worse than even the worst of expectations, etc.

You can take a vacation.

A vacation to Mars and back wouldn't change anything, you give a guy 3 years and he somehow found a way to do a full 360 and lead us right back to the spot we were at before he was hired

You just hit 'ignore' and hope nobody quotes that person.

Probably off topic, but anyone have the good ole dumpster fire picture? I'd say this season has officially hit that stage on October 5, 2015 @ 10:51 Eastern Time.

I never thought we would be thinking this after the SJSU game... Sad day for this season.

You can take a vacation.

I would if I could find the stinking ignore button. Definitely some bozos I go right over when I see who the poster is. And no, although you are indeed a bozo, I wouldn't miss your takes. Ha!

Scott Griffin@griffsz 1m1 minute ago

Malzahn: “When individuals fail to meet the expectations of our program, there has to be consequences."

If Gus said that then what is Gus' consequences for the piss poor job he has done since middle of last year? Pot meet that darn kettle!!!!!!!!

Middle of last year forward was all on Ellis Johnson's regressing defense. And the consequence was the loss of his his job. Offense did more that enough to win games and as a consequence the offensive staff got to keep their job. Right now we're reaping the consequences of poor defensive recruiting, poor player development on at least the defensive side, and young talent being hyped up for a job they may have not been ready to handle.

Wow. I can't believe the people saying yes and are happy about this....man

Don't think anyone's happy for Duke, and everyone would have preferred he ball out for the team. But if he was hurting the team, it's better for the team for him to be gone.

Well, now the million dollar question is, what does this do the relationship between Gus and Coach Craig??? Duke was his boy. How does Coach Craig react to his guy being dismissed mid-season, essentially ruining his chances at a degree and the NFL (possibly)?

Personally, I'm glad Gus did this. I have no inside information, but from my observations, Duke was a cancer to this team. I watched him running around the field, avoiding contact, running sloppy routes, dropping routine passes, etc. The most telling action he made was in the SJSU game, when he recovered the onside kick. He sprinted to the sidelines, jumping and celebrating, but the entire time had this smart-ass grin on his face. Something didn't set well with me on that.

Oh well, I guess we'll see what happens from here. I hope it's not a complete self-destruction, and I hope Coach Craig is onboard with Gus.

Anyone care to weigh in on this??? Haven't seen any posts regarding Coach Craig and his relationship to Duke, and whether this will affect his relationship with Gus.

I hope people are not happy this happened to a young man, but are just hopeful it will benefit the overall team attitude.

You can take a vacation.

I would if I could find the stinking ignore button. Definitely some bozos I go right over when I see who the poster is. And no, although you are indeed a bozo, I wouldn't miss your takes. Ha!

LOL

I have a high tolerance, so it's been a while since I ignored anyone. I think you click on their profile and there's a button to ignore this user.

Probably off topic, but anyone have the good ole dumpster fire picture? I'd say this season has officially hit that stage on October 5, 2015 @ 10:51 Eastern Time.

Gotcha covered : Dumpster fire pic

Thanks. You the real MVP

Thanks. You the real MVP

At least we haven't reached 5 alarm Longhorns dumpster fire status.

Most are not at all happy that he has done this to himself. He had every opportunity to be a team player. He was not a team player. If anyone is happy about this it is for the team. With his effort and attitude on the field and numerous off the field issues, the team will be better off without him. Hate it for him but he can't blame anyone but himself.

You can take a vacation.

This is a sad day, though I hope it does unite the team. Since we are playing for the future now, it will be good to get some underclassmen playing time at receiver. Lashley has repeatedly said that Duke was blocking well and running his routes well, so I don't believe all that is being said about him. I did notice some visible frustration by Duke on the sidelines for the first time. I think completely abandoning the passing game pissed him off and he probably brought that attitude with him to the bar. I trust Coach Malzahn. He is a good man who will bring this team together. This is nothing like 2012. This is more like 2003, a team that has failed to live up to expectation but is laying the foundation for something much better.

Greg Smith, Raven Gray, Trey Blackmon, Deandre Green, Kiehl frazier, Deangelo Benton, and now Duke Williams!

Some people get testy if you include Blackmon on that list. I figured that out the hard way. Good luck,

Thanks. You the real MVP

At least we haven't reached 5 alarm Longhorns dumpster fire status.

Jeez. Ya just had to bring that up. Don't get cocky and jinx us.

You can take a vacation.

You click on your own profile, top right of the page, then click on 'Manage Ignore Preferences' and add a user.

Auburn does not practice Florida State lack of discipline.

Archived