2016 3* JUCO QB/ATH John Franklin III (AU commit 11/4/15)

jskilgro

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously, you guys need to let the SW thing go. I'm starting to get real sick and tired of the worship over him. He's an adequate QB, that's it. I've been harping over this since the beginning of the season. The coaches see it too. We don't win championships without a game-changer at QB. Especially one who runs a 4.3. You guys need to get over SW, he's a filler. Let me ask you this. Do you really think the coaches offer a JUCO QB to ride the bench? An no, this is nothing like the Jason Smith fiasco. The coaches want this guy to be Nick Marshall 2.0. But, I forgot, most of you thought he was a failure, and want someone like Chris Todd...

Kind of how we are getting real sick and tired of your agenda? Your lack of depth of knowledge is glaring.

Just wanted to post this here, especially what the coaches told him when they visited him and offered him. Either the coaches are completely lying to him, or the coaches might agree with what I've been saying about needing a Dual--threat QB in Gus' system to be elite. But, yea, attack me all you want, I know nothing about football, even though the coaches are telling Franklin the exact thing I've been saying our offense needs. War Eagle...

John Franklin III put up a monster performance in what was likely his last game of the season, and earned an offer from Auburn the next day.

Franklin rushed for 172 yards on 10 carries with five touchdowns and hit 10-of-16 passes for 119 yards in a score for East Mississippi Community College in a 48-0 road victory over Mississippi Delta Community College on Thursday.

EMCC was then removed from the MACJC playoffs because of a bench-clearing brawl. But the 6-foot, 183-pound Franklin made the most of his performance in front of Auburn offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee, and earned an offer on Friday.

"After the game, (Lashlee) talked to my coaching staff and my coaches said they were going to offer me," Franklin said. "I talked to him late last night after they got out of meetings."

Franklin started his career at Florida State, playing the role of former Auburn quarterback Nick Marshall on the scout team prior to the FSU-Auburn BCS national championship game in Jan. 2014. He transferred to EMCC over the summer.

"They say they're missing a run game at the quarterback position and that's what they think I can bring," Franklin said. "At least with Cam Newton and Nick Marshall, that's what they're missing at the position and I feel like I'd be a great fit in their offense."

Franklin, whose only other offer right now is Buffalo, said that the Tigers are atop his list.

"Auburn is definitely my No. 1 school for right now," Franklin said. "I don't plan on making any decisions for right now, but as far as being my top school, they're up there in my No. 1 spot."

He made an unofficial visit to Auburn for its Oct. 3 game against San Jose State.

RELATED: Could Auburn turn up heat on QB John Franklin?

"I liked the atmosphere," Franklin said. "As a quarterback in my situation, that's definitely the type of offense I need to be in. The quarterback situation they have now is definitely appealing to the eye."

Franklin said he will talk it over with his family and decide which one of Auburn's final three home games he'll officially visit for.

He wants to make a decision by December so he can enroll in January. Franklin expects more offers to come.

"My junior college coaches say that a lot of schools will come in November," Franklin said. "It's toward the end of the season and I'm healthy and a lot of my offers will start coming in now like they did last year with (former EMCC, current Ole Miss quarterback) Chad Kelly, when they came in mid-November or late October."

Auburn has a commitment from Woody Barrett of West Orange High School near Orlando. Both Franklin and Barrett would bring a dual-threat dimension to the quarterback position that Auburn does not have on its roster.

EMCC was removed from the playoffs after this brawl on Thursday, which ended the game right before halftime because of numerous ejections.

"It was one of those things that happened," Franklin said. "I felt like it was planned from the get-go. A couple of things happened in pregame that were really uncalled for from their side. Our coaches are appealing the decision from the commissioner so hopefully we get a chance to continue playing but we'll just have to figure it out when we get back on Sunday what direction we'll be moving in."

That's great and all, but it doesn't change the fact that you have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to Sean White, so you should just admit it instead of pretending that you do. That is where everyone's beef is with you at the moment.

Having said that, it's clear Gus would rather have a DT qb to run his system. You only need to look at his play calling from yesterday to see that. I honestly feel like Gus only calls a pass play when he feels like he has to, because he is way more in favor of running the ball, like on every single first down. If he doesn't check his stubborn @ss, we'll keep losing games. Personally, I'd rather see us be more of a pass first team with a DT qb that can run if need be, but Gus clearly doesn't see it hat way

Admit what? Not once have I degraded SW or said something bad about him. I think because I'm not on his bandwagon like all of you guys makes it appear that I'm bad-mouthing him, but in reality I'm not. I've said in the beginning SW is a decent QB who would be great in a UAT or Stanford type of pro-style offense, or heck, even Texas A&M. But, as you said and I have said time and again, that's not our offense, and pass first is not what's made Gus' offense nearly unstoppable. That's been my point this whole time. I think SW would be a perfect fit if we had a top-20 defense and playmakers all around him on offense, but he doesn't, and with what we have RIGHT NOW, SW is only adequate in this type of offense. Drop passes happen all of the time. However, SW is a pocket-passer, and pocket-passers rarely make plays when things break down, and have to rely on others to make it for them. That's where a DT QB makes a difference. They see their first or second option is not there, and they run, which is what makes it so hard to defend. Defenses can't simulate a QB who has speed or power like our past two DT Qbs. All I'm saying is, I see what has kept us in games and what has won championships, and what has made our offenses nearly unstoppable. That's not a knock on SW. Just like JJ, he's not a fit for our type offense Gus wants..

Just so we're clear, saying, "Seriously, you guys need to let the SW thing go...He's an adequate QB, that's it...he's a filler," is degrading Sean and saying something bad about him. It completely discounts his skills and potential.

Though I mostly agree with the rest of your post. If we had a better supporting cast we'd be killing it. But a good pocket passer like Sean can buy us time and yardage just like a DT can, but in a different way. He can sit in the pocket (if his o-line is good enough) and stall until a receiver gets open ( if the receivers are good enough). Since we don't have that kind of support, we aren't really able to make things happen. So yes, it seems we need a DT guy until that sort of thing does start to happen.

I'll say this too though, if we have to continually rely on DT QBs to overcome these types of deficiencies, we will struggle for years to come.

That's still going in on him because he doesn't agree with you though....I'm still waiting on seeing if he's a star or not myself. Judging from his numbers game manager seems right but I'm just waiting to see him play against a good defense and get some more games under his belt.

But to be honest if this guy can't throw a lick he's not coming in and taking the qb job away from SW

Some of these so-called Dual threats are not dual threats at all, just running QBs. One dimensional not really a passing threat. If DTQB throws two picks and carries it around like a loaf of bread with a couple of fumbles every game I don't think that's what any of us want. We have to be careful about which ones we sign. Maybe we should take two or more. I have no problem with that. Probably could get several to be sure we get a good one that fits because there's usually not that much competition. However as I've said before QB is not the problem. WR and WR coaching is much bigger problem IMO. And throw in play selection for good measure. And of course Defense - Heaven help us.

He's a great athlete, so sign him. If he can win the QB job it means he's better than the other guys. If he can't win the QB job, put him at WR. We've got room. It's not like we're getting bombarded with 4 and 5* prospects clamoring to fill our 25 slots.

And drop more passes like most of these ex-QB great athletes we have right now? I say put them on defense where it seems to be OK to drop would be interceptions.

Seriously, you guys need to let the SW thing go. I'm starting to get real sick and tired of the worship over him. He's an adequate QB, that's it. I've been harping over this since the beginning of the season. The coaches see it too. We don't win championships without a game-changer at QB. Especially one who runs a 4.3. You guys need to get over SW, he's a filler. Let me ask you this. Do you really think the coaches offer a JUCO QB to ride the bench? An no, this is nothing like the Jason Smith fiasco. The coaches want this guy to be Nick Marshall 2.0. But, I forgot, most of you thought he was a failure, and want someone like Chris Todd...

Kind of how we are getting real sick and tired of your agenda? Your lack of depth of knowledge is glaring.

Just wanted to post this here, especially what the coaches told him when they visited him and offered him. Either the coaches are completely lying to him, or the coaches might agree with what I've been saying about needing a Dual--threat QB in Gus' system to be elite. But, yea, attack me all you want, I know nothing about football, even though the coaches are telling Franklin the exact thing I've been saying our offense needs. War Eagle...

John Franklin III put up a monster performance in what was likely his last game of the season, and earned an offer from Auburn the next day.

Franklin rushed for 172 yards on 10 carries with five touchdowns and hit 10-of-16 passes for 119 yards in a score for East Mississippi Community College in a 48-0 road victory over Mississippi Delta Community College on Thursday.

EMCC was then removed from the MACJC playoffs because of a bench-clearing brawl. But the 6-foot, 183-pound Franklin made the most of his performance in front of Auburn offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee, and earned an offer on Friday.

"After the game, (Lashlee) talked to my coaching staff and my coaches said they were going to offer me," Franklin said. "I talked to him late last night after they got out of meetings."

Franklin started his career at Florida State, playing the role of former Auburn quarterback Nick Marshall on the scout team prior to the FSU-Auburn BCS national championship game in Jan. 2014. He transferred to EMCC over the summer.

"They say they're missing a run game at the quarterback position and that's what they think I can bring," Franklin said. "At least with Cam Newton and Nick Marshall, that's what they're missing at the position and I feel like I'd be a great fit in their offense."

Franklin, whose only other offer right now is Buffalo, said that the Tigers are atop his list.

"Auburn is definitely my No. 1 school for right now," Franklin said. "I don't plan on making any decisions for right now, but as far as being my top school, they're up there in my No. 1 spot."

He made an unofficial visit to Auburn for its Oct. 3 game against San Jose State.

RELATED: Could Auburn turn up heat on QB John Franklin?

"I liked the atmosphere," Franklin said. "As a quarterback in my situation, that's definitely the type of offense I need to be in. The quarterback situation they have now is definitely appealing to the eye."

Franklin said he will talk it over with his family and decide which one of Auburn's final three home games he'll officially visit for.

He wants to make a decision by December so he can enroll in January. Franklin expects more offers to come.

"My junior college coaches say that a lot of schools will come in November," Franklin said. "It's toward the end of the season and I'm healthy and a lot of my offers will start coming in now like they did last year with (former EMCC, current Ole Miss quarterback) Chad Kelly, when they came in mid-November or late October."

Auburn has a commitment from Woody Barrett of West Orange High School near Orlando. Both Franklin and Barrett would bring a dual-threat dimension to the quarterback position that Auburn does not have on its roster.

EMCC was removed from the playoffs after this brawl on Thursday, which ended the game right before halftime because of numerous ejections.

"It was one of those things that happened," Franklin said. "I felt like it was planned from the get-go. A couple of things happened in pregame that were really uncalled for from their side. Our coaches are appealing the decision from the commissioner so hopefully we get a chance to continue playing but we'll just have to figure it out when we get back on Sunday what direction we'll be moving in."

That's great and all, but it doesn't change the fact that you have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to Sean White, so you should just admit it instead of pretending that you do. That is where everyone's beef is with you at the moment.

Having said that, it's clear Gus would rather have a DT qb to run his system. You only need to look at his play calling from yesterday to see that. I honestly feel like Gus only calls a pass play when he feels like he has to, because he is way more in favor of running the ball, like on every single first down. If he doesn't check his stubborn @ss, we'll keep losing games. Personally, I'd rather see us be more of a pass first team with a DT qb that can run if need be, but Gus clearly doesn't see it hat way

Admit what? Not once have I degraded SW or said something bad about him. I think because I'm not on his bandwagon like all of you guys makes it appear that I'm bad-mouthing him, but in reality I'm not. I've said in the beginning SW is a decent QB who would be great in a UAT or Stanford type of pro-style offense, or heck, even Texas A&M. But, as you said and I have said time and again, that's not our offense, and pass first is not what's made Gus' offense nearly unstoppable. That's been my point this whole time. I think SW would be a perfect fit if we had a top-20 defense and playmakers all around him on offense, but he doesn't, and with what we have RIGHT NOW, SW is only adequate in this type of offense. Drop passes happen all of the time. However, SW is a pocket-passer, and pocket-passers rarely make plays when things break down, and have to rely on others to make it for them. That's where a DT QB makes a difference. They see their first or second option is not there, and they run, which is what makes it so hard to defend. Defenses can't simulate a QB who has speed or power like our past two DT Qbs. All I'm saying is, I see what has kept us in games and what has won championships, and what has made our offenses nearly unstoppable. That's not a knock on SW. Just like JJ, he's not a fit for our type offense Gus wants..

Just so we're clear, saying, "Seriously, you guys need to let the SW thing go...He's an adequate QB, that's it...he's a filler," is degrading Sean and saying something bad about him. It completely discounts his skills and potential.

Though I mostly agree with the rest of your post. If we had a better supporting cast we'd be killing it. But a good pocket passer like Sean can buy us time and yardage just like a DT can, but in a different way. He can sit in the pocket (if his o-line is good enough) and stall until a receiver gets open ( if the receivers are good enough). Since we don't have that kind of support, we aren't really able to make things happen. So yes, it seems we need a DT guy until that sort of thing does start to happen.

I'll say this too though, if we have to continually rely on DT QBs to overcome these types of deficiencies, we will struggle for years to come.

That's still going in on him because he doesn't agree with you though....I'm still waiting on seeing if he's a star or not myself. Judging from his numbers game manager seems right but I'm just waiting to see him play against a good defense and get some more games under his belt.

But to be honest if this guy can't throw a lick he's not coming in and taking the qb job away from SW

Wait what doesn't he agree with?

He's a great athlete, so sign him. If he can win the QB job it means he's better than the other guys. If he can't win the QB job, put him at WR. We've got room. It's not like we're getting bombarded with 4 and 5* prospects clamoring to fill our 25 slots.

And drop more passes like most of these ex-QB great athletes we have right now? I say put them on defense where it seems to be OK to drop would be interceptions.

Funny ....but regrettably all to true. I'm hoping we get some professional WRs like Stove or Davis....and turn them loose....instead of spending a couple years converting guys to play the position. How many of those have we been through during the past 5 or 6 year.....seems like a bunch of them and the outcome is why we go nuts watching guys drop perfect passes at critical moments.

WR recruits have now seen Sean White in 4 games and know how well he can deliver the ball to his WRs. Because of that, SW has now become the baseline for WR recruits considering Auburn. They know that any other QBs already on the Auburn roster, or any new commit including this JUCO, are going to have to be better than SW to beat him out. That is an important piece of info for WR recruits to know.

WR recruits have now seen Sean White in 4 games and know how well he can deliver the ball to his WRs. Because of that, SW has now become the baseline for WR recruits considering Auburn. They know that any other QBs already on the Auburn roster, or any new commit including this JUCO, are going to have to be better than SW to beat him out. That is an important piece of info for WR recruits to know.

Lets see what he can do against the best defense in the rest of the season. WR recruits will be watching.

Lets see what he can do against the best defense in the rest of the season. WR recruits will be watching.

Ahh, I think my meaning must have got past you my friend. I'm just saying that Sean will still be the baseline and that will be true no matter how well he does the rest of the season. That baseline could go up or down from here, but none of the others including JJ, Queen, Barrett or any unknown JuCo commit, are or will be the baseline for the '16 WR recruits. But we are both hoping that the baseline on the graph for SW continues to go up and to the right.

SW's streak of passes without an interception is the fourth longest in Auburn history. And that's even though he's throwing on must-pass downs because our coaches are committed to the first down run. No top JUCO quarterback with only two years left to play is going to come here and compete with White unless there are mitigating circumstances. White may not be a superior athlete, but he's a good athlete and a "coach on the field".

The zone read was good to us when we had superior athletes running an offense to which defenses weren't accustomed. Franklin may be a superior athlete, but the offense is no longer unique. Take a look at the last half of 2014.

SW's streak of passes without an interception is the fourth longest in Auburn history. And that's even though he's throwing on must-pass downs because our coaches are committed to the first down run. No top JUCO quarterback with only two years left to play is going to come here and compete with White unless there are mitigating circumstances. White may not be a superior athlete, but he's a good athlete and a "coach on the field".

The zone read was good to us when we had superior athletes running an offense to which defenses weren't accustomed. Franklin may be a superior athlete, but the offense is no longer unique. Take a look at the last half of 2014.

Not going to get into an argument, but only two games last year where our offense stunk it up: Miss. State and UGA. All of the other games, like last half of 2014, as you are stating, was all on the defense. So, it's the offense's fault we lost to UAT, Texas A&M, & Wisconsin, where we average almost 38 points in those games? Our offense was not the problem at all. If we had any defense, we would have won a minimum of 10 games. It is what it is though, we lost those games. Also, NM is probably #3 or #4 all-time at QB for Auburn, so slow your roll on SW. Yea, he hasn't thrown an interception since Miss. State. Good for him. However, he's not winning games for us either. NM did that. I ask again. You think SW would have put up 44 points on UAT last year? Or been able to carry us to the National Championship in 2013 with only fall camp to prove himself? Seriously though, and be honest. Would you take SW or NM if you had to pick a QB for the type of offense we run?

Not going to get into an argument, but only two games last year where our offense stunk it up: Miss. State and UGA. All of the other games, like last half of 2014, as you are stating, was all on the defense. So, it's the offense's fault we lost to UAT, Texas A&M, & Wisconsin, where we average almost 38 points in those games? Our offense was not the problem at all. If we had any defense, we would have won a minimum of 10 games. It is what it is though, we lost those games. Also, NM is probably #3 or #4 all-time at QB for Auburn, so slow your roll on SW. Yea, he hasn't thrown an interception since Miss. State. Good for him. However, he's not winning games for us either. NM did that. I ask again. You think SW would have put up 44 points on UAT last year? Or been able to carry us to the National Championship in 2013 with only fall camp to prove himself? Seriously though, and be honest. Would you take SW or NM if you had to pick a QB for the type of offense we run?

I'll bite.

You are correct. SW is not winning us games (he is also not losing games for us like JJ was on track to do, but that's neither here nor there). Yes a 21 year old Nick Marshall was the driving force in winning games for us and made huge, important, key, clutch plays down the stretch to help AU win games and win the SEC Championship. And yes a 22 year old Nick Marshall put up 44 points on one of the best defenses in the country last year.

However, you are comparing a 19 year old freshman SW to NM in Marshall's most experienced years. When SW is 21 and 22 years old as a junior and senior, it is my opinion that, I think he will be able to put up similar numbers as NM and be close to equal to NM as far as overall effectiveness. They will just be in a different manner (mostly through the air as opposed to using the ground numbers to launch his passing numbers). His throws are on the money for the most part (even Tom Brady doesn't throw 100% of his passes on target) and he will only get better from here on out, even if his stats don't show that because the level of competition he will face will get better and better to close the season. He is literally only 4 games into his career right now with zero benefit of taking first team reps in practice prior to JJ imploding. Not saying he has no holes in his game or is perfect, but I think SW can develop into a very good QB. His pocket awareness and ability to get outside of the pocket and scan the field does not look like that of someone who has such limited experience as he does.

He might even look better than Jason Campbell did when he was a RS-FR IMO

I'll bite.

You are correct. SW is not winning us games (he is also not losing games for us like JJ was on track to do, but that's neither here nor there). Yes a 21 year old Nick Marshall was the driving force in winning games for us and made huge, important, key, clutch plays down the stretch to help AU win games and win the SEC Championship. And yes a 22 year old Nick Marshall put up 44 points on one of the best defenses in the country last year.

However, you are comparing a 19 year old freshman SW to NM in Marshall's most experienced years. When SW is 21 and 22 years old as a junior and senior, it is my opinion that, I think he will be able to put up similar numbers as NM and be close to equal to NM as far as overall effectiveness. They will just be in a different manner (mostly through the air as opposed to using the ground numbers to launch his passing numbers). His throws are on the money for the most part (even Tom Brady doesn't throw 100% of his passes on target) and he will only get better from here on out, even if his stats don't show that because the level of competition he will face will get better and better to close the season. He is literally only 4 games into his career right now with zero benefit of taking first team reps in practice prior to JJ imploding. Not saying he has no holes in his game or is perfect, but I think SW can develop into a very good QB. His pocket awareness and ability to get outside of the pocket and scan the field does not look like that of someone who has such limited experience as he does.

JMO but that drive to get the game tying FG against ARKY was probably as good as anything NM did at AU...and doing it with far less talent IMO.

I don't know how any reasonable person gets off with comparing a RS freshman with 3 starts against a guy who had played serious football for 3 seasons before 2014.

But, just in case people did not check, SW has a higher "career" completion percentage thus far and a higher number of passing yards per game...for his short career.

I'll bite.

I respect your opinion. We'll agree to disagree. I think SW would be great if we chose to go back to Gus' days at Tulsa or when we had Chris Todd. However, SW is not fit for the zone-read option that made our program become a national title contender. It's why I am biased towards that kind of offense. We are nearly unstoppable with a DT QB, and I want to see that again. However, IF Gus wants to go back to his Tulsa days, SW will be the QB, simple as that. I have facts and evidence that back up my opinion about DT QBs in this offense. You and others are basing your opinion on hope and Gus' success in C-USA. Don't bring up Chris Todd, because our offense was terrible when we played against teams with actual defenses. I would rather go with the offense that has won us 2 SEC championships and 1 National Championship and another National Championship appearance. But, I get it, everyone is in love with SW. I think also I just don't get how Auburn fans can just gush over him, and when we had NM, many Auburn fans, including ones on here, always questioned Nick Marshall as our QB, and that's including 2013! It just makes no sense to me how many of you do not seem partisan ,and latch on to a player, and don't use reason and logic to form your opinion. Yes, I know SW is young, but he's not that young. He's 20 years old and he's been in our system for two years now. Nick Marshall was a converted DB and had played only 1 year in JUCO and came into fall camp with limited number of practices and won the job. Yet, people do not recognize how unbelievable that achievement really is. And now we have people who are throwing a love fest over SW, including you, comparing him to Jason Campbell and other greats who had proven themselves. It really irritates me how people can dismiss NM like that. SW would be lucky to accomplish anything like Nick Marshall. Again though, I've read many threads and posts now, and I get that Auburn fans want no one else to succeed other than SW at QB, as evidence by this thread how people are freaking out about the possibility of a JUCO QB coming to Auburn. It is what it is though...

I'll bite.

JMO but that drive to get the game tying FG against ARKY was probably as good as anything NM did at AU...and doing it with far less talent IMO.

I don't know how any reasonable person gets off with comparing a RS freshman with 3 starts against a guy who had played serious football for 3 seasons before 2014.

But, just in case people did not check, SW has a higher "career" completion percentage thus far and a higher number of passing yards per game...for his short career.

Yea, this is exactly what I'm talking about. I guess you forgot the Miss. State game (great pass to Uzomah with 7 seconds left), Texas A&M game (great pass to Marcus Davis on 3rd down to keep drive alive and eventually score the game-winning TD), UGA (yes, hail mary, but still counts), UAT (to tie the game), and FSU game (to take the lead) in 2013. Then in 2014 the last drive to put the game away against Kansas State and the Ole Miss game in 2014, where it went back and forth and he led us to a game winning drive there as well. How convenient you forget those. But yea, SW's drive against a mediocre Arkansas defense, and against a 2-4 Arkansas team at that, was better than any drive that NM ever had...

I'll bite.

I respect your opinion. We'll agree to disagree. I think SW would be great if we chose to go back to Gus' days at Tulsa or when we had Chris Todd. However, SW is not fit for the zone-read option that made our program become a national title contender. It's why I am biased towards that kind of offense. We are nearly unstoppable with a DT QB, and I want to see that again. However, IF Gus wants to go back to his Tulsa days, SW will be the QB, simple as that. I have facts and evidence that back up my opinion about DT QBs in this offense. You and others are basing your opinion on hope and Gus' success in C-USA. Don't bring up Chris Todd, because our offense was terrible when we played against teams with actual defenses. I would rather go with the offense that has won us 2 SEC championships and 1 National Championship and another National Championship appearance. But, I get it, everyone is in love with SW. I think also I just don't get how Auburn fans can just gush over him, and when we had NM, many Auburn fans, including ones on here, always questioned Nick Marshall as our QB, and that's including 2013! It just makes no sense to me how many of you do not seem partisan ,and latch on to a player, and don't use reason and logic to form your opinion. Yes, I know SW is young, but he's not that young. He's 20 years old and he's been in our system for two years now. Nick Marshall was a converted DB and had played only 1 year in JUCO and came into fall camp with limited number of practices and won the job. Yet, people do not recognize how unbelievable that achievement really is. And now we have people who are throwing a love fest over SW, including you, comparing him to Jason Campbell and other greats who had proven themselves. It really irritates me how people can dismiss NM like that. SW would be lucky to accomplish anything like Nick Marshall. Again though, I've read many threads and posts now, and I get that Auburn fans want no one else to succeed other than SW at QB, as evidence by this thread how people are freaking out about the possibility of a JUCO QB coming to Auburn. It is what it is though...

I guess those fans are offset by a handful who seem eager to see SW fail so they can give us the "I told you so".

Just a reminder that Nick had 25 seniors on his team and a half dozen viable pass receivers....too early to draw conclusions about SW .....which also means too early to be eagerly looking for his replacement too...JMO.

I think offering Franklin says JJ's time at AU is done. And that's a pretty educated "think".

Based on the "response" one of my friends got from JJ's dad when he tried give him Kudos after JJs touchdown on Saturday, I have to agree with you.

I think offering Franklin says JJ's time at AU is done. And that's a pretty educated "think".

Unless he graduates by the end of the Summer he can't go anywhere for his senior year.

I'll bite.

I guess those fans are offset by a handful who seem eager to see SW fail so they can give us the "I told you so".

Just a reminder that Nick had 25 seniors on his team and a half dozen viable pass receivers....too early to draw conclusions about SW .....which also means too early to be eagerly looking for his replacement too...JMO.

I see you still didn't respond to my above post about NM drives compared to SW's unbelievable drive against the best defense in the nation. Also, you need to re-read my post and other posts I have made about SW has been derogatory or saying I want him to fail. I am pointing out my opinions with facts and evidence on why our offense needs a DT QB, and most everyone here seems to have blind-optimism on SW. I'll say it again, it depends which direction Gus wants to go with on offense. Does he want to have an offense like he had during his Tulsa days, or does he want to go to his offenses like he had with NM and Cam? We'll see...

Archived