2016 3* JUCO QB/ATH John Franklin III (AU commit 11/4/15)

jskilgro

If this guy is being converted to a freaking wide receiver, he needs to reconsider his choice.

His options are a) play WR at Auburn or B)/> qb at Buffalo. Hmmmm, tough decision.

Eh, either way he gets to the league.

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I watched Franklin's HUDL highlights. It did not show him really running the zone read. We really need a DT that can run the zone read expertly. I hope he can. His runs were basic QB keepers in the highlights. He has good moves and good speed; a Seminoles site says he has 4.38, 40 speed. The coaches will need to coach him up on carrying the ball closer to his body. He has a tendency to hold the ball in a hand away from his body while running. In the SEC, this is a fumble waiting to happen. He has a pretty good arm but I am not sure about his accuracy. Pretty sure he was a 3 star out of HS.

He only weighs 185. This is an interesting get. He could replace KJ at Wildcat QB, and we could use KJ at RB and receiver when Franklin is in the game.

I watched Franklin's HUDL highlights. It did not show him really running the zone read. We really need a DT that can run the zone read expertly. I hope he can. His runs were basic QB keepers in the highlights. He has good moves and good speed; a Seminoles site says he has 4.38, 40 speed. The coaches will need to coach him up on carrying the ball closer to his body. He has a tendency to hold the ball in a hand away from his body while running. In the SEC, this is a fumble waiting to happen. He has a pretty good arm but I am not sure about his accuracy. Pretty sure he was a 3 star out of HS.

He only weighs 185. This is an interesting get. He could replace KJ at Wildcat QB, and we could use KJ at RB and receiver when Franklin is in the game.

ball security will be a major concern if he continues to Michael Vick that football while running.

he has 4.38, 40 speed.

Sub 4.4, #1 JUCO ATH in the country? Yes please.

Jason Smith is listed at 180.

If this guy is being converted to a freaking wide receiver, he needs to reconsider his choice.

His options are a) play WR at Auburn or B)/> qb at Buffalo. Hmmmm, tough decision.

Just accidentally created an emoji when that wasn't my intention. Definitely no good at thishhtml coding thing.

I was about to say, you're sure narrowing that gap in nonsensical posts in a hurry...

Perhaps I should have taken a class on that when I was at Auburn.

looks like Malzan cant develop HS QBs. How does this help us lure in elite HS WR with a QB running the ball 15 times per game and the RBs getting 37-40 carries? we are supposed to run 70+ plays and don't forget atleast 4 speed sweeps per game? that is about 60 plays of non-passing stuff. Maybe Malzan needs to hire an offensive coordinator I love Auburn but we have to land elite WR's at some point.

You don't like the way Sean White is progressing? I do. We don't need an offensive coordinator. Gus is our OC.

Seriously, you guys need to let the SW thing go. I'm starting to get real sick and tired of the worship over him. He's an adequate QB, that's it. I've been harping over this since the beginning of the season. The coaches see it too. We don't win championships without a game-changer at QB. Especially one who runs a 4.3. You guys need to get over SW, he's a filler. Let me ask you this. Do you really think the coaches offer a JUCO QB to ride the bench? An no, this is nothing like the Jason Smith fiasco. The coaches want this guy to be Nick Marshall 2.0. But, I forgot, most of you thought he was a failure, and want someone like Chris Todd...

Sean white is a RS freshman!!! He's good now. GA would trade for him as well as many other teams

He's going to be really good. The staff is definitely going to give everyone a shot but we aren't going to hand over the reins to a backup juco because we've had success with athletes. And Jason Smith is not a fiasco...you just think it is. he was always an athlete.

looks like Malzan cant develop HS QBs. How does this help us lure in elite HS WR with a QB running the ball 15 times per game and the RBs getting 37-40 carries? we are supposed to run 70+ plays and don't forget atleast 4 speed sweeps per game? that is about 60 plays of non-passing stuff. Maybe Malzan needs to hire an offensive coordinator I love Auburn but we have to land elite WR's at some point.

Go home Willie. You're drunk.

Keith just tweeted that he ran the 100 in 10.5 seconds.

McCalebb's personal best in high school was 10.9.

wow. That is moving. Bo ran a 10.39 100 meters while at Auburn. Per wiki

You don't like the way Sean White is progressing? I do. We don't need an offensive coordinator. Gus is our OC.

No, Rhett is our OC and Rhett does have some marginal amount of control within the play calling of system.

Gold jacket, green jacket, who gives a ****?

Glad to have a guy that can contribute. He'll get a look at QB. If we like any two of White, Johnson, Queen, or Barrett better, he'll move to WR or CB. 247 has him listed at 6'0" and 183 lbs. That's plenty big for either position, and a 6' CB would fit nicely into Muschamp's vision of a long, fast defensive backfield.

Archived