2016 3* JUCO QB/ATH John Franklin III (AU commit 11/4/15)

jskilgro

LMBO do you guys remember when people were actually arguing that JJ was better than D Watson in the offseason?

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I started that thread

Nice.

I'm not a horn tooter but I definitely said we hadn't seen JJ enough to even compare the 2 and at that moment I would've taken DW. And I'd 100% take him now haha.

Gross I horn tooted

I started that thread

Nice.

I'm not a horn tooter but I definitely said we hadn't seen JJ enough to even compare the 2 and at that moment I would've taken DW. And I'd 100% take him now haha.

Gross I horn tooted

I try not to horn toot, but I did quite a bit this season with regards to Barber and White.

I figure it balances out if I also admit when I'm wrong. (Dangit, Duke, you made us both look stupid.)

Everybody wants a DT QB everything else being equal. I mean, if you have 2 guys with great size, arms and accuracy, why wouldn't you want the guy that can run better. We just missed on the top DT guys so we took what looked like the best available, and looks like SW will be good enough to win some games.

E, do you think there is a chance we sign Barrett, Franklin, and Evans in this class (and Narcisse in the next). If so that would be 3 DT QBs in the same class which I think would signal that CGM has been convinced that he can only win with a DT QB as several on this forum have been preaching. Personally I'm not sure any type of QB can win unless we make major improvement on the Defensive side.

It depends if the staff believes in SW. FTR we are recruiting JF3 as an ATH which means he would likely be a WR for us.

There's a name you forgot though. We could easily sign Jake Bentley in 2017 also.

E, it seems that since CGM has been here, he has recruited NM from the JUCO ranks as a DT QB, but has not signed DT QBs as much as Pro type QBs. JJ stuck with his commitment during the coaching transition and we signed SW and TQ. Gus recruited the Clemson QB and the LSU QB, but didn't sign either one. Is he very selective with reguard to DT QBs, or is he trying to prove his scheme will work no matter the QB running that scheme?

Gus seems to have been caught with no DT QBs in the stable as a viable option. Was this by design? Any insight you might have would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

I think til now he tries to get the best he can regardless of style then try to adapt the O to the QBs skills.

Thanks for your response, E. I think SW is off to a great start, hope it continues.

I started that thread

Nice.

Gross I horn tooted

I try not to horn toot, but I did quite a bit this season with regards to Barber and White.

I figure it balances out if I also admit when I'm wrong. (Dangit, Duke, you made us both look stupid.)

Hahah there we go. I can live with knowing I tooted the horn because I will also admit when I'm wrong.

Everybody wants a DT QB everything else being equal. I mean, if you have 2 guys with great size, arms and accuracy, why wouldn't you want the guy that can run better. We just missed on the top DT guys so we took what looked like the best available, and looks like SW will be good enough to win some games.

That's just the thing. There's not another Cam coming. People are ignoring the fact that there's neither that nor a combination of Nick Marshall, Greg Robinson, Reese Dismukes, Jay Prosch, Tre Mason and some selfless WRs- willing to block their butts off while rarely ever getting a ball thrown their way- waiting around the corner.

Just because a guy can run doesn't mean he can make good decisions with the ball (Marshall was a freaking savant), learn the playbook, be a leader, throw well enough to make opponents respect the passing game (imagine how much better we would've been in 2014 if Marshall was a decent short-to-intermediate passer?), or do any number of other things required to be a good quarterback. It doesn't mean that we'll have the pieces in place around him to make him successful, either.

Cam was unique. He hasn't happened again in 5 years and it will likely be at least 5 more before he does. The 2013 offense was unique. A team is not going to run for 500+ in the SECCG again anytime soon, even if Gus is coaching it. The BCSCG to 3-9 and back again in 4 years was unique and isn't going to happen again. Louis's catch against UGA was unique and so was the Kick Six, and neither will happen again. Jeremy Johnson's freefall was unique, and we're really hoping it doesn't happen again. Auburn is really good at making unique things happen, good or bad, but they're still unique.

Oh, one other small detail. Neither Cam nor Nick ever took a snap as a redshirt freshman or even as a sophomore at Auburn. Both had a ton of experience around them, too. Some folks need to quit writing White's epitaph. Dude is balling out, all things considered, and has this offense performing at a respectable level just a few weeks removed from utter disaster. We're lucky to have him.

Keith seems to be anticipating a commitment.

I just saw his post. We will be done recruiting QB if JF3 commits to AU but he is considered as an ATH.

I just saw his post. We will be done recruiting QB if JF3 commits to AU but he is considered as an ATH.

I am sure this was said in prior posts, but what position is he being recruited to play?

I am sure this was said in prior posts, but what position is he being recruited to play?

He will get his shot at QB. If not, he will move to WR or DB.

He will get his shot at QB. If not, he will move to WR or DB.

Given our qb situation, shouldn't he just stay there, Juco or not?

I think that will entirely depend on what our QB situation is, once the coaches know what Jeremy is going to do and if Queen is going to come back 100%. If either is unavailable for any reason, then yea, they will probably need the backup so Woody can redshirt.

I think that will entirely depend on what our QB situation is, once the coaches know what Jeremy is going to do and if Queen is going to come back 100%. If either is unavailable for any reason, then yea, they will probably need the backup so Woody can redshirt.

Agreed. If Franklin gets here and there's no Queen, then he might spend a little more time taking his shot at QB than Smith did. If Queen and Barrett are here and practicing well, then the coaches will probably feel okay that they have 3 QBs + Franklin + Smith. If Sean were to go down in that scenario, then they probably move Franklin or Smith back over to get 3rd team reps like they're doing with Wallace now. (I personally would venture a guess that they're giving those reps to Wallace instead of Smith right now because Smith is proving invaluable at receiver, and we're only talking about the backup plan to the backup plan at QB.)

looks like Malzan cant develop HS QBs. How does this help us lure in elite HS WR with a QB running the ball 15 times per game and the RBs getting 37-40 carries? we are supposed to run 70+ plays and don't forget atleast 4 speed sweeps per game? that is about 60 plays of non-passing stuff. Maybe Malzan needs to hire an offensive coordinator I love Auburn but we have to land elite WR's at some point.

looks like Malzan cant develop HS QBs. How does this help us lure in elite HS WR with a QB running the ball 15 times per game and the RBs getting 37-40 carries? we are supposed to run 70+ plays and don't forget atleast 4 speed sweeps per game? that is about 60 plays of non-passing stuff. Maybe Malzan needs to hire an offensive coordinator I love Auburn but we have to land elite WR's at some point.

He's literally being recruiting as an athlete...

If this guy is being converted to a freaking wide receiver, he needs to reconsider his choice.

His options are a) play WR at Auburn or B) qb at Buffalo. Hmmmm, tough decision.

If this guy is being converted to a freaking wide receiver, he needs to reconsider his choice.

His options are a) play WR at Auburn or B)/> qb at Buffalo. Hmmmm, tough decision.

Just accidentally created an emoji when that wasn't my intention. Definitely no good at thishhtml coding thing.

His options are a) play WR at Auburn or B)/> qb at Buffalo. Hmmmm, tough decision.

Just accidentally created an emoji when that wasn't my intention. Definitely no good at thishhtml coding thing.

I was about to say, you're sure narrowing that gap in nonsensical posts in a hurry...

He isn't megatron, more like another Jason smith type, but he is coming to Auburn so might as well embrace him.

Archived