***2016 National Signing Day - NLI Signature Discussion Thread***

RunInRed

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome on Coe!

Now let's see if we don't hear some good news for/about Thomas.

Looks like AU just offered.

I hope so, guess we're not "full" after all.

Awesome on Coe!

Hope there's not hard feelings.

Don't think there is. AU was upfront with Thomas.

There isn't. DT said in interviews he felt AU was straight up w/ him.

Faxing letters in on national signing day....I'm amazed these guys can even find a fax machine.....the last vestiges of the 20th century....still sitting around dust covered, in a storage closet until needed today. ...and then tomorrow, back it goes into the box until next year.

Gotta be something more modern.....can't the guys just tweet their letter or something?

It'd be nice but too many fraud opportunities. The fax is an official copy with signature and time stamp that can be filed immediately. It's also the safest. You can't hack a fax like an email or any other electronic means. But there has to be a better way than faxing. And I do understand you were being a tad facetious.

Actually I guess you can send an equivalent to a fax with a printer scanner.....so maybe the old fax machine is still in the closet....just in case.

Awesome on Coe!

Yup. Keith Niebuhr just CB'd Daniel Thomas to AU.

I hope we can beat out Minnesota for a local guy who grew up fan!

Marquis McClain signs with Auburn!

Um who? Is this a sign NCM might be going elsewhere?

No. This kid has been committed to AU for months.

Thanks! Haven't kept up with recruiting like I should and i didn't remember seeing his thread.

Faxing letters in on national signing day....I'm amazed these guys can even find a fax machine.....the last vestiges of the 20th century....still sitting around dust covered, in a storage closet until needed today. ...and then tomorrow, back it goes into the box until next year.

Gotta be something more modern.....can't the guys just tweet their letter or something?

It'd be nice but too many fraud opportunities. The fax is an official copy with signature and time stamp that can be filed immediately. It's also the safest. You can't hack a fax like an email or any other electronic means. But there has to be a better way than faxing. And I do understand you were being a tad facetious.

Actually I guess you can send an equivalent to a fax with a printer scanner.....so maybe the old fax machine is still in the closet....just in case.

In the closet like Tebow! Bada Bing! I'll be here all week, don't forget to tip your bartender.

Awesome on Coe!

What's our opinion on DT? He was essentially just a back up option at Safety?

Awesome on Coe!

Most everyone was upset we didn't offer, even if we thought we were going to get Warrior. We were almost all pulling for the kid.

Awesome on Coe!

Most everyone was upset we didn't offer, even if we thought we were going to get Warrior. We were almost all pulling for the kid.

Sounds like he knew he was a "stand-by"....now he just needs to go out and prove we got the right guy....and nobody is going to recall the guy the got away a year from now.

Awesome on Coe!

Sounds like he knew he was a "stand-by"....now he just needs to go out and prove we got the right guy....and nobody is going to recall the guy the got away a year from now.

He's quickly become my 'favorite' recruit.

Archived