Cam's Post-Super Bowl Presser

RunInRed

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, he's going to get blasted for this one. All the love he gained for his season lost in a 2.5 minute interview. Just another chapter in his story though. He'll either learn and grow, or wilt and fade.

He will learn. I bet he wishes he had a do over.

He will learn. I bet he wishes he had a do over.

Indeed. But his highs are really high and his lows are really low. For someone who enjoys the game as much as he does, losing, especially when they get handled like they did, is going to bring out the worst in him. But everything he went through in 2010 has prepared him for the media onslaught he's going to have to endure for the next 7 months. But this time, there's no Tim Jackson to shield him, it's going to be up to him to overcome this one. A lot of people want to see him fail, and last night was their crowning moment for that. From the fumble he didn't go after, to the flop on the holding call, to the press conference. It's all going into their war chest and it's going to take years before he can overcome this, if he ever does. There are some people who will never be convinced, but he lost a lot of people last night, probably most folks. I still want him to succeed like a lot of Auburn folks, but now Auburn and Carolina folks are going to have to answer for his actions (again) and there's really not much else you can say other than, "Yep, that was bad."

Pretty disappointing for sure. Stand up and take your medicine and be a man about it. I believe he lost fans and maybe even sponsors.

did you here what was going on in the back ground. There was a Denver corner interviewing in the back ground that was saying stuff about Cam. It was isolated audio that was played on the radio this morning.

Well, you could see this coming....he looked like the 2013 and 2014 Cam...moping around the sidelines during the game....obviously frustrated by everything going wrong.....but he had a little time to get over it for the presser and someone on the team should have pulled him together before he went out there. I put some of this on the Panther's staff....unless they were willing to let him take the beating as a lesson in professionalism.

He will have to answer questions about this "interview" for the next year....destroyed his image in less than 5 minutes...though not going after his fumble did nothing to help either.

Pretty disappointing for sure. Stand up and take your medicine and be a man about it. I believe he lost fans and maybe even sponsors.

did you here what was going on in the back ground. There was a Denver corner interviewing in the back ground that was saying stuff about Cam. It was isolated audio that was played on the radio this morning.

So what. There is no defending that behavior. It was childish and he did himself no favors with the media or the casual fan.

People are way overreacting to this. It wouldn't even be a story if the idiots in the sports media weren't dead set on making him look bad. He did not handle it as well as he should have, but this wouldn't be discussed at all if the panthers had won and manning walked away from the podium.

Peyton Manning walked off the field without shaking a single hand after the Saints beat him in their Super Bowl win. Cam took care of that right away (with a smile) when he walked over to shake the hand of a legend last night. \

I'm not "condoning" how Cam handled that post game presser....but I understand it. Less than an hour after losing a game in which he was hit from every angle and fumbled twice (which sealed the fate of the team) a group of reporters swarmed him with the typical idiot questions that come from these people in the name of selling clicks. Cam will grow and learn from this, but Cam is Cam and in my opinion he walked off at the right time.....before he said something he may regret.

People are so dependable.....ready to jump on a guy who just had the worst possible day at the worst possible time.

People are way overreacting to this. It wouldn't even be a story if the idiots in the sports media weren't dead set on making him look bad. He did not handle it as well as he should have, but this wouldn't be discussed at all if the panthers had won and manning walked away from the podium.

BOOM!

Peyton Manning would never act like a child who had his toys taken away then walk out of an interview. Never.

Peyton Manning would never act like a child who had his toys taken away then walk out of an interview. Never.

If Cam was a former Updyke U QB, every single person on this forum would be hammering him. He did act like a child and to try and justify it is beyond me and reeks of AU bias in its worst form. Now getting past that, no it's not the worst thing in the world and yes he will learn from it and move on.

I am surprised by the set up of the post game press conferences. If you listen to the press conference, you can't hear the questions for Cam because of Broncos DB Chris Harris answering his questions very loudly. And his answers were not very flattering to Cam and the Panthers. Cam didn't handle it perfectly but the NFL has to take some of the blame for it as well.

First, if you read about the week leading up to the game, you will read that Cam was already frustrated with the media asking him the same questions over and over again.

Then, if you read the transcript of the presser, he answered every question that they asked him when he answered the first question that was asked. They were basically asking him to repeat himself, because they weren't good enough at their job to realize that he had already answered the question they were asking.

Finally, he was competing with a player from the winning team basically rubbing in his failure in the background. I don't blame him for being annoyed with the media.

I honestly don't think, even if he plays as long as Peyton has, that he will ever have a good relationship with the media. They drug him through the mud from the second anyone realized how good he is and he has better things to do with his energy than pander to them. His job is to win football games, not make the sports media talking heads like him. I guarantee you, while they were asking their stupid questions, he was in his own head, going through what he could have done better, and today, he's probably focused on doing good work with kids or the community to get back into a good mental place.

I am surprised by the set up of the post game press conferences. If you listen to the press conference, you can't hear the questions for Cam because of Broncos DB Chris Harris answering his questions very loudly. And his answers were not very flattering to Cam and the Panthers. Cam didn't handle it perfectly but the NFL has to take some of the blame for it as well.

You're right the set up for the press conferences is stupid, but you can't blame the NFL for the way he acted. Not even partially. Cam is a grown man. Chris Harris was answering the questions honestly. They completely dominated the Panthers offense and won the Super Bowl. What did you expect him to say?

He cost himself and invited criticism. A lot of poor behavior is "understandable". But if you want to be an MVP QB on this stage you summon the strength to rise above childish impulses.

You're right the set up for the press conferences is stupid, but you can't blame the NFL for the way he acted. Not even partially. Cam is a grown man. Chris Harris was answering the questions honestly. They completely dominated the Panthers offense and won the Super Bowl. What did you expect him to say?

I expect Harris to say exactly what he said. But, I don't expect the opposing QB to have to sit there and listen to it. Cam was wrong for walking out, no doubt. The NFL was wrong for having opposing press conferences so close together.

Doubt you'd ever see Peyton show similar childish behavior. He took the post-game like a champ after the Seahawks abused him. PM was deferential all week in pre-game interviews. You could see this difference of attitude increasing. I've been listening to Atlanta sports media this a.m. about Cam.....his behavior has been their lead in grabber and it's drawn out the crazies.....UpDykes of course !

He cost himself and invited criticism. A lot of poor behavior is "understandable". But if you want to be an MVP QB on this stage you summon the strength to rise above childish impulses.

Spot on. WDE !!!

Archived