Who will be the WR to emerge from the pack?

VipersStrike1

We've obviously added some studs the last two classes (kudos to Coach Craig).

From the 2016 class and the Redshirt Freshmen from the 2015 class, who will emerge from the pack to lead 2016 in stats and why?

Darius Slayton 6-2 182

Kyle Davis 6-2 208

Nate Craig-Myers 6-2 205

Eli Stove 6-0 175

Marquis McClain 6-2 209

Gonna be hard for all of them to accumulate power stats with 5 guys in the same class it's going to be interesting to see how it plays out. Are any of these guys speed sweep threats or are we covered in that area with Truitt/Davis?

Are any of these guys speed sweep threats or are we covered in that area with Truitt/Davis?

Jason Smith ran the speed sweep the best...led the team in YPC (6.2). However, was only given 6 carries. mindblown1.gif

I don't see any of the Fab 5 leading the team in speed sweep carries.

Are any of these guys speed sweep threats or are we covered in that area with Truitt/Davis?

Jason Smith ran the speed sweep the best...led the team in YPC (6.2). However, was only given 6 carries. mindblown1.gif

Sorry about that, not sure how I forgot to include Smith. He is a very good candidate in that role IMO

Sorry about that, not sure how I forgot to include Smith. He is a very good candidate in that role IMO

As many times as Ricardo Louis ran the speed sweep, wouldn't be shocked to see Craig-Myers, Kyle Davis and/or Eli Stove get a few of them to see what they can do.

Another candidate is Ryan Davis. He of course got the "hidden ball trick" carry v A&M. Plus he's (5-9 164) almost the identical frame as McCalebb as a Freshman (5-10 165).

As many times as Ricardo Louis ran the speed sweep, wouldn't be shocked to see Craig-Myers, Kyle Davis and/or Eli Stove get a few of them to see what they can do.

Another candidate is Ryan Davis. He of course got the "hidden ball trick" carry v A&M. Plus he's (5-9 164) almost the identical frame as McCalebb as a Freshman (5-10 165).

Kyle Davis won't be getting any speedsweeps - he isn't that type of WR.

Agreed on Kyle Davis, being a Coates/Duke big-frame combo.

Kyle Davis and Nate Craig-Meyers both have a very good combination of height speed and strong bodies. Both could have the capability to turn short passes into long gains with a juke or a broken tackle because of their strength.

The air raid is coming! The air raid is coming!

Can you imagine what Art Briles, Kliff Kingsbury and Mike Leach could do with this bunch?

Good point. I am looking forward to what GUS can accomplish with these guys!!!

i didn't think Louis was either. He was fast but couldn't change direction or juke very well.

I think each of these young men has the potential to be a star. I hope JF-III can develop into a solid passer of which will make us a lethal offense that was missing last season.

Only disappointment is that there isn't any 6'4-6'5 WR in the bunch..... One day I'll see my dream of an All 6'3+ WR corps come to life..... The run game will spring to life and DBs will be out-jumped every play.

Our new receiver to emerge is TE --- H-Back Malcolm Flex

Actually it would be great to have you in there something like Robert Leff as an extra blocker on Wiildcat or short yardage plays who could receive a pass if needed.

I am very excited, anticipating, waiting to see what these new players can do for our passing game. I have high hopes.

Our new receiver to emerge is TE --- H-Back Malcolm Flex

Actually it would be great to have you in there something like Robert Leff as an extra blocker on Wiildcat or short yardage plays who could receive a pass if needed.

I am very excited, anticipating, waiting to see what these new players can do for our passing game. I have high hopes.

That would have definitely of been nice. I was a mean blocking TE in the JSU days, but yeah it'll be interesting to see how they do in terms of racking up receptions and yards. They've all got decent size if nothing else.

Should have made this a poll & also should be in the football forum since all players are on roster or signed.

It's a similar thread to the "Who would you say is the dark horse or sleeper in 2016 class" thread, which was started after all players were signed. That thread is still located in the Recruiting forum.

Only disappointment is that there isn't any 6'4-6'5 WR in the bunch..... One day I'll see my dream of an All 6'3+ WR corps come to life.

That occurred in the 2013 SECCG. And the other Tigers won...by 17.

Can you imagine what Art Briles, Kliff Kingsbury and Mike Leach could do with this bunch?

All of them in Baylor's offense would be scary.....

Good lord no especially Coach Briles

Good lord no especially Coach Briles

Right because Baylor WRs' stats suck.

Archived