TV Schedule Opening Week

Considering their current status - it is not a bad option. Much more relevant team then FL at the moment and for the past couple of years. More people will care about and watch this game than an AU v FL match-up. Ill admit that I use to complain about this - but Dabo (no matter his methods) has that team very relevant.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't really care about their status. I'm just plain sick of seeing them on our schedule. We played them 2007, 2010,2011,2012,2016 and 2017. Can't we pick up FSU, UNC, or anyone else not named Clemson?

I don't really care about their status. I'm just plain sick of seeing them on our schedule. We played them 2007, 2010,2011,2012,2016 and 2017. Can't we pick up FSU, UNC, or anyone else not named Clemson?

Hell, I'd take literally any other ACC school just for variety's sake.

FSU would be a win, but that wont happen. No other ACC school would help AU as much as Clemson. If we were to replace a cupcake with UNC or Duke then that would be fine. Replacing Clemson with any team not named FSU from the ACC would be AU's loss. No other team has us playing an ESPN prime time game from that league.

My theory is that there is no such thing as "football watching overload"....this will test my theory.

Meanwhile I will suggest my wife go visit her sister in Denver for several day and get caught up with her....and I'll have the local Buck's pizza phone number handy.

who's going to carry the A&M vs UCLA game? I didn't see it on the list.

Likely a CBS game. They have not announced a time yet.

I'd like a little variety but the AU Administration seems to really like Clempsum for some reason. :dunno:

I'd like a little variety but the AU Administration seems to really like Clempsum for some reason. :dunno:

Huge crowds at both ends...and low travel cost...equals very profitable weekend.

FSU would be a win, but that wont happen. No other ACC school would help AU as much as Clemson. If we were to replace a cupcake with UNC or Duke then that would be fine. Replacing Clemson with any team not named FSU from the ACC would be AU's loss. No other team has us playing an ESPN prime time game from that league.

good point

Huge crowds at both ends...and low travel cost...equals very profitable weekend.

I wouldn't mind watching AU kick GaTech's arse....we owe 'em a whooping.

I'd like a little variety but the AU Administration seems to really like Clempsum for some reason. :dunno:/>

Very similar schools/programs as well. Nice fit if you ask me. Big games usually.

I'd like a little variety but the AU Administration seems to really like Clempsum for some reason. :dunno:/>

I wouldn't mind watching AU kick GaTech's arse....we owe 'em a whooping.

A couple of ass-whoopings...'03 and '05 still don't sit right.

Not sure what those rankings are based on, but at least we're more center stage than Alabama

How so? We are at 8 on a channel covered almost everywhere in ESPN. Bama is at 7 on ABC which is everywhere. Slightly better time slot & channel for them.

Not sure what those rankings are based on, but at least we're more center stage than Alabama

How so? We are at 8 on a channel covered almost everywhere in ESPN. Bama is at 7 on ABC which is everywhere. Slightly better time slot & channel for them.

Too many good games...not enough times slots....JMO but dilutes the audience to all of them.....and fans not attached to particular schools just skip around from game to game looking for the one that is most interesting.

If AU want's a big audience we need to play a really good game 'cause we will need to pull people away from the bama game at their halftime and keep them.

Too many good games...not enough times slots....JMO but dilutes the audience to all of them.....and fans not attached to particular schools just skip around from game to game looking for the one that is most interesting.

If AU want's a big audience we need to play a really good game 'cause we will need to pull people away from the bama game at their halftime and keep them.

Everybody in the country will already be watching football, so they'll all switch over for the last hour of our game.

Or they'll do something else.

No charge for this helpful post because I like you guys.

Everybody in the country will already be watching football, so they'll all switch over for the last hour of our game.

Dear Helpful

So you are saying that if we are down a couple TDs at the half, nobody outside of Alabama and South Carolina will be watching the second half ?

Dear Helpful

So you are saying that if we are down a couple TDs at the half, nobody outside of Alabama and South Carolina will be watching the second half ?

Absolutely not. If we're "only" down a couple TDs, then people will see an opportunity for an interesting second half.

I think I worded my original response poorly. I meant to say that folks will switch over to our game after the bama game. A LOT of people will want to see what Clemson looks like. The fans of any team with a reasonable chance of making the playoffs will be tuning in with hopes that they lose. ACC and SEC fans will tune in, half hoping their conference wins and the other half hoping their rival loses (with South Carolina fans falling in both categories). Some people will even remember that Auburn has been in 1/3 of the last 6 national title games (heh) and sometimes plays interesting 4th quarters.

Dear Helpful

Absolutely not. If we're "only" down a couple TDs, then people will see an opportunity for an interesting second half.

I think I worded my original response poorly. I meant to say that folks will switch over to our game after the bama game. A LOT of people will want to see what Clemson looks like. The fans of any team with a reasonable chance of making the playoffs will be tuning in with hopes that they lose. ACC and SEC fans will tune in, half hoping their conference wins and the other half hoping their rival loses (with South Carolina fans falling in both categories). Some people will even remember that Auburn has been in 1/3 of the last 6 national title games (heh) and sometimes plays interesting 4th quarters.

OK...I just figure by the time the bama game is over it will be close to a Sunday in my time zone....ABC. and CBS games seem to go on forever.

Dear Helpful

OK...I just figure by the time the bama game is over it will be close to a Sunday in my time zone....ABC. and CBS games seem to go on forever.

Well, there is that. My wife probably won't even see the end of our game.

Other SEC games:

Texas A&M vs UCLA, Saturday, Sept 3, 6:30 PM Eastern on CBS Sports

Tennessee vs Appalachian State, Thursday, Sept 1, 7:30 Eastern on SEC Network

App State was 11-2 and won their bowl game last season. They won't just fall over and die. But UT in Neyland ....

Archived