2014 5* JUCO WR D'Haquille Williams SIGNS WITH AUBURN!!!

Maverick.AU

http://www.al.com/au...#incart_m-rpt-2

This says he's set to make his "announcement" on Wednesday. Am I the only one who's getting rubbed the wrong way by this?

It rubs me the wrong way too, but I am not a person that enjoys getting attention like most of these kids do. That is the purpose of having an announcement day and playing the hat game.

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This says he's set to make his "announcement" on Wednesday. Am I the only one who's getting rubbed the wrong way by this?

It rubs me the wrong way too, but I am not a person that enjoys getting attention like most of these kids do. That is the purpose of having an announcement day and playing the hat game.

Yeah I feel uneasy about this as well.

I'm almost to the point where I hope he flips back. He's an outstanding player, but attitude and character isn't his specialty. Thats not the kind of players I want to represent AU. And isn't he only expected to play 1 year?

You don't know him. Please don't tell me about the attitude and character of a person you don't know. You're basing your opinion on the simple act of having a presser to celebrate one of the biggest moments in his life to date. So yeah, he's a terrible guy. Absolute team killer. Give me a break. He's what, 20? And wants some attention? Oh my goodness! A 20 year-old male athlete that wants attention! The horror!

I hope he sticks with the good Tigers tomorrow. I'll be glad to have him. I have a feeling he's not coasting on pure talent and shows up willing to work his butt off to get to the next level. Sign me up.

You don't know him. Please don't tell me about the attitude and character of a person you don't know. You're basing your opinion on the simple act of having a presser to celebrate one of the biggest moments in his life to date. So yeah, he's a terrible guy. Absolute team killer. Give me a break. He's what, 20? And wants some attention? Oh my goodness! A 20 year-old male athlete that wants attention! The horror!

I hope he sticks with the good Tigers tomorrow. I'll be glad to have him. I have a feeling he's not coasting on pure talent and shows up willing to work his butt off to get to the next level. Sign me up.

100% agree...

The announcements are where the recruits have a little fun with their recruitment. Nothing wrong with that. They are just enjoying their time in the spotlight.

LSU reporter Ross Dellenger guesses so. Keith Neibuhr (not an LSU source) thinks so.

Some guy under the handle of Dudley Do Right (an Auburn fan) tweets that LSU has backed off of Williams. I don't see any LSU buzz from today or yesterday.

I'm almost to the point where I hope he flips back. He's an outstanding player, but attitude and character isn't his specialty. Thats not the kind of players I want to represent AU. And isn't he only expected to play 1 year?

Really? So what do you know of his attitude or character? Actually do you know anything about him at all besides him playing football?

So if he has already committed to AU sometime ago, what is tomorrow all about? He never un-committed did he?

So if he has already committed to AU sometime ago, what is tomorrow all about? He never un-committed did he?

Read any of his quotes...he may as well be "uncommitted" in his own mind. He is expected to "re-commit" to Auburn tomorrow.

Yeah you're right. I don't know him, but you can tell a lot about a man based on his actions. Go look at his twitter account and you tell me if he has good character and integrity.

Yeah you're right. I don't know him, but you can tell a lot about a man based on his actions. Go look at his twitter account and you tell me if he has good character and integrity.

Just stop.

Let's see if I have this right. Gus, Lashlee, Craig, Garner have all met him face to face, talked to his high school and jr. college coaches, talked to his parents (guardians) and want this guy at Auburn even for 1 year, but a few internet jockeys have read his twitter account and "don't want him because he sounds too cocky & has a bad attitude". Lord help us!!!!

If you have a problem with their need for attention, then stop giving it to them.

I'm guessing I could string together tweets from plenty of athletes, college and pro, that might not indicate good character. Or I could take twitter for what it is, 140 characters that provide a poor view into the soul of man, and accept the fact that 20 year-old men tend to be self-centered. I could also acknowledge that Auburn helped me grow up, and it might serve the same purpose for Mr. Williams.

Where did you stand on Otis Mounds, convicted crack seller, and his character and integrity? I'm guessing selling crack wouldn't rate highly on the integrity scale so there's no way you were in favor of bringing him to Auburn, right? Until Auburn and the coaching staff helped turn his life around and Otis Mounds ended up embodying an Auburn man.

I choose to believe Auburn makes a difference in people because it made a difference to me. I choose to believe the coaching staff is better at evaluating the locker room impact of an incoming player than I am. He sounds like a typical, talented 20-year old guy. Nothing more than that. I'd be glad to have him.

LSU has not talked to DQ in 2 weeks and has backed off him. It would be a shock if he does not pick Auburn tomorrow.

As for he riff-raffing that going on in this thread please let it go or take it to PMs

If you have a problem with their need for attention, then stop giving it to them.

Nor sure what you mean by that? The little attention I do pay to recruiting is coming to this part of the board over the last two weeks. Maybe I should stop coming by here.

Attempting to judge anyone's character based on anecdotal evidence, web presence, etc. is short-sighted and unneeded. Let the coaches judge the kid's character. It's what they are paid to do.

Nor sure what you mean by that? The little attention I do pay to recruiting is coming to this part of the board over the last two weeks. Maybe I should stop coming by here.

Apologies if that was misdirected- and ellitor, this will conclude my off-topic contributions to this thread, I promise- but generally speaking, the demand is far greater than the supply when it comes to recruiting shenanigans.

that is a heck of a post right there.

i was a total and complete dumbass when i was 19. i also did a lot of dumb things at auburn, but the life lessons learned far exceeded my failures.

I'm guessing I could string together tweets from plenty of athletes, college and pro, that might not indicate good character. Or I could take twitter for what it is, 140 characters that provide a poor view into the soul of man, and accept the fact that 20 year-old men tend to be self-centered. I could also acknowledge that Auburn helped me grow up, and it might serve the same purpose for Mr. Williams.

Where did you stand on Otis Mounds, convicted crack seller, and his character and integrity? I'm guessing selling crack wouldn't rate highly on the integrity scale so there's no way you were in favor of bringing him to Auburn, right? Until Auburn and the coaching staff helped turn his life around and Otis Mounds ended up embodying an Auburn man.

I choose to believe Auburn makes a difference in people because it made a difference to me. I choose to believe the coaching staff is better at evaluating the locker room impact of an incoming player than I am. He sounds like a typical, talented 20-year old guy. Nothing more than that. I'd be glad to have him.

No, this sort of chaffs me as well. What announcement unless he's an attention guy or he's flipping. Sorry if some of you guys may know him or his family, but his original commitment, IMO was his announcement. He's an EE, from what I remember, so enroll/sign but get on with it. Enough with the drama!

100% agree...

The announcements are where the recruits have a little fun with their recruitment. Nothing wrong with that. They are just enjoying their time in the spotlight.

So, how many times are these recruits supposed to "have a good time?" I hope he does sign with AU and if he does, he better show up ready to work. CGM proved last spring that he's not going to accept anything less.

have you ever thought that it may just be like the Majority of other recruits that have an announcement and sign their LOI? It is Juco signing day... Geez some folks are a bit uptight. He got screwed the first time around with school so let the guy enjoy the signing even if he's only at AU for a year.

Archived