2014 5* JUCO WR D'Haquille Williams SIGNS WITH AUBURN!!!

Maverick.AU

That is my feeling as well E. we all want his ability, however, I have always questioned his attitude and intentions. Perhaps he just might not fit the mold of the complete player we want and need. It is hard to deal with egos like he seems to have. That being said I sure hope we are wrong and he comes to Auburn and becomes a consummate, unselfish teammate. I just have reservations about him at this point.

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's what I was afraid of, E. He's an exceptional talent, but the chemistry of the team is much more important than overall ability. Here's hoping that we can now land Rudolph to take his place.

I will proudly trust whatever the coaches do but for me personally I have changed my mind on DQ. He has some characteristics to similar to TO and Randy Moss for my taste. As of today he is a me player and not a we player and might be that way to an extreme level. He strikes me as a Randy Moss type that will not give effort if he is not getting the ball, run blocking for example (To TO's credit he played hard every play even if he did mouth off a lot.). I can also see him causing team chemistry issues by complaining similar to TO if he is not getting enough touches for his taste. In the end DQ is extremely talented and would be a great addition if he accepted his role with the team. However I think having DQ would do more harm than good overall in the 2014 season for the team so I would be cool if things work for him and LSU.

This feels like a 'getting everyone ready for the flip' post ;)

I will proudly trust whatever the coaches do but for me personally I have changed my mind on DQ. He has some characteristics to similar to TO and Randy Moss for my taste. As of today he is a me player and not a we player and might be that way to an extreme level. He strikes me as a Randy Moss type that will not give effort if he is not getting the ball, run blocking for example (To TO's credit he played hard every play even if he did mouth off a lot.). I can also see him causing team chemistry issues by complaining similar to TO if he is not getting enough touches for his taste. In the end DQ is extremely talented and would be a great addition if he accepted his role with the team. However I think having DQ would do more harm than good overall in the 2014 season for the team so I would be cool if things work for him and LSU.

This feels like a 'getting everyone ready for the flip' post ;)

Not really. As I posted above weeks ago this guy has never bothered to visit Auburn, has not tried to help us recruit and has never treated AU like anything other then a fall-back school in case LSU didn't take him. The signs have been there since he "committed". I'd rather have a less talented player that wants to be part of the Auburn team. I'm obviously not Coach Malzahn. Were I Coach Malzahn I'd have told DQ to get with the program or get off the bus a couple of months ago.

Would his primary goal be for Auburn to win games or would he rather have Gus run plays that showcase his talent so that his draft stock goes up? Would he be happy with a compromise? Would we? He may be the best WR in the country and still not be the best one for us.

Would his primary goal be for Auburn to win games or would he rather have Gus run plays that showcase his talent so that his draft stock goes up? Would he be happy with a compromise? Would we? He may be the best WR in the country and still not be the best one for us.

DQ is concerned with the AU offense right now and rightfully so. Nothing wrong with him looking around. I don't blame the kid at all. lsu is putting on a full court press for the kid. He trust DC and AU is going to show how he is going to be involved in next years offense.

And I think his goals are both, win games and catch a lot of balls. Nothing at all wrong with this.

And I'll add we need kids like this. Want the ball mentality. All a player like this will do is push the other WR's. IMO.

Would his primary goal be for Auburn to win games or would he rather have Gus run plays that showcase his talent so that his draft stock goes up?

And this is my issue right now. As I said in the Rudolph thread, I don't like the idea of what it appears he is doing. He is coming across like he coming tio the Iron Bowl to hold his commitment hostage and try to force our staff to throw in the biggest game of the season to appease him instead of to win the game. If that is his attitude now how much worse will it be when he is actually on the team? I know it will probably be tough to run on Bama but if for whatever reason we are succesful running the ball we should keep running the ball like we have all year because that is what the 2013 Auburn offense does best. If he does not understand that then Auburn may not be the best place for him for all parties concerned.

I hope we beat Bama and don't have to pass the ball 5 times because it would mean we had another monster running game. Then if DQ decides we don't pass enough for his taste, so be it. I am pretty sure of one thing though. If DQ does have an extremely selfish attitude he won't be a member of the class. Gus isn't going to allow it.

So it's okay for the fans to want the added dimension of a game-changing WR, but it's not okay for said game-changing WR to want that same thing. Got it.

I'm not sure what you are saying but, I don't believe anyone else is trying to say what I think you are trying to say they are saying.

I hope we beat Bama and don't have to pass the ball 5 times because it would mean we had another monster running game. Then if DQ decides we don't pass enough for his taste, so be it. I am pretty sure of one thing though. If DQ does have an extremely selfish attitude he won't be a member of the class. Gus isn't going to allow it.

+1

Keith Neibuhr talks overall Auburn recruiting and DQ on the bill king show. DQ stuff starts at the 3:45 mark. You have to be a member to listen to the podcast. Membership is free and I have not received any spam since I have been a member. http://www.billisking.com/listen-to-bill/

So it's okay for the fans to want the added dimension of a game-changing WR, but it's not okay for said game-changing WR to want that same thing. Got it.

I'm not sure what you are saying but, I don't believe anyone else is trying to say what I think you are trying to say they are saying.

I think he is spot on.

After reading that, I'm dizzy and no longer sure what anybody is trying to say anymore :)

No, I should be quiet. I don't know what the comments are that this kid has allegedly made that make him such a primadonna. I do know, though, that he should not be disparaged by Auburn fans if he wants to make sure his talent is showcased in whatever offense he plays in.

No, I should be quiet. I don't know what the comments are that this kid has allegedly made that make him such a primadonna. I do know, though, that he should not be disparaged by Auburn fans if he wants to make sure his talent is showcased in whatever offense he plays in.

fair enough. I could be wrong in my interpretation of him lately but I am always scetch about a player who appears more ke than we. The NFL will find DQ as talented as he is no matter where he goes to school. Being in a pass happy O does not meana WR will automatically drafted high.

After reading that, I'm dizzy and no longer sure what anybody is trying to say anymore :)/>

I don't think any of us know him or are particularly trying to judge him. I just hope he realizes that our coach knows how to use his playmakers and that were he playing on Saturday, he would get his fair share of opportunities to help us win. I hope that he doesn't waste time worrying about our coach, or our QB, or our running game, and he will focus on the opportunity to play opposite Coates. The combination of the two will likely change our game plan and all of our opponents game plans as well.

He's not the first African American young man that demands the ball because he believes he is the greatest on the field. It's a mentality. You build it. You pour into it. Along the way some players get offended but by your style of playmaking they shut up and celebrate with you like it's everybody's touchdown. This is very high level football and respect and class is what you want but you gotta have a killer in the class. No racism intended but thinking you are the greatest right off the truck is a form of mental edge that turns off a lot of folks. He shows that he is hungry 24/7 and wants the ball in his direction as much as possible. If he can catch them, we'll give it to him.

I have plenty of confidence in Gus/DDC to let him know what you see is what we are but not what we want to be <----------

He's not the first African American young man that demands the ball because he believes he is the greatest on the field. It's a mentality. You build it. You pour into it. Along the way some players get attended but by your style of playmaking they shut up and celebrate with you like it's everybody's touchdown. This is very high level football and respect and class is what you want but you gotta have a killer in the class. No racism intended but thinking you are the greatest right off the truck is a form of mental edge that turns off a lot of folks. He shows that he is hungry 24/7 and wants the ball in his direction as much as possible. If he can catch them, we'll give it to him.

I have plenty of confidence in Gus/DDC to let him know what you see is what we are but not what we want to be <----------

I'm not sure can begin a statement by defining a group of people by skin color and relating that to their actions and then say, "no racism intended".

He's not the first African American young man that demands the ball because he believes he is the greatest on the field. It's a mentality. You build it. You pour into it. Along the way some players get attended but by your style of playmaking they shut up and celebrate with you like it's everybody's touchdown. This is very high level football and respect and class is what you want but you gotta have a killer in the class. No racism intended but thinking you are the greatest right off the truck is a form of mental edge that turns off a lot of folks. He shows that he is hungry 24/7 and wants the ball in his direction as much as possible. If he can catch them, we'll give it to him.

I'm not sure can begin a statement by defining a group of people by skin color and relating that to their actions and then say, "no racism intended".

Glad you responded first. You handled it better than I was going to.

Guys lets get back to this young man, He is talented has made no bones that he wanted to go to LSU but when they did not appear that interested in him he choose Auburn. Now it looks like LSU's two stud receivers will go Pro and now LSU wants him. The fact that he didn't switch when he got the offer to go to the school he always wanted to means we made an impression on him will that impression be enough. I don't know but lets not bag on him. Lets hope he comes here but be understanding if he doesn't.

This is totally different then some cases like Yeldon where he played us. We knew at the time he wanted to go to LSU the fact that he hasn't switched yet means we may still get him but if posters start getting on him then we could hurt our own chances. Let's have a little class and not act like fans from that other school in the state of Alabama.

Glad you responded first. You handled it better than I was going to.

Oh my bad guys I'm all out of sweet milk. All I got is 2%. My wife is half black/half black family so keep reaching but dont be ignorant

I can't delete posts. If I could I would delete the offensice parts. If some are deleted they have to be done by a super mod. I do apologize to anyone offended by Ivory's remarks. They are in poor taste even if he did not intend them that way.

Back to topic, DQ can be a major asset to this team.

Archived