Muschamp out at Florida (MERGED)

WarTiger

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We need this guy. Do you think he would take a year off after all the stress the UF job has put on him? Would he wait for a HC offer or would he want to be a DC immediately? I really hope we can get Muschamp. If he can't turn the D around, well...then there probably are no answers.

rumors are not allowed here in any form

So, what are the chances he would return to AUburn IF the coordinator job becomes available? Also, how long before he leaves again? With the way coaching goes, he'll get another head coaching job, probably within a year or two.

Boom won't be offered a HC job anywhere. He might have choices to make as a DC though.

He's going to need a lifeline similar to Kiffin, although he's nowhere near the two legged dumpster fire Lane was.

Put me in the camp that doesn't want muschamp. I didn't want him the first time he came to Auburn and don't want him back. I would be TOTALLY SHOCKED if he even considered coming back here (if we even pursued him). don't want him. besides, we don't even have an opening anyway.

Put me in the camp that doesn't want muschamp. I didn't want him the first time he came to Auburn and don't want him back. I would be TOTALLY SHOCKED if he even considered coming back here (if we even pursued him). don't want him. besides, we don't even have an opening anyway.

We will in a couple weeks

Muschamp was awesome for the defense at Auburn, why not? He is a known commodity at Auburn. Come on home Muschamp , we need ya. I remember him on the sidelines, the defense always played lights out for him. If he comes back, we will have the dream team at Auburn.

I do not disagree, necessarily, but I am curious - why the total shock if he considered coming back? Am I forgetting something sordid?

I am guessing Muschamp's buy out would limit his motivation to immediately coach again. Many buy outs reduce the buy out by the earnings from another job. Buy outs are also front loaded, so it makes little sense to look for a new job immediately.

I would be absolutely SHOCKED if Muschamp took a coordinator job at this point. Ya'll are DREAMING. It would take a total career collapse of Kiffen proportion to send Muschamp back to AU as a coordinator. He turned down the HC job.

But Gus needs to go grab TRob from Muschamp's D staff. Dude is an excellent secondary coach and its time we bring him home.

So, let the rumors begin!! Is this Dan Mullins' job for the asking? This might be the best time for him to get out of StarkVegas. I'm sure there'll be no shortage of candidates. Will UF go after a head coach this time? Will Kirby Smart throw his name in the mix? Will UF come after Gus? This will be interesting, for sure.

Archived