As Ramadi falls, Obama joins twitter !

AURaptor

Let's get back to the he joined Twitter so he's the worst president ever again. It was good.

No, he earned that title LONG before he joined twitter.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nah Bush is the champ. Maybe Nixon

Right. Barry can do no wrong.

Let's get back to the he joined Twitter so he's the worst president ever again. It was good.

Didn't he join twitter while running for president the first time? 2007ish? Before he became president.

Didn't he join twitter while running for president the first time? 2007ish? Before he became president.

Maybe. Who knows ? Who cares ? Maybe it was his " campaign" , and not his PERSONAL twitter feed.

See ? It doesn't matter. He's on there NOW ! Everyone rejoice !!!

Ramadi falls, and the WH press staff leaps into action -

Ummm no I didn't say that, I said he wasn't the worst president in history. I believe you tried to straw man me there brother.

A man's gotta find something to do besides play golf all day long, ya know ?

laIuu4bB_normal.jpgPresident Obama @POTUS · 18h18 hours ago

Hello, Twitter! It's Barack. Really! Six years in, they're finally giving me my own account.

I though he alread had @barakobama as a twitter handle? Why with roughly a year and a half left in his term, would he start using @POTUS?

Valid question.

Anyone who thinks that Obama woke up , checked his daily agenda, and thought ' Gee, maybe I'll finally start a Twitter account ", gets over a million followers ( 1.9 as of today ) a day or so after Ramadi falls, you probably were born not just at night, but likely last night.

It don't work like that , not in D.C.

About the equivalent of Clinton launching 100 cruise missiles as soon as the Lewinsky thing hit the mainstream. Deflect! :laugh:

Maybe. Who knows ? Who cares ? Maybe it was his " campaign" , and not his PERSONAL twitter feed.

Oh, I'm rejoiceing alright.

I guess I find it odd that after 6 years and 4 months, he realizes he is the @POTUS and needs a twitter account to reflect it. But he has an account with his name @BarakObama. In 1 year and 8 months he will not be the POTUS but he will still be Barak Obama. Was this done on a whim, or does is serve a purpose for the pres.? @BarakObama is ranked the highest by Klout.com, so why create a new account when you have such a successful twitter handle? Will he hand over the twitter handle @POTUS to the new president? Or maybe he took it so no one else could have it.

I guess I find it odd that after 6 years and 4 months, he realizes he is the @POTUS and needs a twitter account to reflect it. But he has an account with his name @BarakObama. In 1 year and 8 months he will not be the POTUS but he will still be Barak Obama. Was this done on a whim, or does is serve a purpose for the pres.? @BarakObama is ranked the highest by Klout.com, so why create a new account when you have such a successful twitter handle? Will he hand over the twitter handle @POTUS to the new president? Or maybe he took it so no one else could have it.

World Domination one twitter handle at a time

Obviously that is ridiculous hyperbole. I have never heard a liberal say that. It's about as silly as claiming "Barry can do nothing right", which some might suggest is the theme song of the Far Right. However, neither is true, neither contributes anything to a constructive dialogue, so both are a waste of breath/typing.

You don't think those 2 things weren't related too ??

World Domination one twitter handle at a time

Lol

White House: Everything’s Fine in Iraq as Ramadi Falls

Posted on May 15, 2015, 5:49 pm by Keith Koffler32 Comments

The White House dished out new happy talk Friday on Iraq as ISIS – or ISIL, if you like – forces seized Ramadi, a city of nearly one million people that is the capital of the country’s largest province, Anbar, which ISIS has mostly taken over.

But White House Deputy Press Secretary Eric Schultz had an alternate take from the alternate universe known as the West Wing:

ISIL’s momentum has indeed be blunted – it’s ability to mass and maneuver forces degraded, it’s leadership cells pressured or eliminated, it’s command and control and supply lines severed.

http://www.whitehous...q-ramadi-falls/

I’m glad ISIS’s momentum has been blunted, because if it wasn’t I guess they’d be in Cairo by now.

The consequences of President Obama’s decision to abandon Iraq and then fight ISIS with half measures continue to descend on Iraq. How sickening to hear again the names of cities where our troops bravely fought and died for victory, cities once again in the hands of the enemy.

Soon there will be serious consequences here. Every day ISIS is permitted to live is another day it has to plan large-scale attacks in the United States.

This country faces a dangerous foe. We can deal with the threat. But we won’t, and that’s going to hurt.

Schultz didn't mention the twitter account. :dunno:

Too obvious I suppose. <_<

And forget about Ramadi!!! ;D

The president is scum rush is a hero....let that sink in...

I think both of them could use an enema. Let that sink in. :)/>

Wish thing speak that opinion more often when the potus isn't getting bashed...

?? Say again?

Schultz didn't mention the twitter account. :dunno:

Too obvious I suppose. <_<

Why would Schultz mention the twitter account ? That's the POINT ! While he's pimping how great the US policy is working ( it isn't ) Obama is off mindlessly announcing he's on twitter. You're not SUPPOSE to connect the dots, but instead be completely oblivious and unconcerned. Mission accomplished, I see.

Homie, apparently you're too much of an Obama fan-boy to see how things work from their perspective. It's all about promoting a narrative. Everything is awesome. Iraq is fine, and Obama is hip. Now, go watch Game of Thrones or Dances with the Stars or what ever, and pay no attention to what's really going on.

The name of the game is distraction. Did you see who his first reply was from ? Bill Clinton. Think THAT wasn't orchestrated ? And the clever reference to that handle being available in 2016 ? It comes w/ the job, right ? And we're all assuming that'll be Hillary, of course. Why else would Bill, of all the folks in the world, be the very first to reply ?

It's all a big game to them. Nothing isn't scripted.

Why would Schultz mention the twitter account ? That's the POINT ! While he's pimping how great the US policy is working ( it isn't ) Obama is off mindlessly announcing he's on twitter. You're not SUPPOSE to connect the dots, but instead be completely oblivious and unconcerned. Mission accomplished, I see.

Homie, apparently you're too much of an Obama fan-boy to see how things work from their perspective. It's all about promoting a narrative. Everything is awesome. Iraq is fine, and Obama is hip. Now, go watch Game of Thrones or Dances with the Stars or what ever, and pay no attention to what's really going on.

I understand your point. I get the political strategy of such a distraction game. I just think it's an over reaction to conclude so quickly that's the one and only explanation for the co-occurrence of the two events.

First of all, I like to think that intelligent Americans can follow events in the Middle East AND follow a Twitter account simultaneously with one interfering with the other, or their other responsibilities in life. (It's not like Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, etc. haven't already infiltrated every corner of our lives. I expect Beyonce, Taylor Swift, or the Kardashians get far more followers than any news link, POTUS, or another politician. And to be honest, that terrifies me far more than what Obama does on social media. :o ) Those who are so ignorant, distracted, or apathetic as to not keep up with the world and its politics have probably either already made up their minds, won't worry about it until just before the election, or won't bother to vote anyway.

Secondly, for how many more decades are we suppose to babysit the Middle East? Sooner or later, they have to solve their own problems for themselves. The Kurds, Shias, and moderate Sunnis, if fighting together, can more than handle ISIS under the umbrella of allied air power...IF they'd get their $#** together and learn to work together (and in the case of Ramadi, not run away leaving your weapons behind you!). If they seemed at all like they were a unified front against ISIS without ulterior motives, they would have no shortage of weapons and supplies from the U.S., other Western nations, and moderate Arab states. Also, ISIS still has Bashar al-Assad and independent Syrian militias at its back, and recent drone and Special Forces strikes are degrading its leadership while proving the Pentagon has bigger ears and a nastier bite than we civilians are aware of.

There are just too many nooks, crannies, backwaters, and whirlpools in this swamp for me to jump to the conclusion that any one scenario--including your "used car salesman hawking a lemon on Twitter" theory--is the 100% truth at this point, or that Obama doesn't care about ISIS or is soft on ISIS.

Anyway, just my opinion. No offense intended to you or honest car salesmen. ;)

Oh, just an editorial note: Contextually, you might want to chose different words. :rolleyes:

2014-06-15-Mission.jpg

Oh, just an editorial note: Contextually, you might want to chose different words. :rolleyes:

2014-06-15-Mission.jpg

No, I chose my words accurately. You're attempted slight at W and the USS Lincoln lacks relevance.

Archived