Charles Kelly

RunInRed

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think it is the perception of Gus, but the perception of our AD, that we should be worried about.

Seriously...Muschamp was gone regardless of the USC job. He would have made a lateral move. Ask yourself WHY.

I love AU as much as anyone, but unfortunately we are a hot mess right now, and NOT a "premier" job as was stated.

You just don't understand the wrath that is about to come your way.......

I'm not looking to deliver wrath but i'd sure as heck like to know what source/information there is that says Muschamp was gone no matter what? Why would he have taken the DC job at Bama or UGA?

We don't know for certain if that's what would have happened or not. Moving on.......

The more I hear the more I think that was Muschamp exercising leverage for some changes he wanted to occur. Not that Kirby or Saban wouldn't have taken him, I just get the sense that it was a threat to make sure certain things happened had he not gotten the SCe job and came back as our DC.

That sounds reasonable. You sounded like you were mad about him taking Auburn through the ringer earlier though.

I don't think it is the perception of Gus, but the perception of our AD, that we should be worried about.

Seriously...Muschamp was gone regardless of the USC job. He would have made a lateral move. Ask yourself WHY.

I love AU as much as anyone, but unfortunately we are a hot mess right now, and NOT a "premier" job as was stated.

I'm not looking to deliver wrath but i'd sure as heck like to know what source/information there is that says Muschamp was gone no matter what? Why would he have taken the DC job at Bama or UGA?

We don't know for certain if that's what would have happened or not. Moving on.......

The more I hear the more I think that was Muschamp exercising leverage for some changes he wanted to occur. Not that Kirby or Saban wouldn't have taken him, I just get the sense that it was a threat to make sure certain things happened had he not gotten the SCe job and came back as our DC.

That sounds reasonable. You sounded like you were mad about him taking Auburn through the ringer earlier though.

I was. And to some extent still am, because that threat could have been communicated privately rather than making Auburn look bad in public. And I don't care for him gutting our coaching staff to build his own either. Mostly, I'm just done with him using Auburn as a step stool for his next job.

We're doing it again, going crazy over a coordinator who is not worth going nuts over and not worth selling the farm to get. Kelly MAY be the best available among a fairly lame bunch to choose from if we feel we have to right now. Period.

We're doing it again, going crazy over a coordinator who is not worth going nuts over and not worth selling the farm to get. Kelly MAY be the best available among a fairly lame bunch to choose from if we feel we have to right now. Period.

Sadly, I believe I agree. My expectation level for the DC hire, for recruiting, and for Auburn football is extremely low at this point.

Let's remember we have a no rumors policy. If you can't provide a link for the information then it doesn't belong here.

I was. And to some extent still am, because that threat could have been communicated privately rather than making Auburn look bad in public. And I don't care for him gutting our coaching staff to build his own either. Mostly, I'm just done with him using Auburn as a step stool for his next job.

He's burned his bridges where Auburn is concerned Once he gets fired from Carolina, he'll have to look elsewhere for his coordinator spot.

Other than the obvious a Dc coming to AU to coach for a coach on the hot seat. Can you elaborate on the "hot mess"?

Bump... You cannot lay out an accusation like this with out giving some insight...

Wait, what ever happened to the guys on Coach Tub's staff? Don Dunn and Terry Price were some of the best producers of talent we've ever had.

Other than the obvious a Dc coming to AU to coach for a coach on the hot seat. Can you elaborate on the "hot mess"?

Bump... You cannot lay out an accusation like this with out giving some insight...

Dude is this the only thread you've been on? Have you even read most of this one? The evidence of why we are a hot mess is everywhere. We are a hot mess! If Gus doesn't do what it takes to save most of this recruiting class and make some good hires and changes on O, we will be a simmering hot mess soon.

Dude is this the only thread you've been on? Have you even read most of this one? The evidence of why we are a hot mess is everywhere. We are a hot mess! If Gus doesn't do what it takes to save most of this recruiting class and make some good hires and changes on O, we will be a simmering hot mess soon.

Dude... She is insinuating something in the AD not with Gus yes I aam reading all the threads.

Dude... She is insinuating something in the AD not with Gus yes I aam reading all the threads.

Well, okay then!!! She's only the 100th + person in the last 3 days that's insinuated we've got issues in the AD. Makes perfect sense now, lol. Thanks for clearing that up!

If we offer Kelly between $850,00 - $925.000, FSU could realistically not match that. FSU does not have nearly the deep pockets we seem to have. Not long ago, FSU was in some serious financial situation with regard to the athletic department.

Auburn can easily outbid FSU for Kelly. I hope this happens within the next 48 hours so we can get back to recruiting and keep those committed on board. You can bet your bottom $$ that XWM & T-Rex will be sneaking around our best defensive recruits for 2016.

I hear FSU athletic department is $14 million in debt?

We're in debt, but those details don't seem to effect our contract offers.

I think we ran a deficit for a couple of years due to a confluence of coaches' buyouts, costs associated with getting ready for the SEC Network, some stuff related to the arena and so on. We aren't exactly in debt. We had a surplus for fiscal year 2015 and expect 2016 to be well in the black.

Amazing the difference 11 months make. While I was citing those exact reasons for not falling in line with the Muschamp euphoria, you were, one of, if not his most ardent admirer. After leaving Auburn in lateral moves twice before, I had already seen enough of the guy. Oh well, he got his $1.6 mil of Auburn's money, you got your wish and once again Auburn was thrown to the curb. The guy has repeatedly proven himself to be a selfish hot head perfectly willing and capable of doing anything to insure he has his way.

Amazing the difference 11 months make. While I was citing those exact reasons for not falling in line with the Muschamp euphoria, you were, one of, if not his most ardent admirer. After leaving Auburn in lateral moves twice before, I had already seen enough of the guy. Oh well, he got his $1.6 mil of Auburn's money, you got your wish and once again Auburn was thrown to the curb. The guy has repeatedly proven himself to be a selfish hot head perfectly willing and capable of doing anything to insure he has his way.

I remember some of that exchange. I was also excited to get Muschamp 11 months ago. I think Mikey and you were two of the only posters that were basically stating: Not so fast on coach hothead.

As it turns out, you two were correct. As it also turns out, (Can't post the pay stuff) it appears Jacobs was involved in this mess once again.

As it turns out, you two were correct. As it also turns out, (Can't post the pay stuff) it appears Jacobs was involved in this mess once again.

You can give us a hint.

Archived