2016 NFL Scouting Combine

RunInRed

I thought that he never really had the instincts for LB'er but when he dropped into the safety position he looked pretty good.

Any chance he'd play SS?

Safety? No chance man. He's 6'2 240 pounds.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sort of surprised that Coleman only managed 22 reps bench. And Avery Young decided not to participate. Injury?

Yeah that was surprising. I guess it's because of his arm length, but I remember Gabe Wright (? or someone else) saying in 2014 that he was one of the strongest players on the team.

I think we already knew that Peyton is not the fastest guy around. His strengths are his reliability, work ethic and steadfast determination on the field. Hoping the young man can get on somewhere, somehow.

So apparently PB had a bad day. Really sorry he didn't perform as well as he'd hoped. Good kid.

I thought he had a pretty solid day myself. If he could have ran a 4.5 I think he would have been the surprise of the combine

So apparently PB had a bad day. Really sorry he didn't perform as well as he'd hoped. Good kid.

I thought he had a pretty solid day myself. If he could have ran a 4.5 I think he would have been the surprise of the combine

Yeah maybe..but he ran a 4.64.

To put it simply, that's not good.

Hope makes a practice squad for a good team

They said he stumbled. He has Auburn's pro day. And for his size 4.6 isn't the end of the world. Where he disappointed was his strength numbers. You guys laying out the rip but his stuff wasn't that bad. It wasn't great either but still. Nobody thought he was going to be fast anyway. We thought he'd be strong though

Auburn's Peyton Barber didn't hit the numbers he expected to reach at the NFL Combine, but he did well in some drills.

The running back posted a 40-yard dash time of 4.64 seconds, ranking 18th among the 22 players at his position participating in the drill. The outgoing junior expected to run a time in the high 4.4's to the 4.5's.

"I think I'll definitely be able to show [the speed]," Barber said. "The offense we run is a fast-paced offense and we're just as tired as the defense."

Barber said Auburn's hurry-up, no-huddle offense affected his speed at times because of endurance, especially when he carried the ball 26 times or more in four straight games. He had only one run all season that eclipsed 35 yards.

The former three-star running back also had a vertical jump of 32.5 inches (tied for 17th among running backs) and he finished with 20 repetitions on the 225-pound bench press to rank 12th.

His broad jump of 111 inches ranked second-to-last among running backs.

Barber, however, did very well in the 20-yard shuttle with a time of 4.21 seconds, tying for third overall.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2016/02/peyton_barber_falls_short_of_e.html

Auburn's Peyton Barber didn't hit the numbers he expected to reach at the NFL Combine, but he did well in some drills.

The running back posted a 40-yard dash time of 4.64 seconds, ranking 18th among the 22 players at his position participating in the drill. The outgoing junior expected to run a time in the high 4.4's to the 4.5's.

"I think I'll definitely be able to show [the speed]," Barber said. "The offense we run is a fast-paced offense and we're just as tired as the defense."

Barber said Auburn's hurry-up, no-huddle offense affected his speed at times because of endurance, especially when he carried the ball 26 times or more in four straight games. He had only one run all season that eclipsed 35 yards.

The former three-star running back also had a vertical jump of 32.5 inches (tied for 17th among running backs) and he finished with 20 repetitions on the 225-pound bench press to rank 12th.

His broad jump of 111 inches ranked second-to-last among running backs.

Barber, however, did very well in the 20-yard shuttle with a time of 4.21 seconds, tying for third overall.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2016/02/peyton_barber_falls_short_of_e.html

Didnt expect anything great. Really it just confirms that Gus is a genius because he got a 4.64 RB a thousand yards. Am I doing this right? :poke:/>

Oh, and I still remember two of the well respected posters that said after the Ole Miss game that Jovon did nothing that Barber couldn't do.

Trevone Boykin - 4.77 fourty yard dash, Christian Hackenberg - 4.78, Connor Cook - 4.79

LMAO. Looks like Boykin needed to get together with the TCU sprints coach. Combine measures are telling when there is a clear pattern, but this is why I try not to put too much stock in them.

I remember when the Honey Badger bench pressed 4 reps in 2013 and all the pundits said he would be a limited secondary player, only playing in situational downs. Now, he is one of the prominent secondary players in the NFL.

Trevone Boykin - 4.77 fourty yard dash, Christian Hackenberg - 4.78, Connor Cook - 4.79

LMAO. Looks like Boykin needed to get together with the TCU sprints coach. Combine measures are telling when there is a clear pattern, but this is why I try not to put too much stock in them.

I remember when the Honey Badger bench pressed 4 reps in 2013 and all the pundits said he would be a limited secondary player, only playing in situational downs. Now, he is one of the prominent secondary players in the NFL.

Yeah, but he had high stock. He got a chance to perform on the field when a team gave him a shot. When your stock is low, you need to perform or risk not getting drafted. Maybe a team will give him a shot in the draft but I doubt it.

Yeah, but he had high stock. He got a chance to perform on the field when a team gave him a shot. When your stock is low, you need to perform or risk not getting drafted. Maybe a team will give him a shot in the draft but I doubt it.

HUH? sorry, my post wasn't directed toward Peyton Barber. I doubt he will get drafted. This was just a general statement on the combine

Non Auburn related but found it hilarious and surprising:

Dak Prescott & Joel Stave with identical 40 times of 4.80 seconds. Career rushing:

Prescott: 2521 yards, 41 TD

Stave: -266 yards, 2 TD

I don't know man, seems compared to the other backs, he was below average. Certainly didn't show out like he wanted to I can guarantee you that. I personally don't think he gets drafted but I'm certainly pulling for him.

Dak Prescott & Joel Stave with identical 40 times of 4.80 seconds. Career rushing:

Exactly what I mean. Wow.

No what's REALLY funny is watching people argue about a dual threat qb. So since dak is slow his accuracy went up, because we all know that on NCAA video games if your said to be a running qb you can't throw and vice versa!

Ricardo Louis with 4.46 and 4.44

Solid

Nice times. I guess his stop watch was misleading him while training for the draft. Still a ways off from a sub-4.3 as he predicted he would run. Good for Ricardo though. I never thought we used him enough in passing routes, despite his drops issue.

HUH? sorry, my post wasn't directed toward Peyton Barber. I doubt he will get drafted. This was just a general statement on the combine

No problem.

Didn't Boykin get hurt late in the season?

Seems to be another Duke situation. With similar 40 times

Archived