2016 NFL Scouting Combine

RunInRed

A thread to track updates from the 2016 NFL Combine ...

Former Auburn Players Invited (9):

• RB Peyton Barber
  • OT Shon Coleman
  • LB Kris Frost
  • CB Jonathan Jones
  • WR Ricardo Louise
  • LB Cassanova McKinzy
  • DT Devaunte Sigler (Jax State via AU)
  • WR Duke Williams (previously dismissed from AU)
  • OT Avery Young

Draft Projections:

• OT Shone Coleman: 1st-2nd round
  • CB Jonathan Jones: 5th round
  • OT Avery Young: 6th round
  • RB Peyton Barber: 7th round - free agency
  • LB Kris Frost: 7th round - free agency
  • WR Duke Williams: 7th round - free agency
  • LB Cassanova McKinzy: N/A
  • WR Ricardo Louis: N/A

Source: NFLDraftScout.com

Cb_-FbZUEAA1hN7.jpg

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The two guys I expect to "overperform" are Cassanova and Jonathan. Cass has an explosive first step that should show well in a number of the drills, and he's a sharp interview. He'll play well in the interview portion. Jonathan can fly. He's always going to have a ceiling due to his size, but he's really fast, which may turn some heads.

I don't know what to think about Kris or Ricardo. Both guys should do really well in workouts, and both guys are good interviews. Both of them are going to have to really impress people to overcome the major inconsistencies that show up time after time after time on their film.

Is Cassanova going to participate? I thought he had a serious injury in the bowl game but didn't hear much about it after the game ended.

Shon Coleman measures: 6'5 307 pounds, 35 1/8" arm length, 10 5/8" hand size. That arm length and hand size will help him big time.

Peyton Barber measures: 5'10 228 pounds.

I don't know what to think about Kris or Ricardo. Both guys should do really well in workouts, and both guys are good interviews. Both of them are going to have to really impress people to overcome the major inconsistencies that show up time after time after time on their film.

I think the one thing Frost has going for him is that he's shown that he has the motor to make the big plays. His highlight reel might not be very long, but the highs are very high (ala running down Johnny Football). If a team is willing to bet on his potential, I think he's got a good shot at the later rounds.

Chase Goodbread‏@ChaseGoodbread

Auburn RB Peyton Barber reveals "my mother is homeless right now" in answering why he came out for draft.

Wow... that sucks, especially since his chances of getting drafted aren't high.

Auburn RB Peyton Barber reveals "my mother is homeless right now" in answering why he came out for draft.

But I thought we paid our players? ;)

"My mother is homeless right now," said Barber. "Right now she's staying with her sister. It's her and her three kids staying in an apartment back home."

Barber indicated his mother has been a source of encouragement for him as he's spent recent weeks preparing for the NFL Scouting Combine in an effort to stand out among elite prospects at his position such as Ohio State's Ezekiel Elliott and Alabama's Derrick Henry. He also said she didn't push him to make his decision.

"She really just asks me if I'm OK and how I'm doing. She never pressured me to do anything," Barber said. "I just decided to do what's best for me and my family."

On Friday, he'll work out for NFL scouts in hopes of improving his draft stock and, in turn, improving his family's quality of life.

"This isn't her first (struggle). It's nothing new," Barber added. "It's just a little bump in the road for us. We'll overcome it."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000638117/article/auburn-rb-homeless-mother-compelled-early-draft-entry

The two guys I expect to "overperform" are Cassanova and Jonathan. Cass has an explosive first step that should show well in a number of the drills, and he's a sharp interview. He'll play well in the interview portion. Jonathan can fly. He's always going to have a ceiling due to his size, but he's really fast, which may turn some heads.

I could Jones being like the next Josh Norman, with some good grooming from a DB coach in the NFL. If he can cut out the inconsistency. I wouldn't be surprised to see Cass playing some significant time in a couple of years.

Good luck to Barber, hope he can get there and help his family!

But I thought we paid our players? ;)

Yeah. It's too bad he couldn't get his mom one of those Trent Richardson deals....

I think the one thing Frost has going for him is that he's shown that he has the motor to make the big plays. His highlight reel might not be very long, but the highs are very high (ala running down Johnny Football). If a team is willing to bet on his potential, I think he's got a good shot at the later rounds.

I thought that he never really had the instincts for LB'er but when he dropped into the safety position he looked pretty good.

Any chance he'd play SS?

Archived