2018 4* DT Coynis Miller commits to AU!!!!

ellitor

32 minutes ago, lala said:

We do ok with the Russell but need a Brown.

Am I the only one that thinks Russell is a dang good player and will be missed when he is gone. Russell deservers more love.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, kd4au said:

Am I the only one that thinks Russell is a dang good player and will be missed when he is gone. Russell deservers more love.

Nope...I'll take guys like that all day long.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jgarrett7 said:

My statement was a joke but I think many are making a bigger deal than it really is about UGA racking yo this year. Time will tell. I for one really like the class we're bringing in. 

Truth be told, our class is child's play compared to UGA’s. They have what five 5* players already? We have zero. They also have a couple great tackles, three offensive guards ranked in tbe top 11, 5* additions at both QB and RB

The more we lose the Luke Ford’s, the Justin Field’s, and the Tindall battles to them, the more that we are minimizing our room of margin of error. We are begging for “OL and impact TE’s” in press conferences and UGA is reeling them in like they are playing “keep away.”

And, yeah, we can say it’s all about development, but I saw some quality play from them this past year, and that doesn’t appear to be a problem for Smart. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Jgarrett7 said:

My statement was a joke but I think many are making a bigger deal than it really is about UGA racking yo this year. Time will tell. I for one really like the class we're bringing in. 

Yea sorry didnt mean for response to sound snarky. ?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Truth be told, our class is child's play compared to UGA’s. They have what five 5* players already? We have zero. They also have a couple great tackles, three offensive guards ranked in tbe top 11, 5* additions at both QB and RB

The more we lose the Luke Ford’s, the Justin Field’s, and the Tindall battles to them, the more that we are minimizing our room of margin of error. We are begging for “OL and impact TE’s” in press conferences and UGA is reeling them in like they are playing “keep away.”

And, yeah, we can say it’s all about development, but I saw some quality play from them this past year, and that doesn’t appear to be a problem for Smart. 

Don't misunderstand me. UGA has a great class. But we have a good class as well. As long as we consistently have good classes and meet needs we'll be fine. UGA having a great class doesn't end the world  for AU

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jgarrett7 said:

As long as we consistently have good classes and meet needs we'll be fine

We have yet to meet our OL and TE needs, partially thanks to UGA.  

Edited by aujeff11

43 minutes ago, lala said:

I get what he is saying.  IMO, We need a Derrick Brown or Monty Adams type (top end) recruit  every other year, and a D Russell (solid)  every year on the interior.  We do ok with the Russell but need a Brown.

In regards to Holland TD and Big Kat are above where Holland was n his first two yrs    

That reads much more reasonably to me than the other post. I do agree that we should be able to pull an elite interior DL every other season. 

I lied about something earlier, btw, which is unrelated to your post. Holland and Cowart did play their first season under Muschamp. It was Davidson, Brown, Coe, A. Jackson and T. Manning that we signed during the Muschamp > Steele transition. Those first 3 alone represent one of the best DL classes I can remember us getting and Jackson was a big get at the time. Garner was also in on several guys at other positions. 

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Watch out, these takes are coming in hot!

Only 2 sure fire NFL DEs in one class. Ugh.

Slew of undersized DEs that never panned out? Do tell. Also, do you think that our failure rate at DE is significantly higher than at other positions and at other schools?

Yeah, we need more Marlon Davidsons (and Derrick Browns). Because you can't win unless your DL is loaded with 5* guys who are NFL ready as freshmen. And goodness knows there are plenty of them to go around.

We had one of the 2 best D lines in the country this year, and we're returning all of it except maybe Jeff Holland, who we signed (along with Cowart) despite Muschamp and TRob leaving. But yeah, we really need Rodney to get it in gear. Dude's been napping. 

To be clear, big cat is not sure fire yet(needs to add weight). Rashad kennyon, justin thorton come to mind as undersized des who never panned out. Never said we need all five stars, but to have a great defensive line, i think you need a majority 4 and 5 star guys. We had one of the best d lines this year due to past recruiting of 4 and 5 star guys through 2016 mostly, which we need keep up. Seems your missing that point.

13 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Yeah, that's the thing. Losing Justin Fields and Luke Ford? Eh, you win some you lose some. Losing them to one of your main rivals and the only team in the East that you have to play every year? That reeeeealllly sucks. 

Yes, we have a very good class. No, it doesn't do any good to cry about what's happening in Athens. But it's certainly worth acknowledging. And yeah, we do still have needs that aren't yet met. Fingers crossed for a productive last 2 months in the cycle.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Jgarrett7 said:

Don't misunderstand me. UGA has a great class. But we have a good class as well. As long as we consistently have good classes and meet needs we'll be fine. UGA having a great class doesn't end the world  for AU

Agreed. I just know we are going need nfl type talent to match those 5 star o lineman. Just logic really.

22 minutes ago, kd4au said:

I agree russell is good player, nfl talent, type we need to keep getting at d line to be successful.

3 minutes ago, twilli13 said:

To be clear, big cat is not sure fire yet(needs to add weight). Rashad kennyon, justin thorton come to mind as undersized des who never panned out. Never said we need all five stars, but to have a great defensive line, i think you need a majority 4 and 5 star guys. We had one of the best d lines this year due to past recruiting of 4 and 5 star guys through 2016 mostly, which we need keep up. Seems your missing that point.

That reads a little differently to me than your previous post. I agree with these thoughts. 

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Losing Justin Fields and Luke Ford?

And Hill and Tindall and Zamir White. It’s getting old pretty quick. 

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, kd4au said:

You are not alone in that thinking. He would be the star of the DL in several prior years. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Jgarrett7 said:

It's only December ;)

And in February, I’ll let you blush over the Nate Watson and Jalen Goss commitments. 

• Haha 1

TE Luke Ford (No. 63 in the 2018 ESPN 300) signed on Thursday. Ford would be the highest-ranked commitment for 111 FBS programs. He’s currently the TENTH-highest ranked recruit in Georgia’s 2018 class.

5 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

TE Luke Ford (No. 63 in the 2018 ESPN 300) signed on Thursday. Ford would be the highest-ranked commitment for 111 FBS programs. He’s currently the TENTH-highest ranked recruit in Georgia’s 2018 class.

I only have so much room in my heart for sports hate...

...or do I...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I only have so much room in my heart for sports hate...

...or do I...

I think I might actually want to beat Georgia more than Bama next year. I also want Baker Mayfield to use every questionable antic in tbe book of gamesmanship against while beating them by 30 as well. Lastly, I want an evil razor to attack Kirby’s bowlcut haircut.....Too bad nice guys can’t get everything they wish for. :sad2:

Edited by aujeff11
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

And in February, I’ll let you blush over the Nate Watson and Jalen Goss commitments. 

I don't tend to blush over the signing of any 18 year old. I'm just not getting caught up in the UGA envy either. We have different opinions, no big deal. War Eagle and Merry Christmas

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I think I might actually want to beat Georgia more than Bama next year. I also want Baker Mayfield to use every questionable antic in tbe book of gamesmanship against them while beating them by 30 as well. Also, I want an evil razor to attack Kirby’s bowlcut haircut. Too bad nice guys can’t get everything they wish for. :sad2:

I can't pick which reaction to use. All of them apply. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Jgarrett7 said:

I don't tend to blush over the signing of any 18 year old. I'm just not getting caught up in the UGA envy either. We have different opinions, no big deal. War Eagle and Merry Christmas

I tend to blush over big muscled up men choosing Auburn. Agree to disagree!!

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, kd4au said:

I am a big Russell fan and believe he will stick in the pros.  Russell is a solid player but not an AA that can just take over a game.   That is what I was alluding too.  

3 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

GA has like 31 seniors if Im not mistaken. If I am mistaken they still have alot of seniors leaving. Easy to sell competition for early playing time.

AU is young so depending on which juniors they keep AU is finally RELOADING instead of REBUILDING which is always a good thing. Kids are getting coached up here. Isn't that what the fans always wanted?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HarrisBoy334 said:

GA has like 31 seniors if Im not mistaken. If I am mistaken they still have alot of seniors leaving. Easy to sell competition for early playing time.

AU is young so depending on which juniors they keep AU is finally RELOADING instead of REBUILDING which is always a good thing. Kids are getting coached up here. Isn't that what the fans always wanted?

We have early playing time to sell for the OL where is the elite OL for this class for us!?  NOwhere to be found. If it was all about logic justin fields would of gone to florida. Trey Hill would of gone to AU and Luke Ford would of gone to TAMU since they actually know how to use a TE in jimbo's offense. In recruiting you find out who the great ones are when they convince kids to come to their team when it defies logic reasoning and understanding and makes no sense. Kirby proved this class he is a elite recruiter. Probaly the best negative recruiter in the game. D craig proved he is a elite recruiter when he convinced NCM, KD and stove to come to AU when at auburn gus has barely shown to know what the forward pass is.

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 2