2016 Fall Camp - Practice 2

RunInRed

Thursday, August 4th

• 2:55-3:15 p.m. – Open to the media
  • 5:45 p.m. – Gus Malzahn, selected players post-practice interviews

12 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

Chandler Cox looks a LOT bigger.

So does JJ. May be the angle but his arms and shoulders look a bit thicker.

3 minutes ago, Ber798297 said:

I saw a video of the tempo drills on you tube and Woody is there behind the QBs mimicking them.  He looks huge!

Very HUGE! I did a double take to make sure it was really him.

30 minutes ago, Ber798297 said:

I saw a video of the tempo drills on you tube and Woody is there behind the QBs mimicking them.  He looks huge!

Love to see Woody working . He is a hoss

1 hour ago, leglessdan said:

So does JJ. May be the angle but his arms and shoulders look a bit thicker.

yeah. I had my eyes on number 1 standing there, thinking he looked fairly big. Then JJ trotted by and blocked out the sun

As I posted in the 1st day of practice thread, SDJ is listed as a DB, but was in an Offense jersey on day one.

Today, Ryan Black confirmed that SD Jr. is indeed getting some reps at RB

Edited by Maverick.AU

26 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

As I posted in the 1st day of practice thread, SDJ is listed as a DB, but was in an Offense jersey on day one.

Today, Ryan Black confirmed that SD Jr. is indeed getting some reps at RB

Well we have a need at RB all of the sudden... so maybe Malzahn had a plan to limit distractions while having a silent RB commit all summer... Tin foil hat version

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Well we have a need at RB all of the sudden... so maybe Malzahn had a plan to limit distractions while having a silent RB commit all summer... Tin foil hat version

Only reason I'm really posting it was because a few months ago before he committed he basically said that the school he was interested in was looking at him as an offensive player too, or that's what it seemed like to me. When he said that some said "well it's not us then" Bc the view was the he was strictly being looked at on the the D side.

3 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Only reason I'm really posting it was because a few months ago before he committed he basically said that the school he was interested in was looking at him as an offensive player too, or that's what it seemed like to me. When he said that some said "well it's not us then" Bc the view was the he was strictly being looked at on the the D side.

At the time, he was still considering USCe, too, but they later told him they were full or so he was quoted as. Glad he's here.

For the third straight year, every member of Auburn's signing class has qualified academically.

After missing the first day of fall camp, safety Marlon Character Jr. reported to practice Thursday as the final signee to qualify. The other two late qualifiers, defensive lineman Nick Coe and athlete Stephen Davis Jr., participated in Wednesday's practice.

"Well I think it says a lot about the guys we're recruiting," Auburn head coach Gus Malzahn after practice Thursday. "I think it says a lot about their family. I think it says a lot about our coaching staff as far as going after those type guys. I think that's a real positive and encouraging thing."

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2016/08/auburns_signing_class_complete.html