Television Shows

3 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

All good then. Quitting last night would've seemed waaay more "flexible" than "ending."

Is a hashtag of any use if I don't tweet?

I do not know how much material they intend to cover in this second half of the season.  Leviathan Wakes took a season and a half, Caliban's War took a season.  They may intend to cover Abaddon's Gate in just this second half.

No, the hashtag is of little use.  I do not use Twitter either.  In fact, I thoroughly despise its existence.  You could wander over to the sub on Reddit and subscribe though.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Strychnine said:

I do not know how much material they intend to cover in this second half of the season.  Leviathan Wakes took a season and a half, Caliban's War took a season.  They may intend to cover Abaddon's Gate in just this second half.

No, the hashtag is of little use.  I do not use Twitter either.  In fact, I thoroughly despise its existence.  You could wander over to the sub on Reddit and subscribe though.

BTW - Today's news seems to have references to Amazon's willingness to step in? Haven't had time to research in depth but,

e.g. https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-expanse-just-recharged-all-its-storylines-and-now-1826245098 (w./ references therein)

Edited by AUld fAUx@

7 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

BTW - Today's news seems to have references to Amazon's willingness to step in? Haven't had time to research in depth but,

e.g. https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-expanse-just-recharged-all-its-storylines-and-now-1826245098

Rumors are that Amazon is close to picking it up, close as in wrapping up contract.  Last I heard, the set for Avasarala's office was the only one that had been struck.  The rest of set striking was put on hold, and remains there.  At the very least, the Roci set is intact, as the cast and crew had a watch party there last night.  They may intended to strike Avasarala's office anyway, as she gets the SG's office now.  The propmaster, visual effects supervisor, and James S.A. Corey are all fairly communicative on Reddit most of the time.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Strychnine said:

Rumors are that Amazon is close to picking it up, close as in wrapping up contract.  Last I heard, the set for Avasarala's office was the only one that had been struck.  The rest of set striking was put on hold, and remains there.  At the very least, the Roci set is intact, as the cast and crew had a watch party there last night.  They may intended to strike Avasarala's office anyway, as she gets the SG's office now.  The propmaster, visual effects supervisor, and James S.A. Corey are all fairly communicative on Reddit most of the time.

"Well, sometimes the magic works. Sometimes it doesn't." [Old Lodge Skins, Little Big Man

I wish us the best of luck.

1 minute ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

"Well, sometimes the magic works. Sometimes it doesn't." [Old Lodge Skins, Little Big Man

I wish us the best of luck.

When the magic does not work, call Amos.  He is that guy.

9 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Binged Barry on HBO in two nights. What a great dark comedy/drama. Very impressed with Bill Hader’s ability to carry a show. 

Really wanting to get around to this one. 

9 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Binged Barry on HBO in two nights. What a great dark comedy/drama. Very impressed with Bill Hader’s ability to carry a show. 

Bill Hader underrated writer and comedian in my opinion.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kevon67 said:

Bill Hader underrated writer and comedian in my opinion.

I’ve always appreciated his comedy, was a bit unsure of his dramatic roles. 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I’ve always appreciated his comedy, was a bit unsure of his dramatic roles. 

I have a theory that any great physical comedian- which I consider Hader to be, even if he doesn't do a lot of the pratfalls and such- is an even better dramatic actor waiting to happen. Tom Hanks, Robin Williams, Jim Carrey, Bill Murray... I think John Candy and Chris Farley had massive dramatic potential... Jack Black and Adam Sandler actually have really solid dramatic performances under their belts... Melissa McCarthy gave a taste of it in St. Vincent... I know I'm forgetting some great female comics...

Sorry. I'm anxious to see Hader open up the playbook. 

• Like 1

Ironfist is another Marvel series that’s pretty good. Only on Netflix I believe. Only three episodes in, but the series doesn’t seem to focus on the super human powers much, which is nice.

Little off subject......Back around 2001 I caught about 5mins of a show my then girlfriend was watching as I was tying my tie headed for work......As I was driving to work I thought show wont last........Flash forward to 2003 and watched my first episode and thought just how wrong I was.....the show become one of my favorite shows and to this day I laugh my arse off watching re-runs.........that show was Malcolm in the Middle.

• Like 1

On 6/5/2018 at 5:25 PM, aujeff11 said:

Ironfist is another Marvel series that’s pretty good. Only on Netflix I believe. Only three episodes in, but the series doesn’t seem to focus on the super human powers much, which is nice.

Season one was pretty good. Anybody that likes mixed martial arts/ Kung fu should watch. 

I have recently made an effort to watch a good bit of Netflix series.  I would like 1 episode of each until I got hooked on one to finish before moving on to another.  Currently on the Frankenstein Chronicles.  Slow start but really started getting binge worthy.  Only 6 episodes in each of the 2 seasons but interesting nonetheless.  About half way through 2nd season. 

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve noticed that PlayStation Vue and Direct TV Now have upped their monthly packages five bucks. With that said, how is Direct TV Now? Does it have ABC, NBC, Fox, and CBS?

The Netflix movie “How it Ends” is mind numblingly dissatisfying. It’s a post-apocalyptic movie with potential, but tbe last twenty minutes absolutely killed the movie.Instead of providing any sense of resolution, the movie decides to wrap up on more cliffhangers without answering the questions that persisted throughout the movie. So, bad, that’s “How it Ends.”

• Like 1

22 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

The Netflix movie “How it Ends” is mind numblingly dissatisfying. It’s a post-apocalyptic movie with potential, but tbe last twenty minutes absolutely killed the movie.Instead of providing any sense of resolution, the movie decides to wrap up on more cliffhangers without answering the questions that persisted throughout the movie. So, bad, that’s “How it Ends.”

That's disappointing.  That was on my list of watches on Netflix. I will probably still watch, just because I love to watch movies in general. 

8 hours ago, AUBwins said:

That's disappointing.  That was on my list of watches on Netflix. I will probably still watch, just because I love to watch movies in general. 

Oh yeah, be sure to watch. Maybe the ending is something that you’d find appropriate.

• Thanks 1

Just started Bates Motel and finished season 1 already. INCREDIBLE SHOW. Def has me hooked already. Not a lot of people to root for in this show but it is so addicting and a great binge watch so far. Almost done with season 2. Two episodes left.

• Thanks 1