Television Shows

On 5/4/2019 at 9:57 AM, McLoofus said:

There was only one early stretch I didn't like, and that was strictly how they handled one very specific plotline. Which is extremely impressive given the expansive universe of the books/show. 

But ever since they got past the end of Martin's story and started telling their own, well... I'm grateful for what once was.

Just figured out a Witcher 3 easter egg from episode 6 season 1 ..........In the Witcher 3 there is a dungeon where the cells are high in the air with no walls facin the ocean( sky cells)........inside one of the cells there is a dead dwarf lying next to a loot chest...........in episode 6 Game of Thrones the dwarf is asleep nearly rolls out of cell..........lets just say I am officially hooked Loof😂

Edited by kevon67

Okay, maybe I'm being a little too critical. The series is titled Game of Thrones, not Song of Ice and Fire. From what I've heard, the series has always omitted a lot of stuff from the books, and the books are a lot richer in detail and broader in scope. So maybe the HBO showrunners (with Martin's collaboration) just decided to trim the story down to focus on the various human characters rather than get too deep into the white walker stuff.

Maybe there will be a spinoff dealing with the origins and motivations of the white walkers, the building of the wall, the battles that have occurred before, etc.

30 minutes ago, AURex said:

Okay, maybe I'm being a little too critical. The series is titled Game of Thrones, not Song of Ice and Fire. From what I've heard, the series has always omitted a lot of stuff from the books, and the books are a lot richer in detail and broader in scope. So maybe the HBO showrunners (with Martin's collaboration) just decided to trim the story down to focus on the various human characters rather than get too deep into the white walker stuff.

Maybe there will be a spinoff dealing with the origins and motivations of the white walkers, the building of the wall, the battles that have occurred before, etc.

There’s an entire book(4 I believe) basically dedicated to the Brienne/Pod storyline. It’s intensely boring. The show didn’t really diverge too much from the books up until it surpassed the books, some stuff is a little different for the sake of better exposition on television. 

46 minutes ago, alexava said:

After the show I’ll get the books. 

Honestly, in hindsight, I wouldn’t bother. They are all over or around 1,000 pages and he still isn’t even done with the 6th book—he was supposed to release it two years ago. Who knows when the 7th(final) book will come out(if it ever does). The last book has been said to run about 3,000 pages and will be released in two parts. 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, kevon67 said:

Just figured out a Witcher 3 easter egg from episode 6 season 1 ..........In the Witcher 3 there is a dungeon where the cells are high in the air with no walls facin the ocean( sky cells)........inside one of the cells there is a dead dwarf lying next to a loot chest...........in episode 6 Game of Thrones the dwarf is asleep nearly rolls out of cell..........lets just say I am officially hooked Loof😂

Is Witcher a book series? 

48 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Yes. And a television show/movie. And a video game, which I believe he was referring to. 

There’s a new Witcher series coming to Netflix soon. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Yes.........wife purchased for me few months back........plan on starting this summer.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Yes. And a television show/movie. And a video game, which I believe he was referring to. 

There’s a new Witcher series coming to Netflix soon. 

Think I read where casting issue is causing a delay in the witcher series...........Witcher 3 game story was great.......I imagine the books will awesome as well.

Edited by kevon67

1 hour ago, kevon67 said:

Think I read where casting issue is causing a delay in the witcher series...........Witcher 3 game story was great.......I imagine the books will awesome as well.

I played it for a while, but I got kind of disinterested when my level/powers eclipsed the enemies I was fighting. However, I was recently told that there’s an option to have enemies scale with level—so I might have to start over again one day. 

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I played it for a while, but I got kind of disinterested when my level/powers eclipsed the enemies I was fighting. However, I was recently told that there’s an option to have enemies scale with level—so I might have to start over again one day. 

Exactly what I did.........blood and wine dlc and hearts of stone were good as well.........Gaunter O Dim was an interesting character.

9 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Did you try Blood and Bones difficulty? Bit more challenging.............Imo, most games like Skyrim when played on Legendary are tough first 8 levels or so but eventually you become over powered.

1 hour ago, kevon67 said:

Did you try Blood and Bones difficulty? Bit more challenging.............Imo, most games like Skyrim when played on Legendary are tough first 8 levels or so but eventually you become over powered.

I don’t recall. It’s been a few years. I probably just started out on normal difficulty. 

Well, once again, regarding the latest episode of GoT -- I got a question.

So, nobody thought ahead that they might want to send out a scout to assure there were no enemies in waiting? And Dany is flying up in the sky and somehow doesn't notice this fleet of enemy ships lurking out there waitinmg for them? And after the Greyjoy kills one dragon, she doesn't circle around and burn all their ships from the rear?

Okay, I guess that's 3 questions?

That's two weeks in a row of absolutely stupid military strategy. This is becoming really ....... really .....

8 hours ago, AURex said:

Well, once again, regarding the latest episode of GoT -- I got a question.

So, nobody thought ahead that they might want to send out a scout to assure there were no enemies in waiting? And Dany is flying up in the sky and somehow doesn't notice this fleet of enemy ships lurking out there waitinmg for them? And after the Greyjoy kills one dragon, she doesn't circle around and burn all their ships from the rear?

Okay, I guess that's 3 questions?

That's two weeks in a row of absolutely stupid military strategy. This is becoming really ....... really .....

I think it’s lending credence to the theory that she’s kind of going of the rails much like the Mad King did. She’s totally going to come out of the show next week looking like the bad guy.

She’s really become an unlikable character this season, but I never really liked her anyway. 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain
  • Like 2

Yeah. The strategies and logistics have required a lot of suspension of disbelief for awhile now. Maybe even forever. I try not to think about it too much because it feels like more and more things might become dumb. 

Shocks, you might be right about Dany's rationale, or lack thereof. Certainly seemed to be evident in that weird, pointless kamikaze dive. I actually like how they've handled her arc quite a bit. Very consistent with revolutionary leaders who turn into savage dictators throughout history IMO. And a straight Cersei vs The World story wouldn't have been interesting enough IMO. I want chaos! 

Starbucks cup FTW...

I'm glad the internet is pissed off about Jon and Ghost. Seriously bro, WTF??? I still think Ghost is going to jump out of nowhere and rip somebody's throat out. 

Loved the scene with Tyrion and Varys. I've missed that part of the show. 

It was mostly a satisfying transition from Winterfell to the next phase. 

17 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Also rather interesting if I am not mistaken the author of the Witcher sold the story for the game with no intrest in royalties from game sales.......the Witcher games made millions and is highly popular.

39 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Yeah. The strategies and logistics have required a lot of suspension of disbelief for awhile now. Maybe even forever. I try not to think about it too much because it feels like more and more things might become dumb. 

Shocks, you might be right about Dany's rationale, or lack thereof. Certainly seemed to be evident in that weird, pointless kamikaze dive. I actually like how they've handled her arc quite a bit. Very consistent with revolutionary leaders who turn into savage dictators throughout history IMO. And a straight Cersei vs The World story wouldn't have been interesting enough IMO. I want chaos! 

Starbucks cup FTW...

I'm glad the internet is pissed off about Jon and Ghost. Seriously bro, WTF??? I still think Ghost is going to jump out of nowhere and rip somebody's throat out. 

Loved the scene with Tyrion and Varys. I've missed that part of the show. 

It was mostly a satisfying transition from Winterfell to the next phase. 

I think Ghost is better off being north of the Wall. If you remember from the very first episode Ned said something along the lines that they never find dire wolves that far south. Show me a Tormund/Ghost spin-off.

People joking around that the CGI budget was used up and that’s why Jon didn’t even give him a hug or a pat pat or anything. 

10 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

Also rather interesting if I am not mistaken the author of the Witcher sold the story for the game with no intrest in royalties from game sales.......the Witcher games made millions and is highly popular.

He originally did, then it became wildly popular and he sued for royalties if I’m not mistaken. 

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I think Ghost is better off being north of the Wall. If you remember from the very first episode Ned said something along the lines that they never find dire wolves that far south. Show me a Tormund/Ghost spin-off.

People joking around that the CGI budget was used up and that’s why Jon didn’t even give him a hug or a pat pat or anything. 

Yeah, Ghost is definitely better off up there. Just a clumsy transition IMO. Lol at the budget constraints, though. There's been a ton of good humor in the conversation around the show. 

Having to make up for cost overruns, HBO fired its editing crew?

Daenerys Targaryen, mother of coffee cups. Winterfell, home of the first Starbucks in history of the world. Yes, it's really there. Appears at 17:28. And it really is a Starbucks coffee cup.

image.jpeg

Edited by AURex

1 hour ago, AURex said:

Daenerys Targaryen, mother of coffee cups. Winterfell, home of the first Starbucks in history of the world. Yes, it's really there. Appears at 17:28. And it really is a Starbucks coffee cup.

image.jpeg

My favorite take so far was, "Now that the White Walkers are gone, Starbucks will be opening their first store north of the Wall."

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, AURex said:

image.jpeg

How did they miss that?.