Television Shows

Just binged the 3 seasons of Lost in Space.  Pretty good series.  I would not label it my favorite by any means, but if you are looking for good sci-fi drama type series that won't take weeks to watch then have a gander.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LKEEL75 said:

Just binged the 3 seasons of Lost in Space.  Pretty good series.  I would not label it my favorite by any means, but if you are looking for good sci-fi drama type series that won't take weeks to watch then have a gander.

I watched the first two season  whenn they first came out not bad at all was wondering how good the third was...thanks

On 1/6/2022 at 7:33 PM, LKEEL75 said:

This got mixed up in the shuffle of TV shows and I haven't binged it yet.  I will have to finish it up. 

• Like 2

Finally saw the new episode of Euphoria last night. I have a tough time telling people they need to watch such troubling subject matter but, good gravy, that is some amazing TV. The music, the cinematography, the writing, the acting... nothing else like it. Nice little homage to Scorsese in the current episode, which was interesting given how crazy original the show is overall.

Anyone into paranormal television? One of my favorite shows is Ghost Adventures. My mom has told plenty of childhood stories that have passed down through the family that give a sense of belief to me.  I like GA because the presentation is ad authentic as it can be protrayed. Put it this way, I'm hesitant to use a choice recorder in my own house in case I hear something lol. House is at peace, let's leave it that way haha.  But I do find the historical elements of the show very intriguing.  My parents stayed in a hotel in Hot Springs that was referenced on the show and had some crazy "dreams" that became a bit real once they talked about it.  It was a caring encounter, not a bad one. 

Well since discovery+ they moved a lot of the new streaming there so haven't been able to keep up with last few seasons.   They have plenty on travel channel to stream.  I really like the Gettysburg one, which is an early one and the real house from excorcist. They have had quite a few that deal with demonic spirits that can make you a bit uncomfortable. They have done more of those in later seasons as they do lead to some more active investigations.  They made a separate show for notorious killers like HH Holmes house.  I'm about to watch that one. Anyways just curious if anyone else likes to watch those for entertainment purposes at least. 

On 1/6/2022 at 10:27 AM, abw0004 said:

Jason Bateman is a great actor in my opinion.......Amazing in serious roles and gut busting hilarious in comedies..........also father time has been extremely kind to him😂

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

Jason Bateman is a great actor in my opinion.......Amazing in serious roles and gut busting hilarious in comedies..........also father time has been extremely kind to him😂

And what's crazy to me is that he's just different versions of the same guy. He's so specific with his mannerisms and speech patterns, he can't really not be himself. But he can nudge that Jason Bateman thing just a little depending on what's called for.

But also, I'm realizing as I'm typing this, that he's always running counter to whatever else is going on. Either he's the super dry, sarcastic guy when things are hilariously falling apart all around him, or he's the super dry, calm guy when things are horrifically falling apart around him. He's the grounding, centering influence in Ozark or Arrested Development or whatever he's in, it seems.

He's also somewhat that guy on his podcast with Will Arnett and Sean Hayes. I guess he's just kind of that guy.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

And what's crazy to me is that he's just different versions of the same guy. He's so specific with his mannerisms and speech patterns, he can't really not be himself. But he can nudge that Jason Bateman thing just a little depending on what's called for.

But also, I'm realizing as I'm typing this, that he's always running counter to whatever else is going on. Either he's the super dry, sarcastic guy when things are hilariously falling apart all around him, or he's the super dry, calm guy when things are horrifically falling apart around him. He's the grounding, centering influence in Ozark or Arrested Development or whatever he's in, it seems.

He's also somewhat that guy on his podcast with Will Arnett and Sean Hayes. I guess he's just kind of that guy.

Well said. The world needs more JB's!

• Like 1

Anyone watched Arcane?  Gripping for those that like the anime. @kevon67seems right up your alley.  Based off the computer game.  Well cast and beautiful IMO.

Caitlyn_Jayce_Jinx_Vi_Viktor_Arcane_Promo_01.jpg

I have a real problem with Ozark splitting their final season into two parts. I can sort of understand if the show was played on a weekly basis like HBO did with GoT or AMC with Breaking Bad. Which was just marketing bull**** for ratings. 

But this is a streaming show that’s already wrapped in production. Just release the whole thing. They didn’t even leave it on a proper cliffhanger. Completely missed the mark. 

Also **** Jonah. 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have been watching Archive 81 on Netflix, and am halfway through.  If you are a fan of horror shows you would like this.  It is directed by James Wan who is know for the Saw franchise, Insidious franchise, and The Conjuring franchise.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, abw0004 said:

I have been watching Archive 81 on Netflix, and am halfway through.  If you are a fan of horror shows you would like this.  It is directed by James Wan who is know for the Saw franchise, Insidious franchise, and The Conjuring franchise.

I have been debating on watching this.  Thanks for the recommendation.  I will check it out

This seems like a really funny/brilliant structure to the show with how the celebrity guests are given no lines.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, abw0004 said:

This seems like a really funny/brilliant structure to the show with how the celebrity guests are given no lines.

Great potential

On 1/25/2022 at 12:32 PM, abw0004 said:

Watched the first 2 and a half episodes and couldn’t get into it at all. 

Finished the first season of Yellowjackets yesterday. Kinda meh on that as well. Felt like a chore to get through I guess. 

Might just need a break from dramas for a while. 

On 1/23/2022 at 10:01 AM, ShocksMyBrain said:

Final season of Ozark is like being shot out of a cannon. I hate that they’re releasing it in two parts. 

Same.......makes zero sense to me..........barely got comfortable in lazyboy and it was over.

Watched Sopranos season for the fourth time........Each time after season 2 I find a few more things to hate about it..........The character Johnny Sac was wasted.........my favorite character that didn't cheat on his wife and loved her dearly and they just destroyed his character.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Watched the first 2 and a half episodes and couldn’t get into it at all. 

It appears the person who produced the show is an Auburn alum and huge Auburn fan, for what that is worth.  

On 1/21/2022 at 6:06 PM, AUBwins said:

Anyone watched Arcane?  Gripping for those that like the anime. @kevon67seems right up your alley.  Based off the computer game.  Well cast and beautiful IMO.

Caitlyn_Jayce_Jinx_Vi_Viktor_Arcane_Promo_01.jpg

Surprisingly it is not😂🤣..............I am a bit of a gamer and Halo games and movie is right up my alley........fortnite and minecraft not so much........too cartoony for me........I do love a good story like the old Assassins Creed games and even the newer AC games......Halo story always interested me. Love the Fallout games, more so for the artwork and soundtrack.....Always wanted to see Skyrim do something similar to the Witcher on Netflix. Game of Thrones ruined me........cant seem to find a show that reels me in quite like GOT did.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kevon67 said:

Surprisingly it is not😂🤣..............I am a bit of a gamer and Halo games and movie is right up my alley........fortnite and minecraft not so much........too cartoony for me........I do love a good story like the old Assassins Creed games and even the newer AC games......Halo story always interested me. Love the Fallout games, more so for the artwork and soundtrack.....Always wanted to see Skyrim do something similar to the Witcher on Netflix. Game of Thrones ruined me........cant seem to find a show that reels me in quite like GOT did.

I was always a Zelda guy.  This has a little feel to it I guess.  I really liked it more once I figured out the voice from Vi (pink haired girl) is Hailey Steinfeld. I'm a fan.  Haha. Agreed on GOT. Ruined lots of people.  Luckily for me I watched Last Kingdom before GOT. Although that's more like Vikings than GOT. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, kevon67 said:

cant seem to find a show that reels me in quite like GOT did.

The Expanse is the only other show in the sci-fi/fantasy realm to match that level of story, world-building, dialogue, socio-political realism, etc. But even it has a very different tone. 

• Like 1