Television Shows

7 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I watched it. Not sure if I’d consider myself a “fan” per se. They really mailed it in the last couple seasons, and obviously the finale left a bit to be uh…desired. I’ll watch the next season or movie or whatever it is, however. 

Yes, there were several times you had to suspend belief watching it. The last season and finale were, well, not the best. But this revival season looks like it’s going to be really good.

23 minutes ago, wareagleguy said:

Yes, there were several times you had to suspend belief watching it. The last season and finale were, well, not the best. But this revival season looks like it’s going to be really good.

I might see if just picking up fresh with the revival works, because I'm more or less same as Shocks on the first run.

Started the Wonder Years reboot last night. Started off really uneven but really hit a stride before the first episode was over. Love that it's set in the Gump but, so far, hasn't made a caricature of anyone yet. 

Nine Perfect Strangers is getting a little weird, and not necessarily in a good way for me. 

8 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Schitt’s Creek was the last show I watched in its entirety. What a great show, arguably one of my favorite sitcoms of all time. 

Currently working through Nurse Jackie at the behest of my wife (she’s already watched it). It’s fine. Entertaining enough to watch a couple episodes a night before bed. 

One of the best

Pop Tv GIF by Schitt's CreekPop Tv GIF by Schitt's Creek

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Schitt’s Creek was the last show I watched in its entirety. What a great show, arguably one of my favorite sitcoms of all time. 

Currently working through Nurse Jackie at the behest of my wife (she’s already watched it). It’s fine. Entertaining enough to watch a couple episodes a night before bed. 

15 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

One of the best

Pop Tv GIF by Schitt's CreekPop Tv GIF by Schitt's Creek

Love seeing the mainstream love it's gotten. Emmys, Dan Levy getting big commercials, etc. And for, at the end of the day, such a wholesome show about family and community. 

Ted Lasso deserves all the love it gets, too, but I almost wonder if Schitt's Creek opened the door for shows that aren't as cynical and aren't centered around anti-heroes. 

I'm all for shows that are smart and well made but also make me feel good. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Love seeing the mainstream love it's gotten. Emmys, Dan Levy getting big commercials, etc. And for, at the end of the day, such a wholesome show about family and community. 

Ted Lasso deserves all the love it gets, too, but I almost wonder if Schitt's Creek opened the door for shows that aren't as cynical and aren't centered around anti-heroes. 

Another one would be AP Bio with Glenn Howerton (Dennis, It’s Always Sunny) and Patton Oswalt. Each episode starts off with a wild, slightly malicious plan for one thing or another but always ends with a wholesome message. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Love Lasso and especially Schitt's Creek. 

And on the complete opposite end of the spectrum, Succession returns October 17th. Best damn show on television. 

53 minutes ago, cbo said:

Love Lasso and especially Schitt's Creek. 

And on the complete opposite end of the spectrum, Succession returns October 17th. Best damn show on television. 

Amazing show. Smart but also sleazy and fun but also some legitimate emotional weight.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Amazing show. Smart but also sleazy and fun but also some legitimate emotional weight.

Also surprisingly funny at times. It has it all. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cbo said:

Also surprisingly funny at times. It has it all. 

Holy crap, the bachelor party?? Just about every scene with Kieran Culkin, who is as perfectly cast as any role on TV?? The completely bizarre and uniquely damaged brother in law?? 

57 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

E1 of Squid Game lived up to the hype. 

Well.  Now I know what I'm doing this week.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, McLoofus said:

E1 of Squid Game lived up to the hype. 

We’re doing our Halloween horror movie marathon so I’m doing all I can to avoid spoilers of this show until we can watch in November. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

We’re doing our Halloween horror movie marathon so I’m doing all I can to avoid spoilers of this show until we can watch in November. 

You know, it just occurred to me that of all the differences our society seems to have with regards to what we consider courteous behavior, respecting the no spoilers rule seems to be relatively agreed upon.

• Love 2

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

You know, it just occurred to me that of all the differences our society seems to have with regards to what we consider courteous behavior, respecting the no spoilers rule seems to be relatively agreed upon.

Is that so? Well, Bruce Willis was dead the entire time. 

• Haha 3

So, I have shows I have enjoyed even though I know they are not really "good".  They are entertaining and fun. Watched Shanara Chronicles recently (Netflix) and I'll put it up there on that list if you like fantasy.  And hot women. Poppy Drayton is worth the price of admission alone. And my wife liked the men as well, not that I care.

poppy-drayton-the-shannara-chronicles-20

Edited by Cardin Drake
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

On 8/27/2021 at 8:25 AM, aubearcat said:

Perhaps it’s been mentioned but from what I’ve watched so far , SEE on 🍎+ is good. The dude that played Aquaman is one of the main characters. 

Wish I had AppleTV to watch that.  Looked good on previews. 

• Like 1

Just now, AUBwins said:

Wish I had AppleTV to watch that.  Looked good on previews. 

Apple has really improved their experience. I’m several behind on Ted Lasso and Mr.Corman but I intend to binge a little at my next opportunity.