Fire malzahn

musicitytiger

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Oh I don't know... The offensive coordinator/QB coach... Thats who deserves most. Gus isn't the OC. We pay someone over half a million per year to run this offensive s**t show 

Slow down turbo. We just played the best offense we will see all year and held them to their average halftime score last season. We also played the Best QB in the nation mind you. Offensive ineptness is another story. And it IS on Lashlee

Oh I don't know, he has other things to do as a HC than being an OC...We pay over half a million per year to Lashlee to run this offense. If he isn't needed, I'm sure the university would be happy to save half a million...

I'm sorry...when did he get demoted? Gus runs the TEAM. The offensive side is Lashlee. 

Exactamundo

NOT AT ALL

then you clearly haven't read the recruiting thread of that Baylor transfer QB. Insiders say regardless of production Lashlee is out next season and Kendall Briles is going to be our OC.

I respect your posts and generally never disagree with you much, but I have to completely disagree. Lashlee is an offensive coordinator in the SEC. HCs run the team, OCs run the offense. He can't do everything. 

Lashlee is CLEARLY in over his head and our offensive regression since year 1 shows this. He clearly can't develop a QB whist being our QB coach. He clearly can't run an offense....so....why is he even here? 

You serious?

2 minutes ago, autigersj said:

I'm sorry man, how can you make this argument? We have recruited top notch talent for years and for some reason look inferior. You CAN'T play 3 QBs...On the same drive!!

I agree. Wholeheartedly. Thats why I think that the person who we pay to run and control the offense that side of the ball to be held accountable. Blaming the HC who runs the TEAM for the ineptness of the offense (when there is a coach...who...you know...we pay to run the offense) is just short sited. 

Now if your argument about Gus is that he should of dropped Lashlee earlier, I would concur.

But thats not what everyone in here is saying...

I try to stay off the fire a coach bandwagon but 3-11 in our last 14 against power 5 teams and haven't beaten one at home since October of 2014? Is that correct? Hard to defend that.

1 minute ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

Serious question: who decides which qb plays and who gets yanked from the game? Lashlee or Gus?

If it was Lashlee, Gus should be fired.

If it was Gus, Gus should be fired.

Are you people here posting this foolishness the same ones that were booing at the game? The only thing shameful tonight is the behavior of some of our fans, both at the game and in this thread. This is nonsense.

Easy there boys. We overall played an decent game and lost by 1 score to the nations #2 team. We got some clear positives to take away from this game and the SEC isn't exactly world beaters this season, so we've got a good chance at having a great year.

I do agree that for that right now Gus might be the biggest hindrance to our team being competitive in the SEC. He's got to make some changes.

Just now, OnthePlains said:

I try to stay off the fire a coach bandwagon but 3-11 in our last 14 against power 5 teams and haven't beaten one at home since October of 2014? Is that correct? Hard to defend that.

Tommy tuberville thinks that's pathetic. Go check his stats while at auburn against top ten teams. Dang it

Gus has lost me. I have been nothing but a optimistic supporter of him for 4 years now. But it's over with. I'm sorry. I've never been more angry watching a game in my life. I cannot believe he even allowed Jeremy to touch the field tonight.

3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Are you people here posting this foolishness the same ones that were booing at the game? The only thing shameful tonight is the behavior of some of our fans, both at the game and in this thread. This is nonsense.

Do tell what it is in the hell you're talking about. 

1 minute ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

I agree. Wholeheartedly. Thats why I think that the person who we pay to run and control the offense that side of the ball to be held accountable. Blaming the HC who runs the TEAM for the ineptness of the offense (when there is a coach...who...you know...we pay to run the offense) is just short sited. 

Now if your argument about Gus is that he should of dropped Lashlee earlier, I would concur.

But thats not what everyone in here is saying...

I think what everyone is referring to is that fact that Gus was very vocal in stating he would have MUCH more input on offense this year. So I believe everyone was expecting something more.. stable?? That was the most bizarre offensive gameplan I have ever seen from any level of football. 

Yes, Gus needs to make changes. He needs to make some of the same changes he needed to make a year ago, but has yet to make. Gus seems to have become adverse to change. To go from one of the great offensive minds in the game to what we saw tonight is just painful to have witnessed. Gus seems to make changes, but unfortunately, they appear to have been mostly all the wrong changes.

8 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

I generally agree with your posts as well, but you are absolutely delusional in this instance.

About what exactly? 

Am I delusional about the roles and responsibilities of an OC? 

Am I delusional that Gus brought in the talent?

Am I delusional that continually changing HCs is horrible and sets programs back 3 to 7 years? 

Am I delusional that Gus controls the team?

Please tell me where I am delusional. That way I can at least explain my reasoning...

4 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Are you living in an alternative universe?

1 minute ago, ClaytonAU said:

Gus has lost me. I have been nothing but a optimistic supporter of him for 4 years now. But it's over with. I'm sorry. I've never been more angry watching a game in my life. I cannot believe he even allowed Jeremy to touch the field tonight.

Yep. I feel your pain brother. I will prop him up no more. How you trot that offense out there is beyond me. And all 5 quarterbacks. Jeez

HOW DO YOU DEFEND THIS MAN?! I TRIED DEFENDING HIM FOR BASICALLY THREE YEARS AND HE DOES THIS TONIGHT WITH THREE QBS?! ARE YOU ALL INSANE?! 

Archived