What the Razorpigs think about us

DAG

Would you draft him before Deshaun Watson then? The qbs or Texas Tech, Toledo, La Tech, Middle Tenn, Western Kentucky all have more TDs, are they great? I'm not saying that he isn't a good qb, but great? Is great a synonym for good now? With approximately 120 teams, the middle third are average, the top 40 are good, great has to be reserved for the truly elite guys. This guy is a junior and his best win is over a 3-3 Ole Miss team. 

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Mikey said:

There are those among us that didn't want White to win the QB job. Now that he's won it and is doing very well, they cannot seem to turn loose of their preconceived notions and bitterness over his success.

I hope you don't take, me thinking that Sean isn't "great" to be the same as bitter of his success. 

Fortunately we will be playing a 13 game season with many big games left. The perception of SW can change throughout the rest of the season or it can stand strong. For now he is playing pretty darn good ball. The status quo at the end of the season: TBD.

2 minutes ago, JwgreDeux said:

I hope you don't take, me thinking that Sean isn't "great" to be the same as bitter of his success. 

I'm pretty sure he wasn't talking about you. He was probably talking about the folks who have said and done things like, I dunno, starting this thread.

2 minutes ago, JwgreDeux said:

Not at all. You aren't one of the crew I was referencing. :) He's not been great. He's been solid, which should be sufficient when considering the young, improving players we have around him.

41 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I'm pretty sure he wasn't talking about you. He was probably talking about the folks who have said and done things like, I dunno, starting this thread.

giphy.gif

17 minutes ago, VipersStrike1 said:

Nope. "Pad his stats against ARK St."

Are 0 combined TDs against A&M and LSU acceptable?

Admittedly I'd like to see more passing tds, but he's 12th in the nation in passer rating, 11th in yards/att, 9th in comp%, 12th in passing eff. Those are all acceptable, and better that Allen btw. 

4 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Not at all. You aren't one of the crew I was referencing. :) He's not been great. He's been solid, which should be sufficient when considering the young, improving players we have around him.

What are you talking about? He's got that 1 senior WR who's never done anything of note before this year leading the troops. I mean, he's practically got no TE and literally nothing but underclassmen at any other skill position, but he's got that senior who suddenly blossomed (with Sean White throwing him the ball). 

16 minutes ago, Mikey said:

There are those among us that didn't want White to win the QB job. Now that he's won it and is doing very well, they cannot seem to turn loose of their preconceived notions and bitterness over his success.

Is the recent 3-game success chalked up to White, defense, O-Line, RB, WR, kicking game, schedule or lack of idiotic play-calling?

Perhaps those among us that are giving too much credit to White are omitting the other 7 factors that have parlayed into 3 consecutive wins.

19 minutes ago, JwgreDeux said:

Would you draft him before Deshaun Watson then? The qbs or Texas Tech, Toledo, La Tech, Middle Tenn, Western Kentucky all have more TDs, are they great? I'm not saying that he isn't a good qb, but great? Is great a synonym for good now? With approximately 120 teams, the middle third are average, the top 40 are good, great has to be reserved for the truly elite guys. This guy is a junior and his best win is over a 3-3 Ole Miss team. 

I did only note P5 QBs. Also noted that Watson & Kizer are Top 3 draft picks.

IMO, Allen will start in the NFL one day. He may not be a high draft pick, but like I predicted with Prescott, I do believe he'll start one day. The guy is a gamer.

Do we not all agree that ARK's #1 weakness on offense is O-Line?

If that's the case, can you imagine the improvement in his stats if he wasn't getting pressured 30 times thus far?

I hope we put this guy on his back as many times as bammer did because I know if he can put 30 on the board against them, he can do it to us. To boot, he had a 4th TD pass called back because of a hogwash holding call. 30 points couldn't beat bammer, but it can us.

26 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Interesting you bring that thread back up, which was a discussion on White's effectiveness running the ZR. He has 52 net rushing yards on the season (-18 yards in four P5 games), with the White ZR mostly non-effective and nearly extinct thankfully, as I correctly predicted.

Perhaps the poster was simply wrong. It happens to folks like... top of this page

54 minutes ago, JwgreDeux said:

Admittedly I'd like to see more passing tds, but he's 12th in the nation in passer rating, 11th in yards/att, 9th in comp%, 12th in passing eff. Those are all acceptable, and better that Allen btw. 

Behind a better pass blocking O-Line...let's not omit that fact.

So you're saying you wouldn't swap White for Allen.

Even though Allen leads White in passing TDs 18 - 6, passing yardage/game 265.9 - 197.8 and passing yards/completion 13.49 - 12.9, all while being hit 30 times while passing this season.

On 10/17/2016 at 10:18 PM, Sharpbbd said:

I truly was trying to give a simple view as to what Razorback fans were thinking (which was the point of this thread) and apparently that's no interest to Auburn fans!

Easy easy....I thought your analysis was fair, but I don't necessarily agree 100% This thread title would seem to solicit your input furthermore. Thanks for sharing. Just know when you are posting on a rivals board the pitch forks are gonna come out from some folks, and those that think you make some valid points aren't likely to rush to Pat you on the back.

22 minutes ago, VipersStrike1 said:

Interesting you bring that thread back up, which was a discussion on White's effectiveness running the ZR. He has 52 net rushing yards on the season (-18 yards in four P5 games), with the White ZR mostly non-effective and nearly extinct thankfully, as I correctly predicted.

Perhaps the poster was simply wrong. It happens to folks like... top of this page

Don't hold your breath on getting a tip of the hat.

1 hour ago, ausoldiergrad said:

Easy easy....I thought your analysis was fair, but I don't necessarily agree 100% This thread title would seem to solicit your input furthermore. Thanks for sharing. Just know when you are posting on a rivals board the pitch forks are gonna come out from some folks, and those that think you make some valid points aren't likely to rush to Pat you on the back.

No pitchfork from me, just another Bert gif...

CBB_baby.gif

Dude viper can you seriously just not enjoy the rode and the fact Auburn is playing well? You sound less and less like an Auburn fan and more of just an ass. Always negative, always want to point out faults and degrade everything about Auburn football. Hell you couldnt even take my non biased, stat backed post that didnt even have any opinion in it at face value. Lighten up and enjoy it instead of picking fights and arguing with every poster

On Tuesday, October 18, 2016 at 0:18 AM, Sharpbbd said:

I truly was trying to give a simple view as to what Razorback fans were thinking (which was the point of this thread) and apparently that's no interest to Auburn fans!

I thought your initial view and analysis was a reasonable assessment.  Thanks for the insight.  

6 hours ago, Mikey said:

5 hours ago, McLoofus said:

What are you talking about? He's got that 1 senior WR who's never done anything of note before this year leading the troops. I mean, he's practically got no TE and literally nothing but underclassmen at any other skill position, but he's got that senior who suddenly blossomed (with Sean White throwing him the ball). 

I am talking about exactly what I said above: young, improving players. They are all over the place on both sides of the ball. For this team, a solid QB is good enough. We don't need Pat Sullivan taking snaps to win games.

6 hours ago, VipersStrike1 said:

I did only note P5 QBs. Also noted that Watson & Kizer are Top 3 draft picks.

IMO, Allen will start in the NFL one day. He may not be a high draft pick, but like I predicted with Prescott, I do believe he'll start one day. The guy is a gamer.

Do we not all agree that ARK's #1 weakness on offense is O-Line?

If that's the case, can you imagine the improvement in his stats if he wasn't getting pressured 30 times thus far?

I hope we put this guy on his back as many times as bammer did because I know if he can put 30 on the board against them, he can do it to us. To boot, he had a 4th TD pass called back because of a hogwash holding call. 30 points couldn't beat bammer, but it can us.

Wouldn't your time be better served worrying about Texas A&M beating your boys tomorrow rather than being over here worrying about Auburn. You'll have time to worry about us when we play y'all in November. WDE

10 hours ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Wouldn't your time be better served worrying about Texas A&M beating your boys tomorrow rather than being over here worrying about Auburn. You'll have time to worry about us when we play y'all in November. WDE

So giving kudos to the best QB in the SEC makes me a bammer.

Awesome. When you're done assuming, you're welcome to ask about my family's alum ties to AU, my extensive O&B wardrobe and watches or what's hanging over my desk right now....

Auburn%20Prints%20over%20desk.jpg%7Eorig

15 hours ago, Mikey said:

I am talking about exactly what I said above: young, improving players. They are all over the place on both sides of the ball. For this team, a solid QB is good enough. We don't need Pat Sullivan taking snaps to win games.

Sorry, didn't realize the yellow font was necessary that time, lol. We agree here.

On 10/17/2016 at 10:11 PM, Sharpbbd said:

Name a defense better than Alabama? Arkansas put up 17 on Bama in the first half and had 24 through the first 3 quarters. I know that Alabama is your arch rivals but even so, surely you can give them credit for that right? Arkansas is going to score points. Auburn has a good defense and I'm not taking anything away from them. But like I said, Auburn is going to have to score to win, and as bad as Arkansas defense can be they only gave up 30 to Olemiss a team that put up 43 on Bama.

How's that Defense again? 

Archived